8891 212 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 07:05
Dji ken my right stick was sticking diwnward in the reverse position and inward (something it was no ...

Ok, I will have them look into it.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 07:05
Dji ken my right stick was sticking diwnward in the reverse position and inward (something it was no ...

I looked through and you were requesting a discount, they offered you one and you said to have everything returned to you un-repaired.I asked management to look at your RC if it hasn't been shipped back to you yet.

2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 21:04
Ken,

I just did another sync from my iPhone and it retrieved the flight data that is stored in th ...

They got into your account with the email you provided and there were no flight logs in that account. Can you reply to the ticket with a screenshot of your flight log page.
I will also send a message stating that you indeed did upload the logs.
Is it possible that your account is under a different email ?Can you also log out of your account and log back in just to make sure the email you used to login is the same as the one you provided in the tcket.
2016-3-11
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 12:02
They got into your account with the email you provided and there were no flight logs in that accoun ...

Dear Ken,

I double checked the email address and it is correct. I put an email to them again with a screenshot like the one here.
image1.PNG
2016-3-11
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 08:53
I looked through and you were requesting a discount, they offered you one and you said to have ever ...

. They offered me 10% off the 731$ invoice. To me that's ridiculously high for a (twice repaired from fall from sky's ) bird . I politely asked for a discount on a new phantom 3 bird -just the phantom . They wanted me to make a decision on the spot so I said no mail it back . The second rma was actually for the RC itself. Then the second fall from sky (csc) happened and they told me to just send it in and they would make the second rma for both the quad and the RC
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 23:44
. They offered me 10% off the 731$ invoice. To me that's ridiculously high for a (twice repaired f ...

There is no decision making needed, on the spot. You have plenty of time to decide.
2016-3-11
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Thought paid repairs have a 7 day waiting period for payment . If no payment is made , then they ship the equipment back to u. The lady From the Lakewood, New Jersey Dji center wanted an answer on if I accepted the 650 dollar invoice . I asked if I can make a decision and call back and was pretty much told needed the decision now . 731/650 and that with them not even looking at the RC yet. ( and by the looks of it they seem not willing to warranty the RC either ) this bringing the total invoice even higher if I wanted them to fix the problem .
2016-3-11
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 12:02
They got into your account with the email you provided and there were no flight logs in that accoun ...

Ken,

I folllowed the process you asked me to. Log out/log in. Checked email address. Did a screen shot.

I also synced and the data flight from my drone: 71 flights. Therefore DJI can analyze if I am a crazy pilot as I was accussed in this forum.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 23:50
Thought paid repairs have a 7 day waiting period for payment . If no payment is made , then they shi ...

I meant that you did not need to decide right then and there if you wanted it repaired or sent back to you.
And your aircraft is in Carson Ca repair center along with the DJI customer service,
I sent an email to management to have your RC looked at if it hasn't been shipped out yet.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 23:54
Ken,

I folllowed the process you asked me to. Log out/log in. Checked email address. Did a screen ...

I send an email to management and they are going to look into your account again.
2016-3-11
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 12:59
I send an email to management and they are going to look into your account again.

Thank you very much. Just one curiosity: the people that look into this are located in the US or China?
2016-3-11
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 09:58
I meant that you did not need to decide right then and there if you wanted it repaired or sent bac ...

I appreciate it . If I can salvage my RC that would be much better then taking a total loss on a 2.5 month phantom . With the csc...it is ,what it is .... and was ,what it was .
2016-3-11
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-3-8 12:32
Frankly, if you're accidentally hitting the CSC cut off during normal flight, you deserve to have yo ...

Sorry, but "never execute under any circumstances" is a false statement.  I have been regularly practicing a maneuver I need to capture a specific camera angle, and the stick inputs are dangerously close to a CSC.  Camera/drone position is leading a descending subject ~45 degrees to the left or right of the subject's path.  Examples include skiers, snowboarders, hang gliders, paragliders, and mount-bikers.  Frequently the pitch (back), roll, and descent inputs are pegged to keep up.  All I would have to do is make a little too much yaw correction at the same time and *crunch*!  That's just the handful of subjects that I'm interested in now.  I'm sure other people have more ideas on where your "never execute under any circumstances" is, in fact, ticklishly close to common.  Fortunately I've not had a crash, but it's damn hard to enjoy the process when I know I'm millimeters away from a disaster.
2016-3-11
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft
United States

youngskyculler Posted at 2016-3-12 01:58
Sorry, but "never execute under any circumstances" is a false statement.  I have been regularly pra ...

If you're ever yawing that fast while descending and pitching back, you're not framing a subject anymore, you're chasing them. If you're chasing them, you've lost your shot, especially if you're going full on throttle down yawing at full speed. Why do I know this? Because I do a similar shot all the time (reverse shot of someone going down an incline shot at an angle). I even do it with way pointing in Autopilot, because it can get quite complex. At no point is it even close to a CSC because once you start hitting that high of a level of yawing and pitching, it looks like crap.

If you're doing a shot like this with no planning and just trying to do it on the fly, you're either the best P3 pilot in the world or you have no idea what you're doing; this is an extremely difficult shot to do in any kind of fluid way with a second controller plus waypointing on an Inspire 1, let alone a P3 with a single controller.
2016-3-11
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I agree with the OP. I would rather have a physical covered button than a special stick position. I suspect a CSC is much easier to do now that there is no stop on the throttle unlike my Phantom 2.
2016-3-11
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-3-11 10:59
If you're ever yawing that fast while descending and pitching back, you're not framing a subject a ...

It's usually not my intention to yaw at all, but sometimes a little is needed to keep the frame.  My yaw rate is tuned way down for smoothness, so it can take a lot of stick to get the needed motion.  The point I'm trying to make is that the 3 out of 4 inputs can be pegged at times during the shot, and that alone invalidates your assertion of "never...under any circumstance".  Now you're adding more qualifications to your original statement, and using the new qualifications as a basis to blast my reasoned argument against your original, hasty generalization.  I'm capturing a memory, an impromptu moment; not generally coordinated, planned, or rehearsed for some commercial.  As a rule I can only setup the camera, not the subject.  There is no second/third take.  And, yes, it's hard.  That's why I practice.  Using waypoints makes it soooooo much easier, but it only works for trails where you know exactly where the subject will track.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-3-9 22:47
Just the other day, I was flying my P3 while eating a burrito for lunch. I had the RC in my left han ...

LOL Thanks!

Dave
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-3-10 05:42
In all seriousness though, if I was the DJI designer tasked with coming up with an alternative, I ha ...

So very true!

Dave
2016-3-11
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

youngskyculler Posted at 2016-3-12 03:31
It's usually not my intention to yaw at all, but sometimes a little is needed to keep the frame.   ...

What you're talking about is known as a corner case in a situation where the unit is barely designed to operate. The only qualifications I'm putting on there is for the camera movement to look cinematic. If you want to whip the camera all over the place while operating in extreme circumstances with your yaw rates and smoothing turned to hilariously silly levels, why yes, you could easily activate the CSC, just like I can turn down the sensitivity of my steering wheel in my car and be forced to go through extreme movements to make a left turn.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea, or even normal, as pegging *any* axis should be telling you that you're at a borderline case, and you're pegging three of them and wanting to do four! Which segues right into the final point: if your shot isn't repeatable (extremely rare, even extreme sports shots are done over and over and over), you need to be using a tool that will guarantee you're getting the shot with as much coverage as possible. If you're on the borderline of destroying your hardware you either don't know how to control it (settings, skill, experience), or you're using the wrong tool.
2016-3-11
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-8 19:34
Stuff like this makes me laugh.   
"Hey DJI, build us a Quad thats completely idiot-proof that prote ...

They're obviously milking the product line by delaying the ass-wipe function for P5
2016-3-13
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Khsalum83@hotma Posted at 2016-3-13 16:39
They're obviously milking the product line by delaying the ass-wipe function for P5

Yeah, I heard they are having problems trying to figure out how to prevent the props from cutting guy's "dangly bits" off in the wiping process..
2016-3-13
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

What if you are close to CSC and suddenly sneeze? That would be a $1400 sneeze. CSC was just a hack to solve the problem of a missing button on the controller. DJI should add the button (with a flip cover) in the Phantom 5 and remove CSC.

Just think about it logically for a moment. Imagine there was an emergency button on the controller which worked great but then DJI decided to add CSC to the controllers and remove the button. Everyone would be up in arms about it. That's a good way to figuring out if you should change something. The best reason to remove CSC is that it makes pilots nervous. We are already nervous about having risking a lot of money every flight so anything DJI can do to make us more confident is a good thing.
2016-3-13
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-14 14:59
What if you are close to CSC and suddenly sneeze? That would be a $1400 sneeze. CSC was just a hack  ...

Just think about it logically for a moment.
"What if you are close to CSC and suddenly sneeze? "
If you are close to CSC, you are flying in a downward spiral at close to max speed at the same time as flying backwards-sideways at max speed.
That's not a move anyone does in normal flight.
It's a move that might be made by a two year old that hadn't read the manual or a monkey on meth.
2016-3-13
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-13 21:08
Just think about it logically for a moment.
"What if you are close to CSC and suddenly sneeze? "

How about it simply makes me nervous?
Just curious: If there was an emergency button on the controller, would you prefer to use that or the old CSC approach if it were optional?
2016-3-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-13
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-14 15:12
How about it simply makes me nervous?
Just curious: If there was an emergency button on the contro ...

After several hundred hours experience with DJI machines, I'm perfectly happy with CSC as it is because I understand that it is a good system and won't cause problems in use.
2016-3-13
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

After over 100 posts here, the conclusions I get are:

1)        CSC is a problem to several users (and, according to DJI, #1 reason for pilot error);
2)        Many users suggest a button exclusively to stop engines in an emergency situation;
3)        There is a cultural issue with DJI that responds hostilely to critics against them;
4)        DJI still has a lot to improve in their customer service quality. Communication is not a strength.
2016-3-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-15 00:20
After over 100 posts here, the conclusions I get are:

1)        CSC is a problem to several users (and, ac ...

Over 100 posts and you only took notice of those supporting yours?
2016-3-14
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-14 10:47
Over 100 posts and you only took notice of those supporting yours?

No, I said MANY users. Not ALL users. Therefore, others (the minority) think differently.
2016-3-14
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-13 22:42
After several hundred hours experience with DJI machines, I'm perfectly happy with CSC as it is be ...

I asked a simple question which you ignored so now I am ignoring you.
2016-3-14
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 14:34
I'm sorry for the delay, it seems they are still analyzing your flight records.
I will look into i ...

Hi Ken,

Could you please advice if my flight logs have been located?
2016-3-14
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

Only one question to DJI, Is possible to do the tings beter that the real CSC procedure?
and with this generous action avoid many problems with mistakes of beginers?
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-15 01:17
Hi Ken,

Could you please advice if my flight logs have been located?

I just saw your flight log and indeed it was a CSC. If you play that flight back you will see for yourself that at 5:37 into the flight you 122m up and 489.4m out and you executed the CSC command.
You had plenty of satellites (15) and 73% battery remaining.
So there was no issues expect for you executing the CSC.
I am sorry about that.
2016-3-14
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Sorry for the loss
2016-3-14
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-14 11:07
I just saw your flight log and indeed it was a CSC error. If you play that flight back you will se ...

Just checking: So a crash due to an unintended CSC is pilot error? I would chalk it up as a design problem myself. What if a Jumbo jet had a mode that caused it to blow up if you set moved the throttle and stick in some way even for an instant?
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-15 03:08
Just checking: So a crash due to an unintended CSC is pilot error? I would chalk it up as a design  ...

It is designed that way, so it certainly is not a design problem.
And in the case of your scenario, that would never happen because of the extensive training every pilot goes through.
With the manual and videos in the app and all the other information out there there shouldn't be any reason to do a CSC in the air.
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fermin Posted at 2016-3-15 01:31
Only one question to DJI, Is possible to do the tings beter that the real CSC procedure?
and with th ...

Every new user who flies a new Phantom should read the entire manual and watch the tutorial videos in the app.
2016-3-14
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-14 15:07
I just saw your flight log and indeed it was a CSC. If you play that flight back you will see for y ...

Ken
I am going to make this flight log public. Looking into it if you analyze the sticks behavior you'll see that I was performing an ordinary flight, nothing radical.
Because of a random situation for a fraction of a second the sticks were simultaneously in the CSC position, shutting down the engines.
Because of a poor decision from DJI this may happen and is happening for many users. As DJI states, this is the main reason for piloto error.
So, no matter how safe you fly your drone, if by accident the sticks pass through the CSC position, you don't have a drone any more.
This is absurd.
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-10 01:02
I strongly disagree.
The form factor and flight features eliminate the from of the aircraft. There ...

I'm sorry but normal flying in normal flight conditions will not even get you close to the doing a CSC.
If you can post a video from the simulator showing that a normal flight that comes close to executing a CSC, I would really welcome seeing that video.
2016-3-14
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-14 17:22
I'm sorry but normal flying in normal flight conditions will not even get you close to the doing a ...

You have the video Ken. Just look the flight log and the dynamics of the drone. You are wrong, period.
People have to be aware of this issue. I encourage everyone that thinks that this CSC procedure should be changed that writes to specialized publications as I am doing right now.
Apple.com
Amazon.com
etc.
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules