Steel structures
1252 2 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

I was flying today showing off my Inspire to some coworkers. My plant manager saw us and approached me about possibly shooting some flybys and internal aerials within the confines of the new 3 story warehouse being built on property. Currently only the girders are up but as it and the other "guts" start being installed, would there be risk within outside of normal structure avoidance? I mean things like steel beam signal interference, etc.? Anyone here done a similar job and can give advice?
2015-1-8
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

AFAIK, they we're flying the inspire within the Las Vegas Convention Center, which has a heck of a lot of steel. I'd think it'd be okay.
2015-1-8
Use props
nicklight
lvl.2

United States

Could be just me or my imu but I flew  slow and steady between a parking structure and office building ( about a 15ft wide pathway) and maybe 8ft altitude.... Fine at first but then started to get crazy circle hovering that ended in a small crash. Thankfully it hit the bamboo lining the parking garage so I killed engines and it fell about 6 feet into gravel. Happy to report inspire is fine without a scratch just mourned the loss of 1 prop. So id say follow close and be ready to drop altitude to kick in optical positioning if anything weird happens!
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules