Phantom 4 Experience
123Next >
10945 83 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrisgamby
lvl.1

United States

Anyway to know when DJI is going to be shipping?
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-12 07:19
THIS WAS AWESOME!

Thanks TIm.  Next best thing to having the app.

hahahaq LOL! I'm glad you love that nail
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chrisgamby@me.c Posted at 2016-3-12 07:21

Shipping will start after 15th os March
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chrisgamby@me.c Posted at 2016-3-12 07:21

Shipping will start after 15th of March
2016-3-11
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool Tim! Thanks
2016-3-11
Use props
Seaduner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7619229 ft
  • >>>

Regarding the 120fps mode in 1080, did you get a chance to use it?  I understand the FOV is decreased, so I would assume that means it will appear zoomed in a little, versus the std 94 degree FOV.  Is that what you saw?
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Seaduner Posted at 2016-3-12 15:09
Regarding the 120fps mode in 1080, did you get a chance to use it?  I understand the FOV is decrease ...

correct! in 120 fps  it is zoomed in, almost like any other camera
2016-3-12
Use props
gorbra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160472 ft
Sweden

Ordered P4 from Apple yesterday. Looking forward to next Friday's first testing
2016-3-12
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

dobova Posted at 2016-3-12 00:59
Interesting .. but the FOV how is reconfigured ? Optically or digitally ?

My bet would be digitally but I'd love to be proven wrong here
2016-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WillBapta Posted at 2016-3-13 05:42
My bet would be digitally but I'd love to be proven wrong here

Correct, it will do done by sensor cropping, since there is no way to change the lens FOV, it is still fixed.
2016-3-12
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

ghtracey Posted at 2016-3-12 05:15
Seriously? Weak points? This is the first drone to have ANY type of collision avoidance and you ar ...

Not the first drone to have avoidance but certainly the cheapest I'm aware of.
2016-3-12
Use props
ghtracey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7224 ft
Canada

Mike_fnq Posted at 2016-3-12 17:57
Not the first drone to have avoidance but certainly the cheapest I'm aware of.

Well I was referring to commercially available consumer class devices. Was I wrong? Which drone has it?
2016-3-12
Use props
mwindeler
New

United States

Quick question about the Active Track.  I'm interested in using this to track a player on a team sport like Lacrosse.  I've heard the tracking gets confused if the subject gets into a crowd.  In Lacrosse, the player can often find themselves in a bit of a scrum.  My question is how does active track work?  In Lacrosse, a player might have the same uniform, but will often have a very unique color helmet.  When it locks on a subject, would the color of the helmet be enough to help the drone distinguish one player from another?  Or is it more building a shape based track?  etc?  Just curious how useful this could be in a team sport environment.
2016-3-12
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

ghtracey Posted at 2016-3-13 11:02
Well I was referring to commercially available consumer class devices. Was I wrong? Which drone ha ...

Yeah mate DJI Matrice has had it for a while, no biggy, there may be others, but that was the first that jumped to my mind.
2016-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mwindeler Posted at 2016-3-13 13:43
Quick question about the Active Track.  I'm interested in using this to track a player on a team spo ...

Optical recognition can be extremely accurate, but it depends on processing power and processing speed. It can be set up to recognise and match a large number of features in the image, but unless it has the power to process them all quickly enough, the usual tradeoff becomes the number of features.

You are quite correct in your hypothesis about it being difficult to track a player in a team, but the simple answer is, until someone tries it, it will be difficult to predict the outcome. Sounds like a good project for you to pursue.
2016-3-12
Use props
Kirtus
lvl.2

I just ordered my Phantom 4 from Apple and am eagerly awaiting the 21st - 23rd delivery date. I was hoping someone on here might know if the controller will hold the iPad pro?
2016-3-13
Use props
Kirtus
lvl.2

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-14 08:01
No way. Not without an extender.

Thank you for the quick responce.
Do they sell extenders? I don't see any on the web page.

2016-3-13
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Hi Tim,

I was just wondering if you noticed any range differences with the P4?  I know they have same spec on distance but I have read in a few spots the P4 controller has a little more DB so if true... just wondered if it really showed or if not noticeable.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

4StateFlyer Posted at 2016-3-14 08:19
Hi Tim,

I was just wondering if you noticed any range differences with the P4?  I know they have sa ...

nope... i live and work in a place where I cant fly far away, and even i can i wouldn't like to. I flew here about 220 high and 350 m away with full RC and HD signal(Picture is not mine)
2016-3-13
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

I brought my P4 into Drones Plus to show my friend and this prop on top of prop is literally the first thing he did.

I find it odd that it looks so much bigger head on but it feels so much stronger. I guess that's what's supposed to happen right?

I have the APK for I guess the Beta on the Android platform.  Other than my own risks, I am not doing anything "wrong" by flying it, am I?  Because I REALLY REALLY want to.

It was one thing to have it and not be able to fly it but to be able to and not is another beast altogether.

It feels so much better in your hands that glossy whatever it is.  It almost feels like some chemical polymer or something.  It's such a nice feel in your hands.  It FEELS more aerodynamic and holy crap the vents in the battery.  That was the second thing he looked at.

I didn't care, I was buying one no matter what but I think it would have been worth the upgrade already without ever having flown it and I heard from those that have flown it that it's simply amazing.
2016-3-13
Use props
resaimonalker
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-13
Use props
luisglv
New

United States

Maybe is a stupid question but is the app free for the dji pilot app or we have to buy it? I really want one but i cant decide
2016-3-13
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft

resaimonalker Posted at 2016-3-14 13:15
Max Muscle Xtreme Review a carb try to eat By the use of illustration apple juice or orange juice M ...

"my cnc is burnt out and i cannot make any muscle mass mass....."   what the???

DJI - please search and destroy all these stupid ads that are starting to infect the forum....

Thanks
2016-3-13
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-14 15:33

DJI - please sear ...

Maybe since the P4 is stronger, he thought the pilots should be stronger too.
2016-3-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

resaimonalker Posted at 2016-3-14 01:15
Max Muscle Xtreme Review a carb try to eat By the use of illustration apple juice or orange juice M ...

DII, please ban this spammer resaimonalker

Thank you
2016-3-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

luisglv@hotmail Posted at 2016-3-14 03:12
Maybe is a stupid question but is the app free for the dji pilot app or we have to buy it? I really  ...

It is free for both iOS and Android platforms.
2016-3-14
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

It seems that the Phantom 4 is similar in size to the Phantom 3 probablamente so you can use the same bag.
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-14 15:33

DJI - please sear ...

Oh that's kind of  irritating ...  Banned!
2016-3-14
Use props
Nuurs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-11 03:39
That's awesome! But where do I get my DJI Go APP that will support the one I have.  This sucks to be ...

The app is ready for the Phantom 4 in case you didn't notice it, just go to the Phantom image and click the cascade menu on top and select Phantom 4 to connect your device, done!
2016-3-14
Use props
Nuurs
lvl.1

Hi Tim,
The gimbal is detachable? I'm a bit concerned about that.
The design of the landing gear looks a bit more robust, but in case of a crash do I will be able to take out the gimbal for a replacement the same way I can with my Phantom 3? or has to be sent to DJI for that?
Thank you, good review on the P4  
2016-3-14
Use props
Dutch kepple
lvl.1

where is phantom 4 on go app?
2016-3-15
Use props
Dutch kepple
lvl.1

Dutch kepple Posted at 2016-3-15 23:43
where is phantom 4 on go app?

Never mind
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nuurs Posted at 2016-3-15 14:21
Hi Tim,
The gimbal is detachable? I'm a bit concerned about that.
The design of the landing gear loo ...

Gimbal of Phantom 4  is not detachable, you will have to send it in for the replacement
2016-3-15
Use props
Nuurs
lvl.1

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-16 14:25
Gimbal of Phantom 4  is not detachable, you will have to send it in for the replacement

Thank you Tim! that's what I thought today when I was inspecting mine.
BTW this Phantom model is fantastic! I'll be doing some flying tests tomorrow! I can't wait!
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nuurs Posted at 2016-3-17 13:52
Thank you Tim! that's what I thought today when I was inspecting mine.
BTW this Phantom model is f ...

Good luck! Let us know how do you like it
2016-3-16
Use props
Highlander Brow
lvl.3

Spain

Thank you Tim great post. The ATF  looks great. This is quite a common functionality I have seen in electro optics for surveillance and military applications.  What happen if, let's say a tree, cross over the track object?  Will it stop hovering or predict for a while the movement of the target?   I think it is a great feature. It is purely a SW implementation. Do you think we will see Phantom 3 upgrade sometime to add this feature?   Does it only work in S mode? (no Forward Obstacle Sensing system)
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-17 19:36
Thank you Tim great post. The ATF  looks great. This is quite a common functionality I have seen in  ...

It will keep following the object  as soon as it shows up in the frame again
2016-3-17
Use props
Nuurs
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-17 14:38
Good luck! Let us know how do you like it

Hi Tim,
All i can say is WOW! very nice experience flying this aircraft! very smooth and responsive and the sport mode is just blazing fast!
But I have to report that when done flying after I landed I've realize that one of the caps of the propellers was missing apparently it detach while flying.

Thank you.
Nuurs

Lost cap

Lost cap
2016-3-17
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

The thing is a blast.  Sport Mode is a hoot.   Also a video can be made featuring speed, and the P4 is rock solid while zooming along in Sport Mode.
2016-4-7
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

It's actually so stable that is mind blowing.   In my house,  with a flimsy wooden roof,  it gets excellent GPS reception, and between that and the VPS the thing looks like it's being hung from a string from the ceiling.  I even went and used the bathroom,  and left it hovering there, and wasn't worried.   Turn the Obstacle Avoidance OFF though.   At least in my house,  everything is close enough to be considered an obstacle.  The P3 was no slouch in the stability department either.  Incredibly good actually.   The P4 does best it though.   Amazing.
2016-4-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules