Wish list for a new drone
640 5 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harrydoug
lvl.1

Australia

I'm hoping that DJI will make a new drone the same a the phantom 4, but with sensors on the back, and to save power get rid of the sonar sensors on the bottom.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Thank you for suggestion. Sensors on the back would be handy!  But getting rid of the sonar will not save enough power even for one more minute of extra flight time
2016-3-11
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

My wish, one that does not crack in spite of high speeds. Everything else is gravy. I have high hopes for the phantom 4 I ordered.
2016-3-11
Use props
ghtracey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7224 ft
United States

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-11 10:17
My wish, one that does not crack in spite of high speeds. Everything else is gravy. I have high hope ...

Well they said this one has a new hightech body of some sort. Hopefully its gotten rid of stress cracks etc. TIme will tell on that one.
2016-3-11
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Oh, I bet they are already doing research on that.
It is a very good thing, they did not place sensors on the back for this release.

Why? Well, the first biggest issue is battery technology.  They clearly have placed in some quite impressive tech into the Phantom 4, but all this uses energy.  One of the biggest request from people was to increase the battery life.  So with added sensors, and doubling up on other tech, that bird I am sure was burning up the battery in the first prototypes.

So they clearly did some hard core research, to design the hardware to work well and also not consume as much battery life, but also had to remove a few things like rear facing sensors.

I give them much praise for what they have created, as this is truly some hardcore hardware and software development requirements.
2016-3-11
Use props
harrydoug
lvl.1

Australia

The guidance system on the matrice 100 would be fantastic, on the phantom 4, or something similar. But I suppose the old problem arises, the battery life. Zooming on the camera is also a huge necessity.

2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules