Newly "repaired" drone, same problem
12Next >
2163 44 2016-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

I had my P3P maybe a couple of weeks, and was getting the red bar/No Signal error, camera off-line, gimbals disconnected on start-up problem.  Multiple power cycles and it would usually finally work.  Eventually I got a Camera Error (01).  Sent in for repair under an RMA, and had it back within a week.  Yay!  Great customer service, right?

I've flown it perhaps a half dozen times since then (last week), and guess what?

SAME F**KING PROBLEM.  No Signal/red bar/gimbal disconnected/no camera image.  You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

I've about had it with this POS "toy" that cost a grand...this sort of BS is unacceptable.

So now I have to open another ticket with DJI, eventually call their customer service and get another RMA and send it in again (no doubt at my expense, of course).

2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

I am really sorry for that, please provide your ticket number please, I will help you check the cases. By the same time, would you please provide a screenshot of the  camera view? Have you tried to use different mobile devices and different USB cables?
2016-3-9
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, yeah...I'll go out and troubleshoot your problem for you again.  I do have a screenshot of the status pop-up showing Gimbal Disconnected.  You want one of a blank screen and a red "No Signal" too?

You're just going through the same motions you guys did LAST time. I tried different cables, ensured all apps were closed, etc.  It *has* telemetry to the iPhone, but no video signal...this alone tells me, uh, it ain't the cable, but whatever.  Yes, I formatted the SD card.  Yes, I formatted it in the P3P.

I guess I can just copy and paste the entire problem report from the first time for you guys.  Hey, at least I haven't seen the "Camera Errror (01)" message...yet.  I expect that will come up pretty soon, though.

Original ticket number was 258798.  New one is 268148.
2016-3-9
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have sent mine in 4 times for the same problem so Good luck... some advice demand to know what repair was made because they will not tell you unless you ask.

Butch
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

stephen.h.watso Posted at 2016-3-10 10:50
Yeah, yeah...I'll go out and troubleshoot your problem for you again.  I do have a screenshot of the ...

Please provide all the screenshots you have. I will forward your ticket number to the officers.
2016-3-9
Use props
retired dog
lvl.2

United States

I just wonder how many people who buy the Phantoms DON"T have problems with them aside from crashes of course?
2016-3-10
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-3-10 04:24
I have sent mine in 4 times for the same problem so Good luck... some advice demand to know what rep ...

Kinda becomes uneconomical after a few repairs with the postage costs doesn't it?
2016-3-10
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-10 09:50
Kinda becomes uneconomical after a few repairs with the postage costs doesn't it?

You would think... the fourth is on its way back to me again... I have asked all four times for what repairs were made...I have received nothing but a message saying it shipped.

Then a half hour wait on the repair line only to find out they don't know what repairs were made... pitiful.

Butch
2016-3-10
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Demand a new replacement, many on phantom pilots got new units after they screwed up the repair.  
2016-3-10
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-10 10:18
Demand a new replacement, many on phantom pilots got new units after they screwed up the repair.

Check THIS out and see how many got a new aircraft replacing a defective device.... They want you to pay full price... then under guarantee, if your device is defective, they want you to accept a refurbished aircraft... one you have no idea how much wear it has accumulated. So in effect you pay full price for a used aircraft.

Butch
2016-3-10
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-3-10 16:46
Check THIS out and see how many got a new aircraft replacing a defective device.... They want you t ...

That makes some pretty depressing reading, particularly the part about having to pay postage, which is not cheap & should come under the warranty.  I paid ~£1000 for mine & it has a defect.  Why should I now pay £72 postage for them to have a look at it, with the possibility they can't find the problem & charge me again for return postage?
It's been the same since new so is clearly a warranty issue (randomly loses altitude).  I've decided rather than throw good money after bad, I'd live with it, which to be fair, isn't the end of the world.  But the point is, I shouldn't be out of pocket to have a faulty product repaired.  It really make you re-consider spending ~£3,500 plus accessories on an Inspire which might have similar or worse issues.  Added to that, the £1500 investment for Permission for Aerial Work from the CAA could be a very expensive mistake if you find you can't get off the ground for weeks.
2016-3-10
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-10 11:20
That makes some pretty depressing reading, particularly the part about having to pay postage, which ...

I would live with my problem too except when it occurs the drone goes out of control and could become a danger... I want to fly and photograph but not with the chance of hurting someone... let alone the financial responsibility that could come with a crash from a factory faulty device. Especialy if we know it is faulty. We should not have to settle.

Butch
2016-3-10
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-10 00:20
Please provide all the screenshots you have. I will forward your ticket number to the officers.

Here's the one I got yesterday.
2016-3-10
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

I'm beginning to think they just randomly pick things for you to "try" to "fix" the problem, in the hopes that it eventually magically goes away or you give up.  E.g., I don't know how a different iPhone cable could cause a gimbal to go offline (and the cable is fine for all other applications, AND the iPhone and app are working and properly displaying telemetry data).  Not sure how relinking the RC is related the problem, since it linked up just fine when I got it back (yes, had to relink it then, too) and again...the app is displaying the data correctly...AND it works after powercycling the DRONE several times while doing nothing to the RC.

Fact is...there's a bug somewhere in their system, or their hardware is too fragile (connectors, boards, whatever) and tends to break (btw, I've had NO crashes or even hard landings!).  
2016-3-10
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

retired dog Posted at 2016-3-10 08:48
I just wonder how many people who buy the Phantoms DON"T have problems with them aside from crashes  ...

havent had an issue with neither the P3S or P3A yet
2016-3-10
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Received instructions to relink the RC to the drone, did that, and as expected, problem persists.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

stephen.h.watso Posted at 2016-3-11 10:46
Received instructions to relink the RC to the drone, did that, and as expected, problem persists.

Im sorry you are having the same issue, Have you checked the ribbon cables going into the gimbal and made sure they are fully seated in.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-11 01:20
That makes some pretty depressing reading, particularly the part about having to pay postage, which ...

In the US, shipping is always paid for by DJI.
And in the UK, you pay to ship it to them and they pay to ship it pack to you if it's a warranty repair.
If the problem persists, then DJI pays to have it shipped back for repair and and pays the shipping to return it to you.
2016-3-10
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

You're right...DJI pays for shipping.  My apologies.

However, additional problems now...instructions to look for the log file were sent, and there IS NO log file (after setting to display hidden files on the SD card).  As a side note, the adapter I was using (which always worked before) stopped working, with Windows telling me the card was unusable.  Switched to a different adapter, and it worked.  Weird.

But...following the instructions to connect via USB to the camera...failed.  USB device not recognized.  Connecting to the port on the body of the drone itself and putting the DJI Go App on the iPhone into Flight Data Mode...failed.  Device driver failed to install was the message.

And yes, all ribbon cables appear to be fully seated (this is a question on a newly repaired unit?  Seriously?).

So...no log files for DJI, but I did get screen shots of the No Signal, black video image w/ DJI logo, and status indicating Gimbal Disconnected.

Let's see...No camera signal, disconnected gimbals most of the time on startup, USB port on camera not working, USB port on body not working = unhappy customer.

So far, I think I've spent more time "diagnosing" the bird than flying it.

2016-3-10
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

If the DJI logo appeared, this is a hardware problem, you need to contact support for repair. I am sorry, please contact DJI technical support ASAP.
2016-3-15
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

retired dog Posted at 2016-3-10 09:48
I just wonder how many people who buy the Phantoms DON"T have problems with them aside from crashes  ...

I had a problem with a brand new P3P. I was lucky, I dealt with the supplier I bought it from and not DJI. They replaced it with a new P3P no questions asked.
2016-3-15
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-3-10 12:46
Check THIS out and see how many got a new aircraft replacing a defective device.... They want you t ...

As I read through the complaints filed I see a lot of unhappy owners complaining that DJI won;t replace their "flyaway" or crashed unit free of charge. I can understand DJI's stance on this.
2016-3-15
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 04:35
If the DJI logo appeared, this is a hardware problem, you need to contact support for repair. I am  ...

You're a bit late to the party.  I got an RMA number on Friday, now I'm waiting for the shipping label (another customer service issue you guys have...why does it take 2 days to email a shipping label???).

Hardware problem, eh?  Brand new product, then "repaired" within weeks of purchase.

You guys have some serious QA problems there, you know that?

2016-3-15
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

stephen.h.watso Posted at 2016-3-15 14:50
You're a bit late to the party.  I got an RMA number on Friday, now I'm waiting for the shipping l ...

"why does it take 2 days to email a shipping label???"

Maybe the speed of light is restricted in China

"You guys have some serious QA problems there, you know that?"
Not just QA, but their attitude towards paying customers.  At this point, they shouldn't be asking questions at all.  They should be sending a courier to collect the drone at your convenience & replacing it with a tested brand new one!
2016-3-15
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

BOUGHT MINE FROM A DEALER,FLOWN ONCE HAS CRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE UPER BODY,DJI SAYS THERES NO WARNTY ON IT AND THE DEALER SAID THAY SOLD ME A DEMO AND THATS WHY I GOT A GOOD PRICE.BUT SAID IT HAD ONLY BEEN FLOWN TWICE.I NEVER KNEW IT WAS A DEMO AND I ASKED BEFOR I BOUGHT IF IT HAD A WARNTY AND WAS TOLD SURE IT DID.I HAVE OVER 40 DRONE FROM CHEEP TO HIGH DOLLOR AND THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERENCE IV EVER HAD.1100.00 JUST THROW AWAY.NEVER AHGAIN WILL I BUY A DJI PRODUCT. SUCH A RIP OFF AND I TELL EVERY I KNOW.AS THE PRES OF ARE LOCAL CLUB I MAKE SURE TO TELL EVERY ONE I CAN ABOUT MY EXPEANCE.
2016-3-15
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 05:35
If the DJI logo appeared, this is a hardware problem, you need to contact support for repair. I am  ...

Give him a NEW aircraft ASAP, mine is in for repair now, if I had to go through what the op did then Id go balistic on DJI.

This is ceazy and uncalled for. Do you not test the phantoms before shipping them back to us?  Give him a new aircraft, it' the right thing to do when there is such incompetence .  You obviously cant fix his aircraft in a timley manner.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

stephen.h.watso Posted at 2016-3-15 22:50
You're a bit late to the party.  I got an RMA number on Friday, now I'm waiting for the shipping l ...

Sorry for the late reply, you need to reply me directly so I can get a reminder. What is your ticket number? I will help you check it and let the officers contact you ASAP.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-16 00:04
BOUGHT MINE FROM A DEALER,FLOWN ONCE HAS CRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE UPER BODY,DJI SAYS THERES NO WA ...

Hi, do you have a ticket number? I will help you check it.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-16 00:28
Give him a NEW aircraft ASAP, mine is in for repair now, if I had to go through what the op did the ...

I will help him follow the case and make sure the service quality. Thanks.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-16 00:04
BOUGHT MINE FROM A DEALER,FLOWN ONCE HAS CRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE UPER BODY,DJI SAYS THERES NO WA ...

What kind of crack of your aircraft? Did you crashed it before or the shell just cracked itself?
2016-3-15
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 18:52
Sorry for the late reply, you need to reply me directly so I can get a reminder. What is your tick ...

Here you go:

RMA #0311201659901268148
2016-3-15
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 21:10
What kind of crack of your aircraft? Did you crashed it before or the shell just cracked itself?

flown once never crashed or landed hard, as I said not my first drone or my only one. today as I was doing the updates, when I turned it on the side to plug in usb I noticed a hair line crack. Upon further inspection I found the crack was on both sides almost in the same place.as I said there hair line cracks you really have to look to see them. but not happy. last dji product ill be purchasing.
2016-3-15
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 20:54
Hi, do you have a ticket number? I will help you check it.

I called dji and was told there was no warranty and to contact the dealer, they claimed it was a dji problem and I needed to contact them. I was not trying to be a butt but after the way this has worked out I'm just not a happy camper. I had no complaints before this. only one flight but was great all updates have been great and easy to install. Never had any problems with my Samsung galaxy tap s2 disconnecting. was happy if not worried after seeing all the hoarer story's on here, until today. I have 2 visions and never a problem.
2016-3-15
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

stephen.h.watso Posted at 2016-3-9 19:50
Yeah, yeah...I'll go out and troubleshoot your problem for you again.  I do have a screenshot of the ...

Finally a man with a right to be pissed. I'm sure all the other DJI fan-old men here are pissed at you.
2016-3-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-16 14:34
flown once never crashed or landed hard, as I said not my first drone or my only one. today as I w ...

What? You bought a 'cheap' drone, then find out the crooked dealer sold you a used drone. Now you want DJI to replace it under warranty? Go Google 'warranty' and read up on what it covers.
2016-3-15
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-15 22:48
What? You bought a 'cheap' drone, then find out the crooked dealer sold you a used drone. Now you  ...

lol not my most expensive ill give you that but 1100.00 not cheep in my book, you must be related to the Donald
2016-3-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-17 13:27
lol not my most expensive ill give you that but 1100.00 not cheep in my book, you must be related  ...

No, not in the least, and please make sure the Donald stays over there, the rest of us don't want him.
2016-3-16
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-16 21:43
No, not in the least, and please make sure the Donald stays over there, the rest of us don't want  ...

sir after your first comment the 2nd for some reason doesn't  surprise me, and I'm not here to politic but to discuss dji and there poor customer service and inferior product.
2016-3-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-17 16:53
sir after your first comment the 2nd for some reason doesn't  surprise me, and I'm not here to pol ...

Ah well, there we will have to disagree. DJI may have a reputation for poor service, but you are showing complete ignorance by calling it an inferior product. There is no drone on the market that comes even close to the P4.
2016-3-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules