Bodmin Moor, Cornwall, UK
3080 14 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

First day with no high winds for what seems like ever.  Took the P3A up for a flight on the moors.

Thanks for watching.
2016-3-11
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>

I enjoyed it ,thanks for sharing .Maybe next time choose better music ,kind of got boring as it repeats itself .The video was very good .  
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nice video! thanks for sharing!
2016-3-11
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha nick,

Very interesting video.  Great subject matter.  The music was well chosen.  I thought the rythmic nature of the recurring verses accentuated the primal nature of the subject matter.  Mahalo, I really enjoyed it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-12
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-12 00:36
I enjoyed it ,thanks for sharing .Maybe next time choose better music ,kind of got boring as it repe ...

Yeah, I kinda know where you're coming from.  I chose the music as it has a link to the standing stones (the lyrics refer to druids and magical stone circles), but it wasn't chosen for the melody.  I still think it fits the subject, but your observations on the repetition are definitely valid.

Maybe I'll make another edit and alter the music to see how it goes.

Thanks for taking the time to offer constructive criticism, it's much appreciated.
2016-3-12
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-12 08:27
Aloha nick,

Very interesting video.  Great subject matter.  The music was well chosen.  I thou ...

Thanks for the comments Cetaman.  It is a great area for ariel videos, you are right.

I would have spent a lot more time in that quarry, if it wasn't for the mad crow that took a dislike to the Phantom at 2.22 (you can see him launch himself off from the highest part of the tor and then harass the drone).  I was worried that he would bring the drone down if he made contact (and hurt himself), so I had to withdraw.

I was surprised at how little attention the wild ponies and cattle paid to the Phantom.

I will return another day, as there are some really great rock formations and man-made quarry landscapes there.  I also would like to get some more footage of the standing stones at sunset or sunrise, when the shadows will be longer and should make the the whole place more interesting.
2016-3-12
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Always good to see local(ish) footage. Really enjoyed it and found the music to suit perfectly. The crow was slightly pissed off though haha.
2016-3-12
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

nick4098 Posted at 2016-3-11 23:18
Thanks for the comments Cetaman.  It is a great area for ariel videos, you are right.

I would hav ...

Aloha nick,

Looking forward to the new videos.  Love those old sites!  And I did notice the ponies did not pay much attention.  Maybe they do not hear the P3 frequencies.  Does that means you can get closer or are they protected with a distance limitation?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-12
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video and loved the music - was it Clannad?  If not it certainly had their sound style ... still love the soundtracks they did for the Robin of Sherwood TV series.

Will have to get my backside in motion and get my P3 up into the Cheviots and Northumberland National Park and start making some videos.

Anyone want to join me and set up some joint flying dates for the spring and summer?
2016-3-12
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cetacman - there aren't any distance restrictions for animals other than common sense.  They really weren't at all bothered, but I wouldn't feel comfortable getting too much closer in case they spooked.

Old Geezer - Yes it was Clannad - good spot!  I'm old enough to remember that series, too....
2016-3-12
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-12
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

Awesome! thanks for sharing!
2016-3-12
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Great video! And a beautiful area for sure, it was nice to get to see it. l know the name because l have a Cornish Rex.
2016-3-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting video. Always like to see the other parts of our world.
2016-3-13
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CapitAn Posted at 2016-3-13 12:39
Great video! And a beautiful area for sure, it was nice to get to see it. l know the name because l  ...

Wow, that's quite a rare cat.  Can't be many of those over your side of the pond!

Weird, because I have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever (more USA than Canada, I know), and they're really uncommon in the UK.

Thanks for watching.
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules