customer service and support
1088 3 2016-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Studiologe
New

Hello all,

I wanted to let you know about my bad experience with DJI and can only suggest to look for other products.

I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Professional a ton of batteries and upgrades for it. And I was really happy with it.

Then I decided to buy the Osmo, as I was in the need of a new camera anyways. Again I purchased not only the unit itself, but also a ton of accessories.
Especially the Osmo Vehicle Mount got my attention, as I will be going on a road trip this summer.
Unfortunately the Osmo Vehicle Mount ahs a really dumb unbelieveable manufacturing defect, the (male) thread on the base doesnt' pair with the (female) thread in the extension arm,
as the base has a M5 fine thread and the extension arm has M6 corse thread.

I attempted a return with DJI and contacted support, I explained my situation, never got an answer, all the sudden a day later I receive "Case closed" email and I replied and even provided pictures where I show a caliper as reference to the threads and detailed explain the problem. Still nothing, a google search quickly revieled, that DJI obviously had manufacturing problems in the past with mounting not being flush and other issues.

From my personal experience dealing with the "Experts" of DJI in "Customer Support" and "After Sales Support" I can strongly recommend NOT to buy any products from this company.
Find an alternative, the past has shown "Made in China" is not even worth a tenth of what it is offered for. The recent development on the chinese stock exchange clearly shows what crappy quality will eventually bring. Economic DOWNFALL

DJI EPIC THREAD FAIL SEE PICTURES IN MY GOOGLE DRIVE
https://drive.google.com/folderv ... Z1pKOFE&usp=sharing

2016-3-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Studiologe, sorry for your frustration! Could you please pass me your ticket number, we will look into your case. Thank you!
2016-3-13
Use props
robert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123465 ft
United States

Hey, Studiologe, I feel your pain.

We who have adopted aerial photography in its early stages have made many bold (and expensive) choices in the past few years.

We have also endured the mistakes and growing pains of this manufacturer-- from software and firmware updates which were not ready to have been released, to an opaque, at times laughably inept support system.

I read your post while waiting for a dumb and frustrating support reply regarding a couple hundred dollars' worth of Osmo accessories.  After my first direct-from DJI purchase three years ago (a Phantom One), I vowed to never again deal directly with the manufacturer.  

Figuring that perhaps the company had scaled up its consumer relations by 2016, this accessory  purchase was once again fraught with disappointment and frustration.

For what it's worth, those of us who have committed to the DJI product line have a sanity-saving option or two.  By purchasing from dealers (either actual stores or via Amazon), we at least have a vendor to whom we can hold our purchases accountable.  

DJI gear is priced at a premium, and if the frustration of dealing with that company is the price of doing business for a non DJI seller, then I feel their pain as well-- but better them than me.

Your frustration is echoed loud and clear on these and the non-DJI forums peopled by fellow photographers and pilots.

If any of us had bought an automobile from Toyota or Ford or Rolls Royce and found it didn't even screw together right, nobody in their right mind would blame us for raising our voice.  Although it may feel like we are whistling in the dark by venting our frustrations in a post like yours, it's far better to call out such screw-ups (pun intended) than to grumble quietly to ourselves.

I wish you luck getting your clearly-stated concerns addressed and the problem fixed, instead of being slid off into customer support limbo.

When I first dipped a toe into drone pilotry, forums like this were also sources of fixes and workarounds from community members who were sharing their lessons bitter and sweet.  Both photogs and fliers are a resourceful lot, and we can often be a more useful source of ideas and support than the "DJI Drones" whose job it is to back up their growing sales.

Anyway, in the time it's taken to type this, an email has just come in stating that the overdue shipment is finally on its way.  So everything's fine now, right?  Nah.  Not really.  But what are we gonna do, right?

Keep posting when DJI is not doing their job well, or doing it cluelessly, or incompetently.  Don't know whether all our voices will start to have a cumulative effect, but without a fellow flyer in a local shop or responsible online vendor to have our back, the idea of meaningful customer support from suddenly-famous DJI is still a crap shoot at best.

Thanks for your post,

-robert

2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

robert@rollandr Posted at 2016-3-15 14:19
Hey, Studiologe, I feel your pain.

We who have adopted aerial photography in its early stages have  ...

Hi Robert! I'm sorry for your frustration! Is there anything we can help you with?
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules