947 9 2016-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James'ik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126804 ft
Poland

Hi everyone,
I just got an email in my inbox and I'm surprised that there is nothing about it here on the forum... at least I don't see it.

The Healthy Drones is no longer free. Well, you get 50 free flights and then you have to pay and it is subscription based service.
I don't like it. I would prefer if it was for a number of free flights per month and then pay if you fly more. I don't fly often enough to justify paying for it each month. I only had two days of good weather in 2016! Too bad... it was nice.
I understand that developing and maintaining such a website is not free but charging everyone every month even if they don't use it is just greedy in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

2016-3-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

It's not greedy, they're in business to make money.  If you don't use it, don't subscribe & you won't pay.
2016-3-12
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

50 free flights is enough for me.Their prices are kinda steep for something that was free not long ago.
2016-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-13 11:03
It's not greedy, they're in business to make money.  If you don't use it, don't subscribe & you won' ...

I don't mind paying, but I hate subscriptions to anything. I would prefer to buy say 10 submissions for a set fee.
2016-3-12
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received the same email too.  The 50 flights are STILL free.  They are ADDING a subscription service...
2016-3-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most companies offering data like that may offer free for a while, then add a fee.
2016-3-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-13 03:42
I don't mind paying, but I hate subscriptions to anything. I would prefer to buy say 10 submission ...

Yeah, I'm not keen on subscriptions either.  You just have to use it for a month, upload all your records & get the info you want & unsubscribe.  It's all nice information to have, but mostly unnecessary IMO unless you actually have a problem.
2016-3-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also received the same email. I am wondering if the 50 free is the limit or is it for a time period.
2016-3-13
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, I don't like the subscription idea either based on a monthly type thing.  I would rather see something based on my number of uploads or size of uploads...
2016-3-13
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Just keep your total flights under the maximum of 50 .  If you fly really infrequently, you could always do a screen capture of the flight information you want to keep, then delete that flight off the Healthydrones website.  As long as it's under the 50 it's still free.
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules