Can you change the Phantom 4 Camera?
42532 49 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

atto Posted at 2017-6-8 07:17
Hello, I have P4P with broken gimbal and working camera.
What about buying new P4 gimbal and then put back P4P camera on that P4 gimbal?

Sure, if you can actually buy a replacement gimbal for a P4P. I can't find it on the DJI web site as a spare part.
2017-6-8
Use props
atto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68996 ft

Croatia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-8 20:59
Sure, if you can actually buy a replacement gimbal for a P4P. I can't find it on the DJI web site as a spare part.

I dont think you understood correctly, i dont want to buy P4P gimbal but P4 gimbal, and than just put my p4p camera part...
But neverming, i found out that P4P camera is bigger than P4 cam so p4 gimbal is balanced for that smaller cam and probably wouldnt work with new bigger cam.

New idea, so i have P4P!  
What about buying P4 gimbal and put it on P4P, do you think it could work?
There are some new features in P4P (like camera tracking) ..will camera work at least, without that new features of p4p?
Thanks.
2017-7-4
Use props
Disrupt
lvl.2
Australia

https://sentera.com/dji-ndvi-upgrade/

??
2017-7-4
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

James WONG Posted at 2016-11-28 03:54
But technically speaking, if the gimbal fits into the slot and the wires are able to connect with the quad, it should be possible...

Ha. This is my new motto for life.
2017-7-4
Use props
fansb536daca
New

Mexico

atto Posted at 2017-6-8 07:17
Hello, I have P4P with broken gimbal and working camera.
What about buying new P4 gimbal and then put back P4P camera on that P4 gimbal?

Hi! Do you still hace de p4p camera ?  I need one.

Thanks
2019-1-1
Use props
fansb536daca
New

Mexico

atto Posted at 2017-7-4 01:08
I dont think you understood correctly, i dont want to buy P4P gimbal but P4 gimbal, and than just put my p4p camera part...
But neverming, i found out that P4P camera is bigger than P4 cam so p4 gimbal is balanced for that smaller cam and probably wouldnt work with new bigger cam.

Do you still have the p4p camera ?
2019-1-1
Use props
mjeschke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397651 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 11:56
Correct, it's built like a Swiss watch and only the repair center is to do any kind of repair work on it.
Working on it is nothing like a P3.

Your faith in the repair center is unfounded. They broke my drone fixing it.

Additionally, the P4P and other cameras are NOT solid cameras. GoPro implements the sensors MUCH better. You have codec implementation issues (frame flicker) as well as lots of noise issues. My P4P cannot push more than ISO 200 without the noise taking over.

My P4P is falling apart. It maybe has 100 flights. Cooling fans inside the bottom of case are rubbing against something and have broken chunks off.

I wish you would figure these things out. Additionally, I wish your techs would stop breaking my drones. They sent me a broken refresh (mentioned before). I've rebuilt cell phones and could have rebuilt the drone better than them. Then, your engineers burnt up 3 high capacity P4P batteries in a FW update.

Your feature set is unparalleled but I hope somebody else comes out with a better drone. I got thrown under the bus by customer support, and had to discard the batteries. They offered me 10% discount from the website for new batteries. I ordered generic which were 50% less than yours.

I cannot help but share my experience. You could change the camera (not sure about to a different model). It's extremely hard to take them apart but not impossible. Granted I have a masters in computer engineering, I design stuff like this but for aircraft that carry people.

I now fix the drones on my own now because I understand my luck with DJI Techs is not good, and my drone will be gone for months on end (took several months for refresh). Good luck, I'd not swap cameras around, unless somebody else has already done what you want on youtube. I'm keeping my eyes open to see if somebody swaps P4P camera to V2.0 camera. My hope is the larger sensor fixes some of the noise issues.
2019-8-24
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 11:56
Correct, it's built like a Swiss watch and only the repair center is to do any kind of repair work on it.
Working on it is nothing like a P3.

I was wondering if you can send your phantom 4 into DJI and have them convert it to the phantom 4 V2 pro I'm assuming it's upgraded camera possibly motors the same way they do the inspire one and convert it to the V2 pro as well why wouldn't they have the same program for the phantom 4?
2021-8-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

edoo Posted at 8-14 04:38
I was wondering if you can send your phantom 4 into DJI and have them convert it to the phantom 4 V2 pro I'm assuming it's upgraded camera possibly motors the same way they do the inspire one and convert it to the V2 pro as well why wouldn't they have the same program for the phantom 4?

No, DJI do not do upgrades. Besides, the P4 series is now discontinued.
2021-8-14
Use props
Lanman61
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-21 21:25
No, there are additional control channels in the P4Pro camera that are not accomodated in the P4 aircraft.

What about moving the gimble from a P4 to a P4P and putting the original P4P camera back on? I am having issues with my P4P gimble not being centered (off a few degrees to the left when it should be straight ahead).
2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules