Ground station for Vision 2
2430 13 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stans
lvl.2

United States

Does Ground station and the Vision app work with the older Vision 2 Phantom?  (Waypoint feature with the "GO" command)

I'm doing some dry runs inside (without props) making myself familiar with the sticks and the modes (S1 & S2) I decided to practice with a cheap Syma b4 I go out with the Phantom but it seems that I get a notice to go to "GPS and ready to fly" when I hit the GO button on the Vision Waypoint course program...
Everything else is a go!!

Thanks for the help..

Rick
2015-1-8
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

I believe it should work with both the Phantom 2 Vision and the Vision+, just not with the regular Phantom 2. I believe your trouble is you're trying to use Ground Station without having a GPS lock. Or, you have a GPS lock but your S1 switch is not all the way up in GPS mode. You may want to further familiarize yourself with exactly how Ground Station works and how to regain control (flip the S1 switch down and back up) if something goes wrong before actually using it.
2015-1-9
Use props
stans
lvl.2

United States

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-1-10 00:28
I believe it should work with both the Phantom 2 Vision and the Vision+, just not with the regular P ...

I appreciate your help.  I do have GPS lock and I made sure my S1 was up in GPS mode....upon further research DJI  says I need ver. for App of 1.041, Cam ver. 1.1.9 and NazaM ver. 3.04....now since I already updated to ver. 3.08 and the App is ver.1.0.43 and my cam is ver. 1.1.7...I'm trying to find out where I can get the firmware to match.

Rick
2015-1-9
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

stans@mindsprin Posted at 2015-1-10 02:13
I appreciate your help.  I do have GPS lock and I made sure my S1 was up in GPS mode....upon furth ...

I'm sorry, your initial post led me to believe you were trying to test out a Ground Station mission indoors (no GPS) without the props. So, which Phantom do you have, the Vision or the Vision+? And as far as the versions are concerned, are you referring to,
My S1 switch is already in GPS mode but the Vision app keeps telling me I need to be in GPS. Why?

This is caused by a mismatch in firmware. Please make sure your firmware is as follows: App version 1.0.41, camera 1.1.9 and Naza-M 3.04
from the FAQ?

I know for a fact that the Vision+ works just fine with all the latest firmware and the latest app. I don't have a Vision though, so maybe that doesn't? Or perhaps the info on DJI's site is just old.

2015-1-9
Use props
stans
lvl.2

United States

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-1-10 02:31
I'm sorry, your initial post led me to believe you were trying to test out a Ground Station missio ...

Again, thanks of much for your help here.  I am new to this hobby and I'm not going to send up my Phantom 2 Vision until I know the firmware is working...(on the ground with no props attached)....

When I got the bird last week I downloaded the PC & RC assistants to my Apple laptop....
I connected the Phantom to the laptop and opened the PC assistant and upgraded to ver, 3.08...ALSO installed the Vision APP from the Apple store ver. 1.0.43....

then I started systems checks....all LED's work in coordination with the stick commands....I get Home Lock and GPS lock....camera works fine....all seems OK and ready for my initial flight but I played around with the Vision App and figured I could make a simple flight plan with waypoints and hit "GO" just to see if the motors start up...

its here in the vision app in ground station when I hit "GO" that it says that I need to be in GPS mode (ready to fly)....my upper left screen in the Vision App is showing Mode N/A and it should show GPS....

When I went to the DJI site under the Phantom 2 vision....section FAQ at the bottom says my firmware is mismatched.....

This firmware stuff is what creates all the system problems...I'm convinced....

So in order to make waypoints work....I have to go backwards in firmware or the DJI site is not up to date....hope its the latter....however, I can't get the camera upgrade to 1.1.9 for some reason....

may have to go visit a local dealer.....

Again, thanks for listening and helping out...much appreciated...

BTW  I purchased a cheapo Syma to practice on....and I think this was a good thing to do to learn to fly.....I feel confident that I have studied enough to fly in either Phantom or Naza,,,just don't have the confidence to lift off the Phantom with the firmware not communicating correctly...

Rick
2015-1-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I would make sure you have ALL the latest drivers installed on your Vision.
The FAQ you refer to are out of date, and list the old firmware that was the latest at the time written.
So do not try and downgrade any firmware, but make sure that you do have all the latest installed correctly.
2015-1-9
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

stans@mindsprin Posted at 2015-1-10 03:28
Again, thanks of much for your help here.  I am new to this hobby and I'm not going to send up my  ...

OK, you've pretty much explained everything in much detail except, I'm still not clear on which Phantom 2 you have. Is it the Vision, or the Vision+? I have a Vision+ which is running the 3.08 firmware and works just fine with the latest vision app. Either way, I'm thinking the problem may be your camera firmware. If you go into the PC Assistant software under the upgrade section, is it showing an upgrade for the camera is available? If so, what happens when you try to upgrade it?
2015-1-9
Use props
stans
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-1-10 03:35
I would make sure you have ALL the latest drivers installed on your Vision.
The FAQ you refer to are ...

I agree...DJI site is not updated.....all my firmware is updated except I have 1.1.7 app for camera and there is a new update for Windows to 1.1.9....however no Apple version.
2015-1-9
Use props
stans
lvl.2

United States

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-1-10 03:56
OK, you've pretty much explained everything in much detail except, I'm still not clear on which Ph ...

I have a Phantom Vision 2 (not plus version)....all firmware is updated but camera  ver. has an update to 1.1.9...this could be my problem....
However DJI site has upgrade for Windows but not Apple platform....

Again, thanks.
Rick
2015-1-9
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

stans@mindsprin Posted at 2015-1-10 04:19
I have a Phantom Vision 2 (not plus version)....all firmware is updated but camera  ver. has an up ...

I don't have an Apple so I'm unfamiliar with the Assistant software on that platform. But, on the windows Assistant the upgrades for everything are downloaded and applied from within the upgrade section of the application. If you click on the upgrade button in the Assistant it should show that there is an upgrade available for the camera and there should be an upgrade link next to it you can click on.

2015-1-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The camera firmware is a zip file that you must use with the SD card to update the firmware.
You cant use the assistant programs for camera updates.
2015-1-9
Use props
stans
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-1-10 04:34
The camera firmware is a zip file that you must use with the SD card to update the firmware.
You can ...

Hi,
I agree the PC assistant does not show camera updates on my 3.08 version when I open the info page.  
I guess I have to download to mini SD card on a Windows platform to get the download and then update the Phantom camera by inserting the micro sd into the camera of the phantom with the download as part of the root directory on the SD card???
2015-1-9
Use props
stans
lvl.2

United States

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-1-10 04:32
I don't have an Apple so I'm unfamiliar with the Assistant software on that platform. But, on the  ...

I think I have to download to a micro sd card on a windows platform....the 1.1.9 ver for the camera is not available on a MAC download from the DJI website.
2015-1-9
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

stans@mindsprin Posted at 2015-1-10 05:09
I think I have to download to a micro sd card on a windows platform....the 1.1.9 ver for the camer ...

Oh weird. Sorry, I don't have a Vision so I wasn't aware of that. It does however appear to be just be a zip file with a firmware.bin file and instructions inside. That shoudn't be for Windows only should it?
2015-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules