5219 95 2016-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

Hi.
I purchased the Ronin-m recently, one with two batteries of 1580 mAh, used with EOS 5D MarkIII and Tamron 24 70.
1) Compared with DJI tutorial I verified that the DJI Folded Adjustment Support Ronin-M (Part 11) came out with the new Ronin is different to what I have just seen in the tutorial. In particular, it is different because it is not equipped with extension and the articulation of the arms is secured by a rubber band.
Is it just that the latest version?
2) I knew that few other user can change the battery without removing the camera from the plate and without carrying out a new balance of the ronin. I tried but I can not!
>> Question> Is there some setting that allows you to DO?
3) Yet another tip. Which accessories I can use to start video recording by the video handlebar?  .... without spending a fortune to buy a Manfrotto MVR911ECCN (https://www.manfrotto.it/control ... lr-canon-mvr911eccn)
4) Once i have successfully carried out the balancing with the application I proceed perform Auto Tune Stability. then the camera is tilted with a tilt of -16.50 °. I have tried many times to repeat the balancing but the result is that I have, more or less, always the same negative value of tilt, then with tilted camera down.The following values

gimbal.PNG

5) where is the serial number?
Thanks

2016-3-12
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

HI Jamie. I followed the directions, I corrected posture but bouncing up down there yet. following values. What can I do?
schermata01.jpeg
schermata02.jpeg
2016-8-16
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Help ME
Thanks
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello! Could you please translate your post into English? I'm sorry that I can't understand your language.
As for the Ronin-M battery, please note that new battery has been released, however, before using the latest battery, please upgrade the firmware of your Ronin-M to the latest  version.
2016-3-14
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Ok, done. I hope now you understand. Thanks DJI-Adela
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks!
If I understand you correctly, I think you may be interested in below recommended information:
Please look at the tutorial video about how to balance the Ronin-M and how to tuning the Thumb Controller: http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/info#video

Here's the official information about thumb controller and Focus:
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-thumb-controller  
http://www.dji.com/product/focus
2016-3-14
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

thanks but I think with the accessories that you have shown to me I can not remotely operate the start / stop of the EOS camera. with the thumb-controller i can  drive the movements of the gimbal
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-15 19:26
thanks but I think with the accessories that you have shown to me I can not remotely operate the sta ...

Thanks for your reply!
Please note that Ronin-M is a 3-axis camera stabilization gimbal that holds a wide variety of cameras, giving you smooth, stable, hand-held footage in most conditions.
As for the remote control of any specific camera, please look for further help from relevant camera suppliers.
Thanks for your support to DJI!
2016-3-15
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Adela, can you answer the question 1)?  thanks
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-16 16:21
Adela, can you answer the question 1)?  thanks

Hi,
To answer your first question,
Please be noticed that you purchased the latest version, please refer to DJI offical store at http://store.dji.com/product/ronin-m-tuning-stand
The one with articulation of arms are the older version, please refer to http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Ronin-M-Tuning_Stand
Since the tutorial video was made before the release of the latest version, so what you see in it is the older version.
2016-3-16
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Adela, SOS SOS >>> HELP ME.
can you respond to the question 4) e 5) original post?

but DJI has the quality control? I have purchased a s900, a Lightbridge and all had problems that made them useless. But who is DJI? Yet I like many others have invested with DJI money and time to work, putting an unjustified confidence.
Now even the Ronin-M, bought a few days ago, with the inability to adjust the TILT is unusable and I can not use it to already commissioned works. VERY HEAVY.

I think DJI should withdraw within 24 hours the goods and present replace them: this means CUSTOMER CARE !!!!!

THANKS

2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 03:06
Adela, SOS SOS >>> HELP ME.
can you respond to the question 4) e 5) original post?
but DJI has the q ...

Don't worry! According to the live Power data of Pan, Tilt and Roll, you've balanced your camera well.
You can enter More menu, Restore default settings and Calibrate System.
If you still have any problem, please let me know.
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

ok ... it does not work!!!!!!!This happens just after unpacking last bought, so again.
What else can I do to balance the ronin order to start working?
adela. but is this the only mode of assistance for Italy?

2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 17:27
ok ... it does not work. This happens just after unpacking last bought, so again.
adela. but this i ...

For any further assistance, please contact your dealer for help or you can email to support.eu@dji.com directly.
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

So, is there nothing else to do?
ADELA. are you going to assist me still?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 17:41
So, is there nothing else to do?

If it's convenient, could you please send us the video of the gimbal's response including the relevant parameters settings in the App of your mobile device or in the Assistant software? Our technician would come to analyze it further for you.
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

ok. I provide
tilt valore.PNG
tilt.JPG
2016-3-18
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 07:10
ok. I provide

Disable smoothtrack, use the remote controller to recenter it, see if it drifts. If it doesn't drift, that means the problem is the smoothtrack shit, turn the deadband high, maybe that resolve your problems
2016-3-18
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

i have the accesory to start/stop the video lf the camera, i have a t4i and it work on the 5D too, it is the "Photix cleon 2" which is a wireless remote trigger fot photography. so you install Magil Lantern on your 5D, and enable "trigger video with half press of shutter" then you are good to go
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

I have disabled smoothtrack, I have used remote controller to recenter it. I have recentered it.

1) the Ronin, left on the support, does not derive
2) the Ronin, used, drift to some degree

If it is the first, the active tilt smoothtrack and I set the value of upwards of deadband (tilt only) values
Then, do I start again Auto Tune stability?

I launched AutoTune stability and tilt drifts back

Also pan is not aligned but it moved to 5-6 °. I center the correct position with the remote controller, but when I start auto tune stability, the pan and tilt values are wrong again

2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

The last trial:
Could you please mount the lens support as below and re-balance the camera again? If the problem still exist, I'll advise to return it for a thorough check. Thanks for your patience all the time. If you need any further help about the returning, we'll try our best to help out.

Lens support.png
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

In addition, you have  EOS 5D MarkIII and Tamron 24 70, right? So, does this problem happen in both of your two cameras?
2016-3-18
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 08:19
I have disabled smoothtrack, I have used remote controller to recenter it. I have recentered it.

1) ...

I didn't understand quite well what you wrote, so it doesn't drift when tilt smoothtrack is off?.
Mine sometimes goes off a little by -4 degrees on tilt, but changing Trim solves problem
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

But you say?
I purchased the Ronin yesterday and I have to send it in for service? You remove it immediately because I bought it to work.
Let me know when you urgently proceed with the replacement
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

ADELA >>> didn't understand quite well what you wrote ......
There are two possibilities
1) The Ronin is stopped on the support does not derive >>
2) the Ronin is used >> drift to some degree

If it is the first, I activated the tilt smoothtrack and I increase the value of the deadband
I launched Auto Tune stability and tilt drifts back.
2016-3-18
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

auto tune stability does not evaluate its changing parameter values you are indicating to me? so can not tune stability auto used any more?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-3-18 19:57
I didn't understand quite well what you wrote, so it doesn't drift when tilt smoothtrack is off?.

Thanks for your advice!
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 20:07
But you say?
I purchased the Ronin yesterday and I have to send it in for service? You remove it imm ...

I hope not...
However, if it's necessary, I'm afraid you have to return it for repair or an exchange. Our relevant coworkers will help to deal with this kind of issue ASAP.
Please take a look at our after-sales policy so that you can get the best warranty.
The website is http://www.dji.com/service
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 20:20
auto tune stability does not evaluate its changing parameter values you are indicating to me? so ca ...

I apologize if I made you confused!
The auto tune stability should work in normal condition, it helps to adjust the balance slightly automatically. Just as stated in the user manual, the Auto Tune Stability button allows for automatic adjustment of each motor's stiffness setting (as relayed from the sensors and interpreted by the Ronin-M) to accomplish an optimized setting.
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-18 20:07
But you say?
I purchased the Ronin yesterday and I have to send it in for service? You remove it imm ...

According to your picture,
we judge that the abnormal value of the Tilt Angle may be caused by your camera's lens, so we advise you to install the mounting plate and the lens support and re-balance your camera to exclude the possibility.

Maybe e.gargiulo's suggestion will work for you, you can have a test.

BTW, you can find more information in the user manual and more FAQ or troubleshooting in DJI official website at http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/info#faq
2016-3-19
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

without considering the described defects, in some tests I observe vertical oscillations. Apart from the posture, are there special software fixes that I can take to avoid these fluctuations?
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-24 19:18
without considering the described defects, in some tests I observe vertical oscillations. Apart from ...

Make sure you've balanced the camera well, and then please go to the Assistant software and adjust the value of stiffness to see if you can fix the vibration issue.
2016-3-25
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Adela
no vibrations but oscillations, fluctuations
2016-3-25
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Adela. SOS
WHY?
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Please read below description from the user manual, hope you'll find this info. is helpful.    Why do you need to use a len support for Ronin-M.png     Ronin-M DJI Assistant App-Motor Adjustment.png
2016-3-31
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

thanks. I try
2016-4-1
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

SOS. HELP ME. ADELA
Hello. Adela. I have made your advice. But there is no improvement. However, I am telling of bouncing up / down When walking that is also covered in the post
http://forum.dji.com/thread-11857-1-1.html
At the end of the post valealvarez.s96 says "It's a 3-axis gimbal, you as the operator controlls the 4th axis (up and down spacial movements) the gimbal can not counteract those movements ....."
And L1d says "You need additional hardware for the 4th axis please see http://youtu.be/spThR4aNKf4 Dji Should release this as a standard add-on".
I observe that in this forum there are many users who complain about this lack of bouncing up / down that, in fact, makes it less usable Ronin.M while I observed that no user denounces this defect in the forum Movi.
Considerations
I think that DJI should highlight this inability to control these movements. Instead, it even publishes videos where the defect is not precisely detected. misleading advertising by DJI?
Why do you keep giving me tips on how to eliminate this defect when, in fact, I should spend an additional EUR in equipment which, it seems, eliminate this defect?
It seems to be just the gimbal Ronin-m having these problems so blatantly while Movi does not seem to have any.
If you have some concrete advices, not only me but the whole community will be grateful
Thank you
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-4-5 14:48
SOS. HELP ME. ADELA
Hello. Adela. I have made your advice. But there is no improvement. However, I a ...

Hi,
I'm sorry if I misunderstood your problem.
If you are referring to the issue of the 'up and down' fluctuation, please look at what "DJI-Darryl" suggests:
"you need to control how you walk, bend your knees a little and concentrate on controlling the up and down movement while framing your shot, It takes some practice and patients.
It is very much like operating a Steadicam, although a Steadicam does allow support for vertical movement you still need to train yourself on how to walk with a Steadicam."
2016-4-5
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Hi, Adela
why do you not answer to these considerations?
I think that DJI should highlight this inability to control these movements. Instead, it even publishes videos where the defect is not precisely detected. misleading advertising by DJI?
Why do you keep giving me tips on how to eliminate this defect when, in fact, I should spend an additional EUR in equipment which, it seems, eliminate this defect?
It seems to be just the gimbal Ronin-m having these problems so blatantly while Movi does not seem to have any.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-4-5 21:18
Hi, Adela
I think that DJI should highlight this inab ...

About the issue concerned, to get a better video quality, it does need some practice to use the Ronin properly, with which will definitely eliminate the unnecessary joggle.
Ronin is a hand-held 3 axes gimbal rig, it is designed to balance the pitch, yaw and pan of the camera smoothly. Some other joggle caused by the operators movement can just be eliminated by the user's proper operation.
2016-4-5
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-4-5 21:18
Hi, Adela
I think that DJI should highlight this inab ...

The guys who operates freefly movis and have the money to throw at a 12k gimbal, they rent stuff as the easyrig and flowcine serene to work with almost all axis, you need to watch a masterclass in steadycam, it is how you move with gimbal, i could get floating footage operating the osmo, which is known to be more sensitive at the up&down movement, some of the masters said that bending your knees is worst, walk normally, legs close to each other, roll all the foot in the ground, and dont hold the ronin tight, try to hold it loose, disconected to your body, trying to become a dual spring arm, the gimbal could work better when you run really fast, walk really slow, anything in between is the hardest part.
2016-4-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules