No fly-zone
894 2 2016-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunsetmaro
New

United States

I am in Puerto Rico on deployment and thought it would be awesome to take my drone down the 200ft cliff by the beach. I am a little close to the airport but I will in no mean be above 100ft. Also the airport is 3 miles away and I am 200 feet elevation below it. Anyone know a way to disable the no-fly zone?
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, if you want to disable the aircraft no fly zone, you need to get approval of the airport and then contact flysafe@dji.com.
2016-3-14
Use props
H0SPITAL
New

you need permission.  call the airport and ask for permission to fly in that area.  Just say that you will only be flying in this area and you want to fly there for *whatever reason*.  Be nice, respectful and let them know you are just a serviceman who is trying to have a bit of safe, recreational fun.  If they say yes, you will give them your UAV registration number, name and contact info, and you will be clear to fly there only for as long as and wherever the agreed permission allows.  My friend lives within the restricted fly radius of an airport, and when he wants to fly, he calls the tower and gets permission.  He hasn't been turned down permission yet.  Just be careful.  If they call you or tell you to stop or not to fly, the brig will be the least of your worries.
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules