Drone fell from sky -
886 2 2016-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smiller303
lvl.1

United States

Went flying yesterday and almost lost my Phantom 3 Advanced forever -

[size=14.6667px] Did all my preflight checks, calibrated compass and flew for a few minutes over land to make sure everything was working well.  I brought it over the middle of the waterfalls I was planning on filming and flew around taking some video. At this point Im around 350' above the water below the falls - I started bringing it toward me then everything went black. All of a sudden I was loosing control - I was able to get if flying toward me in manual control then she just dropped. I thought for sure she was gone and ran over to the stone wall. I looked over and saw her resting on her side on around a 1' ledge of grass.

[size=14.6667px]I cleaned her off and did a test flight over grass and everything seems fine

[size=14.6667px]I have no idea what happened but cant believe I have her home. Any incite or help would be greatly appreciated -

[size=14.6667px]FYI - Up till today I have never had any issues. Last week I did a cold IMU calibration and have flown since without issue. All lights were good, signal was good, compass was good - absolutely no signs of issues. I had the TabS2 on wifi and mobile data but there wasnt much cell coverage. I was connected to 16 satellites but in Healthydrones it showed my GPS signal as fair.

[size=14.6667px]Its one thing to have it fall and be able to send it back for repair but I was about an inch away from never seeing it again
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Here is a link to the folder with yesterday's flight records -

[size=14.6667px]Dropbox - Flight Records

[size=14.6667px]I believe the flight that crashed is FLY098.dat

[size=14.6667px]Again, I really appreciate all your help
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Call the support center and start a ticket and include the DAT file link and see if they can analyze the flight record to see exactly what happened.
And I don't believe your TabS is a supported device because of it's inability to process everything.
And when you said everything went black, you only lost video because you said you were able to get if flying towards you. But then you said it dropped. Could you have possibly executed a CSC?
Again, having the DAT files will tell exactly what happened.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Call the support center and start a ticket and include the DAT file link and see if they can analyze the flight record to see exactly what happened.
And I don't believe your TabS is a supported device because of it's inability to process everything.
And when you said everything went black, you only lost video because you said you were able to get if flying towards you. But then you said it dropped. Could you have possibly executed a CSC?
Again, having the DAT files will tell exactly what happened.
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules