Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A request to DJI for the Gimbal Operation
2857 23 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

In reading the Instruction Manual on page 38 that describes the "Gimbal Mode Operation" there doesn't seem to be a way to Pan without a second Controller. It would be really helpful, for my use anyway to put the Inspire at the desired height and location and let the Inspire Hover and Pan the Video. In doing that you wouldn't have to worry about the orientation of the Inspire. I use mine for inspecting Radio Tower Sites and Tower Inspection. I have to get the Quad in very close to the Antennas and the usual height is 190-250'. My other sites are on top of Water Storage Tanks. Wit the panning I could use the pitch to set on top of the Tank, put it into Hover as at that point I could not see exactly whers I am as my view is obstructed. Once in the desired location I could Hover and Pan the Landscape to give me an idea of what the Antenna Coverage is going to be.
2015-1-9
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Rodger -

Pan and tilt are available via a single controller via the app or with the gimbal dial. Here is a link pre release of the app...

2015-1-9
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, my source of info was from the Inspire Manual on page 38. I have not flown the Inspire yet as it is in the sub zero temps here in good old RI.
Thanks again for the info and link
Rodger
2015-1-9
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AVNes Posted at 2015-1-10 06:05
Rodger -

Pan and tilt are available via a single controller via the app or with the gimbal dial. H ...

PERFECT! Thanks, better than I wanted. Great relief!
2015-1-9
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-1-10 06:20
PERFECT! Thanks, better than I wanted. Great relief!

No problem. This is how I currently have mine set up as well as I am still waiting for my second controller to arrive. Hope it warms up for you soon. Hate to tell you its 70 here in San Diego.
2015-1-9
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have you done all of the firmware updates without an issue? I haven't got to that yet. 70 PERFECT! IT IS COLD HERE!!!
2015-1-9
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I'm curious if those antennas will interfere with GPS or are you planning to use it without GPS on.  I'm trying to gauge what would be my limits when I get mine delivered so I can just stay in my comfort zone.
2015-1-9
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger, there is a second option to pan the camera in single RC mode: Assign either the C1 or C2 button on the RC rear to switch between pan and tilt. That feature is selectable in the app under RC Control Settings. You can then use the top left wheel to pan the camera while hovering. Seeing as how you are going to want to keep two fingers on the sticks when in close proximity to towers, this might be a safer option.
2015-1-9
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-10 07:20
Rodger, there is a second option to pan the camera in single RC mode: Assign either the C1 or C2 but ...

This option is not present In .91 of the app. You can select different items, but not pan/tilt.
2015-1-9
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AnticipateMedia Posted at 2015-1-10 09:34
This option is not present In .91 of the app. You can select different items, but not pan/tilt.

I can see the option available for the C1 or C2 buttons in v0.91 of the iOS app.
image.jpg
2015-1-9
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks B for postingrins that screen shot. I'm out to dinner so unable to right now.
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

Hi Roger, on page 36 of the user manual, we have included the following wording to instruct our users on how to pan the camera with single remote controller.

Pan Control
Follow the instructions below to use the gimbal dial to control the pan movement of the gimbal:
1. Power on the aircraft and remote control, launch DJI Pilot app and enter “Camera” page.
2. Tap “RC Control Settings” icon and select either C1 or C2 customizable button as the gimbal pitch/
yaw switching button.
3. Select “Gimbal Pitch/Yaw” from the drop-down list.

Hope this could help.
2015-1-9
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-10 10:05
I can see the option available for the C1 or C2 buttons in v0.91 of the iOS app.

Thanks that is what I was looking for. Thanks again!
2015-1-10
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-DingC Posted at 2015-1-10 15:04
Hi Roger, on page 36 of the user manual, we have included the following wording to instruct our user ...

Thank you, as I said earlier I went from another page. I have not read the entire manual yet. I printed it double sided and brought it to Staples and had it put into a spiral bound booklet along with the Quick StartGuide. The more that I see and learn about the Inspire I am beginning to wonder if there is anything that it can't do?
2015-1-10
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ok I just checked. I assure you in .91 of the Apple app this setting does not exist for me.  Any idea why? I'll post a photo later when I am not away but the gimbal tilt/yaw option is not on my version of that very screen on iPhone or iPad.

All I have for options are:
Advanced camera settings
Gimbal free/follow
Toggle map/live view
Clear flight route
Battery info.

That's it. Both controller and craft on latest FW.
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

To see all options the tx has to be on
2015-1-10
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It is on. But I have bigger issues. Transmission is definitely cutting out at 500m, I almost lost the thing...
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Please post a screen shot of your channel meter. Something isn't right, that's for sure.
(Fyi, the yaw and pitch option is only available for c1.)
2015-1-10
Use props
sonofsky2010
lvl.1

China

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-11 00:54
Please post a screen shot of your channel meter. Something isn't right, that's for sure.
(Fyi, the  ...

Scroll the menus and you will find the gimbal yaw/pitch option for C2.
2015-1-11
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

sonofsky2010@qq Posted at 2015-1-11 18:14
Scroll the menus and you will find the gimbal yaw/pitch option for C2.

Thanks. Was not clear you had to scroll.
2015-1-11
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-10 10:05

I love this feature!
2015-1-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The other option is to place your finger on the screen and wait until the blue circle appears.  You can then pan and tilt at the same time.
2015-1-11
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

rodger Posted at 2015-1-10 19:25
Thank you, as I said earlier I went from another page. I have not read the entire manual yet. I pr ...

There are many things it can't do of course, such as flying into a restricted area like LAX...
2015-1-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-DingC Posted at 2015-1-13 09:35
There are many things it can't do of course, such as flying into a restricted area like LAX...

That makes a lot of sense. I would never try something like that. DJI is being very safety conscious and I appreciate that. Common sense should also prevail! In my situation being close to the Military Base I don't fly when they are. When I hear the choppers or the herc's in the air I won't fly, they fly as low as tree top level to avoid radar detection, part of their exercises.
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules