1136 19 2016-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

- Better image quality : even if it is still far from what I want, the lens has been redisgned (as the software) and it couldn't be worse than the P3.
- Active track : till now, I circle around moving subject manually which leads sometimes to a lack of smoothness (even with reduced gain and exp). Will be easier in a few days.
- Better flight time : Sometimes you need few minutes more. I'll be able to achieve some missions without landing to use 4 minutes on the second battery or ending such flights in a hurry.
- Redundancy : nice feature for security

For my style of flying (often backwards, translating left or right or turning while in course lock) obstacle avoidance is not a key point, nor is the better range.
2016-3-9
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

For me the best thing I like about P4 is

1. Better Camera
2. Longer Flight time
3. Faster Max speed
2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

"Better image quality : even if it is still far from what I want, the lens has been redisgned (as the software) and it couldn't be worse than the P3."

I think you may be disappointed.  I hope you're not, but I don't see any problem with the lens on my P3P.
2016-3-9
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

You were offered that $25.00 off your next DJI battery purchase to post a plug for the P4 as well??

All kidding aside....
The P3P is an outstanding deal at this point and 95% what the P4 offers.   I have a feeling the P3 will remain DJI's cash cow and best seller for a while to come.
2016-3-9
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

I was not offered anything (or course). This is just a reply to several thread "reasons I'll not buy the P4"
2016-3-9
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-9 19:39
"Better image quality : even if it is still far from what I want, the lens has been redisgned (as th ...

May be... And may be my P3 is a bad number
2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2016-3-9 19:31
May be... And may be my P3 is a bad number

That's what I'm thinking.  I hope you get a good one this time.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-3-10 03:13
You were offered that $25.00 off your next DJI battery purchase to post a plug for the P4 as well??

I foresee the P4 as the best seller. We'll see in time.
2016-3-9
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 16:34

its gonna be hard to be when the P3s are dropping in price and people are still purchasing them.  1399.00 is a good price but will it go up?  And will the P3P stay at 999.00?  If so the P4 doesnt have that much extra to make alot of veteran users pull the trigger.  P4 with 1 battery? or P3P with 3 batteries?  Not saying the P4 is bad but quanity will win out in this fight
2016-3-9
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-9 13:39
"Better image quality : even if it is still far from what I want, the lens has been redisgned (as th ...

Why do you think he might be disappointed, do you have any first hand knowledge ?
If the P4  camera is indeed better, maybe you will be disappointed with your P3P camera
2016-3-9
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

P3P is now going for $799 brand new off fleabay
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-10 06:09
its gonna be hard to be when the P3s are dropping in price and people are still purchasing them.   ...

We shall see, it's not like going from a P2 to a P3. The P4 is a totally redesigned aircraft. As far as the outside features, smoother shell and no camera gimbal hanging down in the wind will give better footage and less drag as well. Plues the dual arms on the camera and the material of the camera/gimbal and shell of the aircraft means the P4 is so much more durable than the P3.
Then there's the whole technology inside the shell that is absolutely is amazing. IMU's on their own anti vibration board, and Dual IMU's and compass's makes flying even more precise.
Comparing the P2 to the P3 is like comparing apples to better apples. The comparison from P3 to P4 is 100%  like comparing apples to oranges.But I agree, my P3 Pro is an amazing aircraft, but the P4, just wait until you get a chance to fly one and you may have a change of heart.
2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 16:34

Still waiting on your old bird there Ken.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-10 06:29
Still waiting on your old bird there Ken.

The P3 Pro is an incredible aircraft, you may be waiting a while
2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kjmarsola@gmail Posted at 2016-3-9 22:18
Why do you think he might be disappointed, do you have any first hand knowledge ?
If the P4  camer ...

Because the sensor is the same, or at least, the same dimensions.  The lens isn't a limiting factor as long as it's a good copy.  My experience tells me the differences from this redesigned lens will be barely noticeable.  They state chromatic aberration & distortion improvements, but neither are excessive & both are easily corrected in software.  For an ultra wide angle lens, the one on the P3 is already very good.  There's only so much that can be done to improve it without increasing the cost tenfold.

Why would I be disappointed in my P3 camera if I'm not already?  That makes no sense at all.

You talk like I'm knocking the P4, but I'm not.  I'm just stating what I expect due to the laws of physics & economics (sensor size & manufacturing costs).
2016-3-9
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 17:21
We shall see, it's not like going from a P2 to a P3. The P4 is a totally redesigned aircraft. As fa ...

I agree with you, but im just not sure theres gonna be that many swap over.  It isnt like the iPhone where you can finance the cost with your carrier,  I am not sure if the cost will out weight the features.  Now if DJI decides to stop manufacturing the P3 then I can see the possibility.  But if they release a new version every year its gonna be tight to catch the P3 especially with the 3 different vrsion added together, do you have a figure on how many P3s have been sold?
2016-3-9
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 17:21
We shall see, it's not like going from a P2 to a P3. The P4 is a totally redesigned aircraft. As fa ...

I am not considering one, but I will take all the used P3A/P you got.  Im going to move to the Inspire type next.  
2016-3-9
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-9 23:11
I am not considering one, but I will take all the used P3A/P you got.  Im going to move to the Ins ...

That's what I'm planning at the moment unless something better arrives in the meantime, purely for the camera. If I bought a P4 I'd have to wait longer & the P4 doesn't offer much for me besides potentially being more reliable, which is no bad thing.
2016-3-9
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-9 18:19
That's what I'm planning at the moment unless something better arrives in the meantime, purely for ...

agreed, and imagine the next upgrade to Inspire
2016-3-9
Use props
gswilder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18409 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a P4 on order, but love my P3P. Probably should not be upgrading, but I am a bit of a gadget junkie.

Camera wise, I think the P3P camera is pretty amazing. Out of the box, it's a little over sharpened and a tad bit saturated for me. But easily adjustable in the DJI go app.

Just amazing the state of aerial technology, and how fast it has progressed.
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules