Does the Naza m v2 not work with some ESC /motor setups?
6211 2 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacklscott3
New

United States

I bough a cheap 450 quad package which came with dji 2212/920kv motors,  Simonk 30A ESCs and the cheap atom cc3d flight controller.
I originally set it up with an openpilot revo board instead of the cc3d it came with. And everything Worked fine. I changed the fc to a Naza m v2 (Which came off my flamewheel 550 and had never had problems)  after changing the settings to accommodate a quad rather than hex and various other changes, gps location ect(I've set up at least a dozen quads with Naza flight controllers), I took it out for a test flight. The motors idled fine, but as soon as I spooled  up it the quad rolled over as if I was giving it full roll command. Frustrated I removed the Naza m v2 and put it back on my flamewheel, again it worked fine. I then tested all the esc/motors and I found some issues which seemed to be a result of the crash since I knew they had worked fine when I was using the openpilot fc . I changed out every ESC and every motor, just to be safe. I then put it back together but this time I set it up with my Naza m lite controller rather than my Naza m v2.  With 4 new motors and 4 new ESCs as soon as I spooled up it rolled over the exact same way. WHAT!?! So I guess my first thought is perhaps those motors or ESCs are not compatible with the Naza flight controllers. Any other ideas?
Jack
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are setting it up as Quar-rotor X in the assistant software right?
And you have the motors spinning the correct direction?
M1 CCW, M2 CW, M3 CCW, M4 CW
What I used to do with my older flamewheels is to make sure the motors are spinning the correct way is to arm the motors and watrch each motor to see if it's spinning the correct way. If not then reverse the outer two motor wires.
And if you can't tell from arming the motors, then arm the motors with the aircraft teathered down on a short teather to see how it reacts when you throttle up.
2016-3-8
Use props
1000jetdrive
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-8 12:46
You are setting it up as Quar-rotor X in the assistant software right?
And you have the motors spinning the correct direction?
M1 CCW, M2 CW, M3 CCW, M4 CW

Saw your post from 2016.  I am building a  F450 using NAZA M V2 and Hawk's work motor's and ESC's
without BEC.  Also a FS-1A10B reciver.  The problem is that the ESC will not plug into the M1-4 slots in the NAZA controler.  Also they are two wire not three wire.  Is there a adapter i need to use to plug the ESC's in?
4-12 12:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules