8000' Limit, pushing through the clouds
1704 13 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Eh, upon seeing this TBS Discovery flight, it made me rather dizzy... ;-)

That is sure a long ways from home... Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-3-10
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Another childish and selfish drone flyer doing something pointless but dangerous.
2016-3-10
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

WoW...Any modifications done to this machine ?
2016-3-10
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

Anderjon Posted at 2016-3-10 10:06
Another childish and selfish drone flyer doing something pointless but dangerous.

Give me a break.
2016-3-10
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

The 400foot AGL altitude regulation is there for a reason.  We share airspace with private, corporate, commercial and military aircraft.   Whether we want to acknowledge it or not,  we are flying real aircraft, sharing real airspace, with real potential for catastrophe.     Think what would happen when a 2+ pound quad is hit by a commercial aircraft doing 250 knots (or more) - especially if the hit is on the cockpit section of the aircraft.

If you want to fly higher than 400foot AGL, there are legal ways to do it.  Go somewhere where there is no other air traffic at all (not sure where this would be).  Another method is to do what the model rocket guys do - get a waiver for a high altitude "test" flight.  These rocket guys fly mach speed rockets to many 10's of thousands of feet.

Sid
2016-3-10
Use props
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259009 ft
Canada

Anderjon Posted at 2016-3-10 08:06

Maybe he had permission for that height. Maybe it's going to be part of some documentary. You shouldn't assume.   And if he didn't have permission?  I stand behind your comment wholeheartedly.
2016-3-10
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

I assume if it was a documentary there would be a camera on the ground filming the drone from the ground as well as the pilot.  
2016-3-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Here's one where one mile up, was his target...
Published on Sep 9, 2013

After numerous test flights and preparation, I was able to get a TBS Discovery over six thousand feet in altitude.
Getting up is easy, its getting back down that's the hard part. ;)

I don't condone nor condemn this pilot for his high flying bravado, as there is just not enough information to judge...

RedHotPoker
2016-3-10
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

it's a big world out there.. Believe it or not there are other places out there besides the USA who may have very different laws.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

diy drone with no restrictions and limits.... and no gimbal...
2016-3-11
Use props
mediossehd
lvl.4

Turkey

End of the video one of them selfie drone. This is just project but hope Dji will real it soon.   

thanks
2017-6-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Those selfie drones, are cool.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-4
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Philippines

Anderjon Posted at 2016-3-10 07:06

Except there are many times it's neither pointless nor dangerous.

I wouldn't know myself as I often fly at 10000 feet plus altitude. Today I flew at my lowest ever altitude, just above sea level.

2017-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazing flight.   
2021-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now