No sound in OSMO X5
8108 18 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.fernandohe
lvl.2

Spain

hello, I stand before this community, I've been reading a lot of time but it is the first time I participate.
I apologize for my native language is not English and may not be well understood something.

I wanted to make a query: I have a few months osmo that works perfectly with the camera X3 series, with the latest firmware update does.

I have installed a Zenmuse X5 also upgraded to the latest version of pro inspire and everything works perfect except it does not record sound. Or the internal microphone, or with different external microphones, Rode Videomic, Sennheisser, etc.

I have tried to activate the audio recording from the main menu, and from the one camera and not activated. The icon appears on screen with the red symbol with a cross.

If X3 connect the sound is recorded without problem.

that may be happening or what has happened I skipped?

Greetings.

2016-3-10
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

x5 osmo no mic working here either.
2016-3-10
Use props
info.fernandohe
lvl.2

Spain

mine does not operate without external mic or external mic. All other features works perfect.

Well, there is a bug in the app IOS, and is in the format 4k, the image of the flipped before you sign, as you start recording if the right sample, but turned pause the shows.
2016-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't get my x5 osmo combo to record sound.
2016-3-10
Use props
iphilms
lvl.2
United States

Any fix on recording audio on the X5?  
2016-3-26
Use props
Drone Promotion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3604452 ft
United States

Any way to fix this? Mine just records sound in slow mo.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Drone Promotion Posted at 2016-5-11 06:32
Any way to fix this? Mine just records sound in slow mo.

Hello!
Do you use the Osmo or the Osmo Pro?
In the Osmo Pro, the built-in Mic is turned off by default, you can go to Camera icon->Audio Control to turn on the built-in Mic recording.
2016-5-10
Use props
thegeneral
New
  • >>>
United States

I am using the Osmo Pro app with the X-5 camera. The microphone will not turn on through the app. It works great with the X-3 camera, but the microphone will not work with the X-5. Can anyone tell us when a firmware update may be coming to fix this?
2016-5-11
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-11 14:08
Hello!
Do you use the Osmo or the Osmo Pro?
In the Osmo Pro, the built-in Mic is turned off by de ...

I already turned on the Mic in the app, using FlexiMic...
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wslam Posted at 2016-5-12 02:22
I already turned on the Mic in the app, using FlexiMic...

Hi,
I have to apologize that I didn't explain this issue clearly.
After turning on the Audio Recording function, an external Mic must be used to record the sound.

In the Osmo Pro, the built-in Mic can't work separately like the Osmo(X3).

2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

thegeneral Posted at 2016-5-12 02:07
I am using the Osmo Pro app with the X-5 camera. The microphone will not turn on through the app. It ...

Hi,
Do you mean that the audio level icon in the bottom of the screen doesn't show up after turning on the Audio Recording?
To record the sound normally in the Osmo Pro, please attach a compatible external Mic.

Wait for your further information!
2016-5-11
Use props
wslam
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 14:35
Hi,
I have to apologize that I didn't explain this issue clearly.
After turning on the Audio Recor ...

I am using the FlexiMic with the Audio recording setting turn ON in the DJI GO app, but still no sound is being recorded.
2016-5-12
Use props
allenlew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3723291 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

wslam Posted at 2016-5-12 17:02
I am using the FlexiMic with the Audio recording setting turn ON in the DJI GO app, but still no s ...

And DJI went silent! Damm....
2016-7-20
Use props
erik.erikkrafft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1600397 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem.  Just bought the Røde mic from DJI and it is not working with the X5!!!
2016-8-13
Use props
gumangy
New

Switzerland

The thing is that you in camera mode (Video) you need to press camera icon (not settings). In camera, scroll the list of settings, till you see audio control, there switch on Recording Audio
2016-8-15
Use props
chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37733 ft

A colleague and I have 2 x Osmo pro's with no Audio - either using the internal mic - or an external source.   In addition the firmware versions shows "not available" - on both X5 heads.   Is there a firmware issue. Could someone from DJI comment on this.  And yes - we have turned audio recording on in the menu.   Is there any other secret to recording audio?  I also have an X3 head - and audio works fine on that so it appears to be an X5 issue.  Any information DJI please?
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

chris@loughlin. Posted at 2016-9-3 04:30
A colleague and I have 2 x Osmo pro's with no Audio - either using the internal mic - or an external ...

Hi, the firmware version "not available", sometimes it happens, it's normal.  

About the audio, have you tried the mic of the phone you're using?
2016-9-2
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The build in mic works ok on the x5. In the x5 the audio setting currently resets each time you power down along with your exposure settings. You can keep an eye on this from the audio symbol and levels on the main screen. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
2016-9-4
Use props
haivo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hi, if I understand your problem correct you have: Osmo + X5 + Adapter.
Recording video will result in no Audio. If that is correct than I have the same issue and here is the fix that worked for me:
Update Osmo to the latest firmware (1.8.2.40)
Update DJI Go to the latest version (3.0.1(8))
Go to Mic Control and make sure everything is as in this picture:

Talk to the Mic and see if the Mic indicator move bar up and down.
If not switch the 'Inner Mic' option off and on.
Try to talk to the Mic and it should work now.

Now if you record, your audio should work. This setting however will not persist if you close DJI GO app. You will have to do this everytime.

I have sent the bug to the firmware team and they will have someone fix this. In the meantime, let me know if this works for you.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules