P3P DJI CARE RMA Process Review - in progress
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Ticket # 267386

My new phantom 3 pro is having electronic speed control errors so I need to send it in for RMA. I have dji Care one year plan on my phantom 3 professional. It has never flown due to the ESC errors so hopefully I'll get my phantom 3 professional back fast, and finally get to enjoy it.

The first thing I did was try the chat yesterday but had no response after 10-20 minutes but that was near closing. Today I started the chat again and had no response from the first representative but the second time I tried the chat today I got somebody to respond, it seems that the chat representatives deal with more than one case at one time so if they stop talking to you for 5-10 minutes don't worry we'll get back to you.

I am a cancer patient and it's really hard for me to use the phone currently but if you can use the phone perfectly fine then I suggest you just call the DJI office in the United States, as it should be faster.

I am now waiting for the shipping label from dji so I can send in my phantom 3 professional in for repair through dji care, which can take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to receive the shipping label. (Wish this was instant as I'd already have it shipped out)
What I'm worried about is crazy custom fees if they use UPS. Edit - they use FedEx, hopefully no outrageous customs charge.

March 10th Update - it as shipped out today but very disappointed that they won't get it till the 18th, very slow imo. Update - weather delays have slowed the package down according to fedex. It now shows DJI will have it by the 17th.

March 11th Update - I'm reading horror stories on the net about FedEx and high broker fees of 500$ on a 1000$ RMA, if FedEx pulls thhis on me I have another option according to Canadian Law, it is to self check my package at the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and only have to pay a maximum of 20$, but this only works if FedEx plays ball and gives me the shipping manifest at the door which is required by Canadian law, but FedEx tends to break this law on a regular basis and refuses. I might be forced to take the package, Photocopy the manifest, give back the box and say I'm denied receipt of this package and to hold it at the depot, then start the process with the CBSA. HOPEFULLY I'm just being paranoid.

I will keep this post updated on my experience with dji care and how fast it is.

2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see your ticket, and your unit is under warranty so the warranty will cover everything including the shipping.
Also, if your unit is new and only have an ESC error, I would think they would repair your aircraft and not send you another one.
2016-3-8
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

Ty ken, that puts my mind at ease. Ticket is in processing, I followed the instructions and have the p3p and remote  packed up and ready to go, just waiting for the label and it will be shipped out same day.
2016-3-8
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

@DJI-Ken is the shipping label going to be sent tomorrow? (Within the 24-48hr window?) I am leaving town Friday and would like to ship it out tomorrow, is there anything you can do to speed the shipping label process up? Everything is filled out/packed and ready to go, just waiting on the label.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-10 06:50
@DJI-Ken is the shipping label going to be sent tomorrow? (Within the 24-48hr window?) I am leaving  ...

It's being taken care of and you should get the label in your email shortly.
2016-3-9
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 18:01
It's being taken care of and you should get the label in your email shortly.

Ty Ken, you made my day.  Keep up the amazing work.

Update -  The shipping label came shortly after. Everything is packed/filled out ready to ship at 9-10am EST. I hope its a fast repair, I'm missing some good flying weather.
2016-3-9
Use props
yonexsp
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-JKen I received an RMA number for a warranty issue, and also am in Canada, but have asked for a shipping label, but have gotten 0 response from DJI in 4 days.

Can you have one sent to me as well please, you seem to be far more responsive than the DJI support email address

RMA: 0317201643526270407
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules