Change CSC Procedure
8881 212 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Just had warranty denied bc of a csc on my p3p. Was using the home lock feature and had the right stick in the direction for it to come home . Descending and coming home , yawing from side to side to see obstructions and bam.  721$ invoice good buy p3p
2016-3-10
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-10 09:02
I'm really sorry bro. Guess this issue make a real difference to you! (and anyone else it happens  ...

Csc was always a non thing for me . Understood it and never did it except for firing the Ac on . First time really using home lock and not actually flying my Ac . So for all that says they will never do it and so on. I was one of them also Z until trying the home lock feature and bam!
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-10 22:00
Just had warranty denied bc of a csc on my p3p. Was using the home lock feature and had the right st ...

I'm sorry for your accident, you said yawing from side to side to see obstructions. But you also had full bank as well. You were looking out to make sure not to hit anything, I just don't see how with full rudder and full bank deflection that you could see anything.
Again,
2016-3-10
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 09:37
I'm sorry for your accident, you said yawing from side to side to see obstructions. But you also h ...

http://youtu.be/eFwyTqT-Wqk

Footage from crash
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Flight didn't seem crazy or full anything. Dji chalked it up as user error and csc . My RC had some rattles in it and right joy stick seemed to stick downward and inward but again , Dji isn't warranting the RC either.    Recoup my money by selling RC ? Not
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-10 12:40
That's a heartbreak man. I don't know about you but if I lost my bird would be a while before I co ...

DJI makes a great product. Unfortunately they have a terrible customer service culture. I had postponed the purchased of my first DJI drone for over 2 years due to the comments I used to read about their customer service. Aparently it improved very little.
Right now I am waiting DJI to respond a ticket I opened. It's been over 5 weeks and nothing.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-10 23:42
http://youtu.be/eFwyTqT-Wqk

Footage from crash

You were yawing side so side to see obstructions, Question, why the need for yawing so violently like that to see obstructions?
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-10 23:46
DJI makes a great product. Unfortunately they have a terrible customer service culture. I had postp ...

I'm sorry you are having an issue, what is your ticket number and I will look into it.
2016-3-10
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

Clearly speaking, I don´t understan how DJI don´t take the decision of chabge this procedure, It will take a cost of 1h of programing 1 men, I am sure that  must be another hidden reason,
It is the only explanation that can be.
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 10:14
You were yawing side so side to see obstructions, Question, why the need for yawing so violently l ...

Too see obstructions and was testing to see if the phantom would hold its course regardless of orientation .
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 00:25
Too see obstructions and was testing to see if the phantom would hold its course regardless of ori ...

I see,
I'm sorry that you had an accident. At least now, I don't think you will do a CSC in the air again.
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

This makes two fall from the sky issues. Second being "csc" related what was the first ? Was it csc"d the first time also? Don't know. Will never know as only thing I and many others find out is that phantom was repaired /replaced under warranty .
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 13:15
I'm sorry you are having an issue, what is your ticket number and I will look into it.

Ken

Thanks for your attention.

Ticket #255145
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 01:16
Ken

Thanks for your attention.

I'm sorry for the delay, it seems they are still analyzing your flight records.
I will look into it and you will be notified by email
I see part of the delay is they were waiting for proof of purchase.
Again, I will look into it and have someone respond to you.
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 14:34
I'm sorry for the delay, it seems they are still analyzing your flight records.
I will look into i ...

Ken,

I sent the PO number and all the information. It was bought at DJI.COM.
Thanks you.

I'm just waiting the final report form DJI to decide what to do. One possibility is buying the new P4.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 01:37
Ken,

I sent the PO number and all the information. It was bought at DJI.COM.

Sounds good, the P4 is absolutely AMAZING !
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 14:41
Sounds good, the P4 is absolutely AMAZING !

So help me by changing my perception of DJI's customer care.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 01:57
So help me by changing my perception of DJI's customer care.

What's your perception?
It's well stated in the DJI Care FAQ's.  http://www.dji.com/support/djicareAnd if you're talking about Customer Service, what do you want to know.
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 15:32
What's your perception?
It's well stated in the DJI Care FAQ's.  http://www.dji.com/support/djicare ...

Ken,

I see lots of posts that states poor communication from DJI customer service. My situation is an example of that. I've been waiting for over a month for  my ticket analysis. See its log.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 03:12
Ken,

I see lots of posts that states poor communication from DJI customer service. My situation i ...

I'm sorry, I do understand. I'm waiting for a reply about your case.
2016-3-10
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-10 23:02
I'm really sorry bro. Guess this issue make a real difference to you! (and anyone else it happens  ...

He's not getting insulted, he's getting raked over the coals for making silly arguments. And I'm sorry, but if you're using home lock and violently yawing it to see obstructions, you're flying too fast.
The fact is that there will always be a balance between contortions you have to go through to execute a manuever like an engine cut off and accidentally executing it. Even if the manuever was the CSC plus five button presses, someone would STILL complain that it wasn't enough. As it stands, the only people complaining about the CSC are people with little flying experience, and those are a tiny percentage out of the amount of people actually purchasing the units who are new flyers. What does that tell you?

This thread is beyond ridiculous at this point. Take some responsibility, and if you can't handle it, either mod your controller to never execute the move, or don't buy DJI products. Did you know when I'm driving my car by a brick wall, if I yank the wheel to the left towards it I'll crash the car? It's really unsafe.
2016-3-10
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-3-11 06:03
He's not getting insulted, he's getting raked over the coals for making silly arguments. And I'm so ...

You seem hell bent on ignoring that the main source of identifying this as a problem is DJI, the company with the experience and data to identify such a thing. But hey you are obviously way more experienced and have access to far better data than them. You have presented precisely no argument whatsoever except the inane "I'm an experienced pilot and I don't see a problem" which is more a statement about your own self-importance than any real argument.

"silly argument"
ROFL! man you ARE funny!

On that note, I'm out of this discussion.

May your flat earth society continue to thrive and prosper
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-3-10 14:03
He's not getting insulted, he's getting raked over the coals for making silly arguments. And I'm so ...

its Dji lack of transparency that makes the situation worst . This isn't my first fall from sky issue but it is the first that was blamed on csc. You say u fix my bird but don't tell me what u fixed or why u fixed it . Or what happened. . Leaves me skeptical when it happens a month later and then they blame it on me for user error. z
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Dji please chime in . Where u at now ? Please pull up my first rma and tell me what happened and what was fixed or replaced      
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 03:12
Ken,

I see lots of posts that states poor communication from DJI customer service. My situation i ...

I just spoke to the repair department, and you have not synced your flight records so there is nothing in your account.
please sync your records then they can analyze your flight.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-10 23:46
Flight didn't seem crazy or full anything. Dji chalked it up as user error and csc . My RC had some  ...

Are you saying your flight was a normal flight?
I still don't understand why you would use full deflection to see what's in your way.
To me, your video doesn't look like a normal flight.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 05:37
its Dji lack of transparency that makes the situation worst . This isn't my first fall from sky i ...

The flight records already showed you did a CSC in the air and that's what caused the crash. I don't know what more you are looking for.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 05:40
Dji please chime in . Where u at now ? Please pull up my first rma and tell me what happened and wha ...

Reply to the emails sent to you regarding the RMA and request what was repaired.
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 16:22
The flight records already showed you did a CSC in the air and that's what caused the crash. I don ...

Csc caused the crash but not the RC right sticks sticking inwards or downwards . Denied warranty on bird for csc and also my RC ? Every email asking about the RC they just respond days later with csc caused crash and not fixing RC
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 06:59
Csc caused the crash but not the RC right sticks sticking inwards or downwards . Denied warranty o ...

What is your ticket number and I will look into it.
What was wrong with the RC?
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Dji ken my right stick was sticking diwnward in the reverse position and inward (something it was not supposed to do ).   
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Rma. 262147
2016-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-8 09:03
Why do they not accept suggestions? This behavior is very disrespectful. Maybe the day they loose a  ...

A guy named Paul Kerry was using the words lawsuit and DJI in the same sentence and we all know what happened to him. Rip paul_
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 19:17
I just spoke to the repair department, and you have not synced your flight records so there is not ...

Ken,

I did the sync with the "cloud" following the instruction I received at that time from Ian. I got the 100% sync completed message. That was 2 weeks ago.
Iansaid  15 days ago

Dear Ivo
Thank you for your correspondence.

Our previous email to you sent on Thu, Feb 18th asked for a 'proof of purchase' (receipt) for the aircraft. Are you able to email a copy to us ?

In addition please reply with the flight logs of the flight in question. We will have the repair department look over the logs to see if we can determine the cause of this unfortunate situation.
To give us access to the flight logs, please follow the instructions below:
1. Provide us with your DJI account name i.e. the email address or username used to log into the DJI Go app/your DJI account. (Password not needed).
2. Connect your mobile device to the internet with WIFI or cellular data.
3. Launch the DJI Go App. Click the “aircraft” icon on the top left.
4. Click the “cloud” icon on the top right, sync one month record and wait until it’s 100% completed. Once this has been completed, inform us, and we will take a look at the flight logs.

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI

"The Future Of Possible"

2016-3-11
Use props
Jughead
lvl.1

United Kingdom

CSC is such a silly implementation.

For the 'expert' flyers leave it as it is but make it an option to assign a combination of buttons that couldn't be pressed in error in the beginner mode.
2016-3-11
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 19:17
I just spoke to the repair department, and you have not synced your flight records so there is not ...

Ken,

I just did another sync from my iPhone and it retrieved the flight data that is stored in the cloud. I do not know what your repair guy did, but the data is there 100% sure.
2016-3-11
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 19:20
Are you saying your flight was a normal flight?
I still don't understand why you would use full de ...

Even tough i could see myself doing that kind of crazy manouver in home lock, i don't understand the "diagonal move".

He was in home course lock, so the left stick works normally and the right stick is relative to home position.
So he was descending and turning quickly with the left stick as seen in the video.
And he was pulling downwards/closer to home point in the right stick but I don't get why he needed to move sideways while doing so.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 06:59
Csc caused the crash but not the RC right sticks sticking inwards or downwards . Denied warranty o ...

I will inquire about the RC
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules