Model at the beach...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

Just goofing off practicing doing some tracking and close proximity maneuvers with a model. Not a bad morning...

You don't really notice it in the small videos online. However, I'm kinda disapointed with the minimum focus distance. Full resolution you can see the subject starts looking soft less than 20' from the camera. I guess its not really intended for this type of stuff.

2016-3-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

"Full resolution you can see the subject starts looking soft less than 20' from the camera. I guess its not really intended for this type of stuff. "

You guessed right, it was optimised for infinity.  Worse than that, the lens isn't focused at the hyperfocal distance.  They've done it with the P4 apparently & made it a feature of the improved lens!
Nice video btw, particularly the slow motion.  Nice model also.
2016-3-8
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ooooh! Very nice indeed. I'm no expert on photography or lenses but I'm sure as a way of improvisation there's a lens of some sort (maybe from a pair of spectacles or magnifying glass) that you could put over the camera lens that would enable closer shots (only).
2016-3-8
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-3-9 06:58
Ooooh! Very nice indeed. I'm no expert on photography or lenses but I'm sure as a way of improvisa ...

I think its possible to get in and reposition the lens manually...but that would take a lot of trial and error to get right. I don't think there is much you can do as an add on...as I'm pretty sure the gimbal wouldn't like the camera front heavy. But thanks!
2016-3-8
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-9 06:50
"Full resolution you can see the subject starts looking soft less than 20' from the camera. I guess  ...

I guess I need to up it to an inspire with the X5 for focus control....but I wouldn't feel comfortable flying it close to a subject.

Do you know what the minimum focus is on P4?
2016-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Drew,
I have to say I was unsure what to find in the thread before I clicked the link...frankly thought it was another poorly worded thread title and was actually implying that someone had the new model Phantom or some other new model of a drone at the beach...
Thank you for stirring my curiosity and being literally correct!
And thank you for sharing this beauty with us...
2016-3-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Drew U. Posted at 2016-3-9 10:08
I think its possible to get in and reposition the lens manually...but that would take a lot of tri ...

You could change the focal point on the lens, but it would simply put the background completely out of focus. This lens is intended for aerial photography, and focus is set to infinity.
2016-3-8
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Drew U. Posted at 2016-3-8 23:10
I guess I need to up it to an inspire with the X5 for focus control....but I wouldn't feel comfort ...

I don't know for sure, but hyperfocal distance would be around 1 metre, so maybe everything from half a metre to infinity should be sharp, although they'll err on the side of infinity to be sure all aerial shots are in focus, so maybe a little further out.
2016-3-8
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, everything they all said. The subject was stupendous!
2016-3-8
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-8
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

The model looks a bit like Olivia Munn.
2016-3-8
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice subject, maybe the P4 camera will be better.  Object tracker should be very useful with these kind of shots.
2016-3-8
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Suggestion for next video subject:  Girls Jumping on Trampolines
2016-3-8
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

Finally something different instead of cities, mountains, wildlife  
2016-3-8
Use props
nelsonthomas120
New

United States

I liked the way the video she had pictured in the video. It will add more game to her personality if she would have accessorized her outfit with head gear, funky neck pieces, anklet and a nice pair of sunglasses the shouting would have been more wonderful. For more information you can get some addition hints from online sites.
2016-4-15
Use props
Still_JustBlaze
lvl.1

this is dope bro, awesome editing....gave me an idea to do with my ball and chain
2016-4-15
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Still_JustBlaze Posted at 2016-4-15 07:51
this is dope bro, awesome editing....gave me an idea to do with my ball and chain

Make sure you share it!!!
2016-4-15
Use props
Still_JustBlaze
lvl.1

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-15 19:53
Make sure you share it!!!

;) will do
2016-4-15
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

If the lens is focussed at infinity then depth of field starts at circa 15 feet.  Hyperfocal distance is actually about 16 feet so if it had been set at hyperfocal it would be sharp(ish) from 8 feet out to infinity.
2016-4-15
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

How about stopping down the aperture of the lens with a diaphragm in front of the lens. Might be interesting to try on sharpness of focus. I have just made one for my P3S.Waiting to try when it stops raining here in Birmingham UK
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules