Testing My Standard Range
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iLuvMyPhantom
lvl.1

Was testing my range today and in the video you get to see the area I fly in, to one side I have a massive forest and the other dir is my neighborhood with some industry up past the main road.

To test range this time I flew straight down my road with forest on the left and houses to the right til I went past end of road (my street is small and dead ends at both ends); I had an incredible range today and was very, very pleased.  With no mods or boosters and with some electrical lines, and after 1/4 mile treetops, I was able to go about 3600 feet at an elevation of 400.  So I went well past half a mile and that was in a 'not wide open' area.  I tried to use my homemade parabolic but honestly saw no difference but I am reserving judgement until I am able to test it with nothing between me and drone.  

Still, 3/4 a mile with no modding or boosters is pretty good in my opinion for a stock Phantom 3 Standard.   I was going to put up some videos from deeper in the Preserve but the flooding rains have made it a real mess getting back in there so will have to wait until things dry out a bit.  Got pic too!  Thats me and my old Ford, we're both still running though it runs a lot smoother than I do any more!

Me, My Ford, and My RC!

Me, My Ford, and My RC!
2016-3-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing,  and that picture that is a classic, that's how Pilots take a selfie !  Like a boss !  I love that old Ford Pick up truck , You could be like Clint Eastwood driving around in that thing and you could yell out to the neighborhood  kids , " Get off My Dam  Lawn"

-Donnie

****Clint Eastwood reference is from a Movie  called Gran Torino
2016-3-12
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-13 05:18
Thanks for sharing,  and that picture that is a classic, that's how Pilots take a selfie !  Like a boss !  I love that old Ford Pick up truck , You could be like Clint Eastwood driving around in that thing and you could yell out to the neighborhood  kids , " Get off My Dam  Lawn"

-Donnie

this may be a dumb question (I am new) how do you know when you are reaching the maximum flight range? Ive only flown 3 times and havent pushed it very far yet
thanks
2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2016-12-20 14:56
this may be a dumb question (I am new) how do you know when you are reaching the maximum flight range? Ive only flown 3 times and havent pushed it very far yet
thanks

Not sure how far the Phantom 1 goes, it is not super far, usually the Signal bar will begin to drop .  Sorry dont know enough about this model to give accurate info.

donnie
2016-12-21
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-21 08:41
Not sure how far the Phantom 1 goes, it is not super far, usually the Signal bar will begin to drop .  Sorry dont know enough about this model to give accurate info.

donnie

np thank you
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules