Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The unlock 'tilt-roll-pan' thing
1655 4 2016-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys
Just remembered at the last minute to first unlock tilt, roll and then pan in that order before turning my Osmo on.
Not really sure why you need to do it that way, but I was wondering, when you turn it off, do you need to lock everything in reverse order (pan, roll then tilt) or does it really matter

And can you damage the Osmo by not unlocking in the described way?

Cheers
2016-3-12
Use props
raywongmusic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
Hong Kong

lest say I just want to turn the OSMO on to check and download a few files, do I still need to unlock the gimbal?  Will the gimbal motors be damaged if it is left in lock position when power is on for a few minutes.  
I noticed the camera is still on even when the gimbal is locked, this is exhausting the battery for no reason.   I hope this will be improved in the future updates.
2016-3-13
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just seen this in the FAQ

"Lock the pitch and roll axis first and then lock the pan axis."    Pitch standing in for the word "Tilt" I think. So it is shut off in reverse order.

2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

raywongmusic Posted at 2016-3-13 20:39
lest say I just want to turn the OSMO on to check and download a few files, do I still need to unloc ...

If you just need to connect the camera to your PC and download the files, you don't have to unlock the gimbal.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Spud Posted at 2016-3-14 02:49
Just seen this in the FAQ

"Lock the pitch and roll axis first and then lock the pan axis."    Pi ...

Yes. In doing so, the camera will be protected better. Please follow up the instruction in the user manual strictly.
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules