I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!
2016-3-11
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know you're excited.....but with brand new products comes brand new bugs and problems. I've been reading threads of the P4 not ready to fly out of the box.
2016-3-11
Use props
Behshad
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-11 09:15
I know you're excited.....but with brand new products comes brand new bugs and problems. I've been r ...

because those who have it early do not have the software which will be released on 15th. Not a bug!
2016-3-11
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Behshad Posted at 2016-3-11 09:18
because those who have it early do not have the software which will be released on 15th. Not a bug ...

That is so weird to me.  To sell something yet you can't use it....
2016-3-11
Use props
bmendez
lvl.1

United States

Apple apparently screwed up and sold Phantom 4's to customers BEFORE its official release date of 3/15. Now those customers are screwed and left with a $1400 paperweight for now since they cannot fly yet until DJI GO app is updated to support P4 (eta release 3/15). Way to go Apple. & DJI, you have some PR damage control to do here - consider releasing the app now to avoid abgry customers!
2016-3-11
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

bmendez Posted at 2016-3-11 09:53
Apple apparently screwed up and sold Phantom 4's to customers BEFORE its official release date of 3/ ...

How do you know Apple screwed up?  They may have -- I'm certainly not defending them.  But unless you have insider info it's not self-evident they did.  Somewhere there is a contract between DJI and Apple that provided Apple inventory by date X and exclusivity until date Y.  DJI has an affirmative obligation in that contract to provide an embargo date that they should not be sold before date Z or it is automatically standard practice that they can be sold as soon as they are received.  Apple deals with embargo dates all the time with its stores and distribution network and use embargoes themselves at all the retailers of their products.  Given this wasn't just one store selling early, I would be surprised if Apple chain-wide violated a contractual embargo.  Possible yes, but unlikely.  And if DJI failed to embargo the product in their contract they are 100% responsible for the problem.  
2016-3-11
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-11 08:45
That is so weird to me.  To sell something yet you can't use it....

Ummm.  You CAN fly it without the app - just cannot get to all the features yet.
2016-3-11
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

What a strange world where people cannot wait a few days or weeks...
2016-3-11
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

bmendez Posted at 2016-3-11 09:53
Apple apparently screwed up and sold Phantom 4's to customers BEFORE its official release date of 3/ ...

I do not think it is a screw up at all.  Video Game publishers have been playing that game for a long time now.  If anything, it is freaking brilliant!

Why? because it gives free publicity.  Angry mobs or not, people are talking, and then the experts chime in to provide logical information.  

And everyone who has some kind of knowledge and the money, will start to listen.  Social media blows up, face book posts, and look even in here!

Plus wrapped around the fact they already stated the official release date, so legally they are solid.

You just happen to fall into the trap along with all us other fans.
2016-3-11
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

boxerman Posted at 2016-3-11 13:57
Ummm.  You CAN fly it without the app - just cannot get to all the features yet.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I thought maybe it needed to do some activation type thing..
2016-3-11
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

We are a bunch of blood feeders! I can't believe I'm not getting mine until the 23rd. What's the point of pre-ordering..... ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! I want my Phantom 4 now so I can brag to the masses how cool I am (in my mind) because I got mine that I can fist my eyes on how shiny it is and that you don't have yours. WAAAAAAAHHHHHH! (This is just a sarcastic joke. Not designed to offend you but is just meant for humor). But still, "THIS IS NOT FAIR!"
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bmendez Posted at 2016-3-11 07:53

The release date is 3/15, at that time the app will be available.
For those that have the P4, please be patient.
2016-3-11
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Behshad Posted at 2016-3-11 09:18
because those who have it early do not have the software which will be released on 15th. Not a bug ...

Exactly! At any rate, because it is a new product,  when the software comes, so comes the headaches!
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules