1607 3 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I sure hope that DJI makes it possible to update the firmware with bin file in the SD card like on phantom 3 and Inspire 1. If they decide to go back to the dark past with only assistant software on a computer like the phantom 2, fine. But still make it possible to do it in the far superior bin file way we have already become used to on our present craft. Besides, at least for me on my Nexus 7 with otg support, all i have to take on a trip, besides my tablet of course, is the tiny device below. Beats the hell out of either, lugging around a laptop when on holiday, or installing assistant software in a hotel lobby computer and plugging a phantom into the same. Far easier to stay current on firmware updates with bin file firmware updates. While DJI could make assistant apps for mobile devices, Samsung and others out there have a nasty habit of disabling USB otg support unlike on the Google Nexus. But anyway, getting a bin file onto a micro SD card still beats the hell out of that hotel lobby situation. DJI, are you listening?

32GB-TF-Card-SD-Card-Adapter-OTG-Smart-Cellphone-Multifunction-Card-Reader-Black.jpg
2016-3-10
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, apart from the PC assistant software, Phantom 4 can be updated by the app. Then it will save you from coping the BIN file from the PC into the SD card, upgrading by app is even more convenient.
2016-3-11
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

If it updates straight from the app that is wonderful news.
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules