X5R Algorithms
1535 21 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Will the X5R also have compresion options, or only Raw ?
2016-3-14
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

You really think they can offer that in that price range like a Mini Red Epic? Dream on lol
2016-3-14
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

You never know......I have a drone here that cost me $60K plus and the Inspire goes very very close to outperforming it in every way now.........I will indeed keep my fingers crossed.
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2016-3-14 04:59
You really think they can offer that in that price range like a Mini Red Epic? Dream on lol

How bout Just a simple," Yes, it is going to be great" or"  No , sorry at that price point probably not feasible."

Dream..On LOL  a bit harsh

-donnie
2016-3-14
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Depends on who they hired to develop the camera, if on previous projects engineers got an impression from pro clients that variable compression options are a must (4k file sizes are no joke)  then they'd make sure to make it happen. If not they'll focus their priorities on other things - let's hope for the best and prepare for... well, you know the rest
2016-3-14
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I feel there is so much other information they should be sharing on the X5r. price / availability of the SSD, (other sizes will be an option too?), how will we get the footage off? USB2.0? ssd cradle to USB3? 512 gb with usb 2 will suck. Im sure there is more things... just the first 2 that come to mind.
2016-3-14
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

By compression options do you mean similar to REDCODE compression where it's different compressions of raw or just other compression options other than RAW? X5R will most likely still shoot in h.264 compression like the X5.

It's a shame that DJI can't release more info about the X5R. I saw the updated DJI GO app has RAW support so I'm guessing it's FINALLY about to be released. I will not purchase or pre-order until I have actual footage to grade on my own as I'm sure most everyone else shares my same feelings. DJI is new to the film business. Unlike RED where their color science and technology has been proven, It's hard to just throw $4K into a camera system that nobody knows how it will truly behave. If DJI was smart they would have been releasing a lot more press and example clips for the public to play with in post to solidify their customer's purchase decision leading up to the release.  We shall see...
2016-3-14
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

scooterlam Posted at 2016-3-14 13:02
By compression options do you mean similar to REDCODE compression where it's different compressions  ...

Im sure either way it will be way better then the X5, ( still would be nice to have some more info / test footage) So I pre-ordered. Its got to be better... right? lol
Once I have my hands on it, ill take some clips and share them with the forum. Hopefully DJI sticks to their word, end of the month please DJI
2016-3-15
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft

gybo102 Posted at 2016-3-16 11:06
Im sure either way it will be way better then the X5, ( still would be nice to have some more inf ...

It's available now on DJI.com $5,999.
2016-3-17
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-14 10:59
How bout Just a simple," Yes, it is going to be great" or"  No , sorry at that price point pr ...

Hes a grown man not a purple hair hipster with soft feelings i'm sure he can handle it ;)
2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

To be honest, I don't really care if it involves buying a new Inspire 2 or 3 whatever......I don't expect DJI to keep updating the same product....they would go broke very quick.
I remember the first TV Camera I brought cost more than most peoples houses, and it was outdated in 24 months and needed replacing, so updating is not really new to me.
It would be very nice to have an update available, but if it means a total upgrade of device thats ok too.
The Inspire series has the potential to be the biggest thing in filming in a decade, and it would be great to see whats coming.....even a little way.
2016-3-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2016-3-17 13:19
Hes a grown man not a purple hair hipster with soft feelings i'm sure he can handle it ;)

Well, I know Harb can handle it,  It's a public forum and I dont want other members to feel like they would be laughed at or ridiculed for there question.  Your Post did not have any Venom, ( some can be nasty )  but I just think we should all communicate on forums like the person was standing in front of you.

I can assure you, in person, you would not tell me to "Dream On"  and laugh out loud to my face ......

We are good just, just a friendly reminder of courtesy - donnie
This is rhetorical: No retort necesary .

2016-3-18
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

And For the record, I have platinum hair
2016-3-18
Use props
PowerZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35397 ft
Hong Kong

DJI will supply a RAW export and edit tool CineLight,If you need compression data,you can get from CineLight
2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I would love to get a file........I have Cinelight, but would most likely use DaVinci Resolve
2016-3-23
Use props
RDTeam36
R&D Team

Hong Kong

Harb Posted at 2016-3-23 17:10
I would love to get a file........I have Cinelight, but would most likely use DaVinci Resolve

You can use CineLight export the raw data to MAC,then you can use Davinci ...
2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Do I have to ? DaVinci opens any raw file I put in it.....
2016-3-23
Use props
PowerZhang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35397 ft
Hong Kong

X5R Raw Footage and sample:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-46540-1-1.html
2016-3-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

PowerZhang Posted at 2016-3-24 01:43
X5R Raw Footage and sample:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-46540-1-1.html

Thank you so much for doing this.....there are so many of us waiting for these files !!

I will play with them over the weekend and get back to you.....I can hardly wait !!  
2016-3-23
Use props
rdteam43.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

The footage is compressed, not 1:1 RAW.
It's around 1:2 ~ 2:3.

We can offer a higher compression ratio.

However, I prefer mathmatically lossless, not "visually lossless".
2016-3-25
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-14 03:02
You never know......I have a drone here that cost me $60K plus and the Inspire goes very very close  ...

Hi Harb do you use the App Autopilot I'm very impressed with the technology I have an inspire one and looking for any recommendations on what you prefer.
Wow $60,000 Drone Jesus Christ I'd love to see a picture of it .
2016-3-25
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

Me too...what is it made out of?
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules