1676 3 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

Hello,

I've been researching the Osmo for a few months now and decided to order it last week on friday. It came in the mail yesterday and the first thing i did was charge the battery, then upgrade the firmware to the latest one via the manual sd card route. All seems well but i just CANNOT walk in a straight line in and out of the rooms of my house without the Pan motor drifting on its own. I cannot get it to point straight towards what ever i'm looking at while walking. How are others achieving this? I've done maybe 25 gimbal calibrations in 2 days now and that is certainly not the solution to this drift issue i'm seeing. All of the other axis' are acting fine except for the Pan. If i walk forward 10 steps and decide to turn left, the camera will not also follow. Do people that use this not turn while walking on a shot or what? I bought this in hopes of capturing some footage from mexico, which i will still be attempting to do, but am very disappointed with what to expect out of this when i'm out there on the beach trying to shoot. If anyone has solutoins other than to do a gimbal calibration or a re-install of the firmware, your help is much appreciated. Thank you!
2016-3-8
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

Welcome to our world of pain!  I and many others have been posting about this for weeks and had no response from DJI.  
However ,please join us in our requests for the courtesy of some answers from DJI. I think their lack of response is very rude, but we are getting used to that from DJI.

Rod and the cat
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello! Thanks for your post!
To get a better performance, you may need to do a little walking practice, please refer to this tutorial: Osmo Quick Tips - The Walk http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#video
Please go to the Gimbal Settings->SmoothTrack Settings in the DJI GO App, and decrease the value of Deadband and set relevant parameters to appropriate value.
A slight drift is normal for Osmo since Osmo is designed with smoothTrack feature, and that can be calibrated.
The Osmo may not response very well to fierce movement because of the mechanical and control range as below, please operate it properly as per the Spec. and the user manual.
Osmo Gimbal Spec..png
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-9 07:35
Welcome to our world of pain!  I and many others have been posting about this for weeks and had no r ...

Thanks for your comment!
We'll try our best to improve our service!
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules