Antenna Boosters
1212 9 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

Hi,

Can anyone comments on the use of antenna boosters installed in the RC for Phantoms?

Does it actually improves transmission? Does it damage the equipment?
2016-3-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

There is a whole range of options (from simple windsurfers to full replacement systems), most work to some degree few if installed correctly will damage your equipment.
2016-3-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have tried them all, if you want a good range booster without spending alot go with basic windsurfers. They run about 20 dollars and work just as good as the 300 dollar ones.
2016-3-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-12 06:02
I have tried them all, if you want a good range booster without spending alot go with basic windsurf ...

Agreed, I'm totally happy with mine, I easily fly to the limit of my sight and maintain 100% signal. Last ones I got fold up in half neatly and fit into my hard-shell backpack-bonus!
2016-3-11
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

mike.wildlight Posted at 2016-3-11 19:17
Agreed, I'm totally happy with mine, I easily fly to the limit of my sight and maintain 100% signa ...

Can you please advice which one do you use?
2016-3-11
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

mike.wildlight Posted at 2016-3-11 19:17
Agreed, I'm totally happy with mine, I easily fly to the limit of my sight and maintain 100% signa ...

2016-3-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Australia

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-12 09:38

Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Antenna Range Booster Transmitter Signal Extender

This is my recent one, I haven't used it as much as the previous but so far seems identical in performance.

2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

never used one personally, but i've seen a lot of folks here who did the upgrade,  probably they can help you with that
2016-3-12
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Windsurfers are also very easy to build yourself. Have a look on the web for the basic shape. There are many ways to make them; if you respect the shape, take care that no conductor is in contact with the antennas, and use an aluminum or copper reflector, it will work fine. This one was made out of thin aluminum sheet and screwed (nylon screws with nuts passed through the holes) on to hard foam forms cut to the correct shape. When you want to use it, just simply slip it over the antennas (slots are visible).

Have fun & good flying!

johns windsurfer.jpg
2016-3-12
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

The DBSMod by Itelite available at carolinadrones.com
antenna.jpg
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced