Phantom 4 Experience
10937 86 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Highlander Brow
lvl.3

Spain

Thank you Tim great post. The ATF  looks great. This is quite a common functionality I have seen in electro optics for surveillance and military applications.  What happen if, let's say a tree, cross over the track object?  Will it stop hovering or predict for a while the movement of the target?   I think it is a great feature. It is purely a SW implementation. Do you think we will see Phantom 3 upgrade sometime to add this feature?   Does it only work in S mode? (no Forward Obstacle Sensing system)
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-17 19:36
Thank you Tim great post. The ATF  looks great. This is quite a common functionality I have seen in  ...

It will keep following the object  as soon as it shows up in the frame again
2016-3-17
Use props
Nuurs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-17 14:38
Good luck! Let us know how do you like it

Hi Tim,
All i can say is WOW! very nice experience flying this aircraft! very smooth and responsive and the sport mode is just blazing fast!
But I have to report that when done flying after I landed I've realize that one of the caps of the propellers was missing apparently it detach while flying.

Thank you.
Nuurs

Lost cap

Lost cap
2016-3-17
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

The thing is a blast.  Sport Mode is a hoot.   Also a video can be made featuring speed, and the P4 is rock solid while zooming along in Sport Mode.
2016-4-7
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
United States

It's actually so stable that is mind blowing.   In my house,  with a flimsy wooden roof,  it gets excellent GPS reception, and between that and the VPS the thing looks like it's being hung from a string from the ceiling.  I even went and used the bathroom,  and left it hovering there, and wasn't worried.   Turn the Obstacle Avoidance OFF though.   At least in my house,  everything is close enough to be considered an obstacle.  The P3 was no slouch in the stability department either.  Incredibly good actually.   The P4 does best it though.   Amazing.
2016-4-7
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
United States

The cap loss might look scary to lose,  but I think it's mainly cosmetic.  The new prop attachment design is genius.  Very simple.  And it looks very fool-proof.
2016-4-7
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
United States

Self tightening sounded good, but just having threads in the equation have room for error.  The new system is just plain slick.  It's something that every engineer tries for: A solution that looks trivially simple, and even hides all the thought and sweat that was needed to come up with something with do few moving parts,  so little complexity,  yet so solid a locking mechanistim.  BRILLIANT JOB DJI.  Having the end result be so solid and simple is the genius of the design.
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules