1202 5 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

It seems that DJI care has a limit.
From Dji Care webpage

How many repairs are covered by DJI Care?

DJI Care does not limit the number of repairs. You can repair your drone until the total amount of the repair fees exceed the coverage amount, except in cases where the aircraft is completely damaged (see Question What happens if my aircraft is completely damaged?).

What is the limit of coverage ??

Is the limit,the purchase price ? ---  $1399 ??

Also remember you will need to send DJI an additional $299 for the coverage, making your investment $1698 not  $1399

If you read over the DJI Care page, the limitations are carefully absent.

2016-3-14
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

Yeah that originally bother me as well -- it's poor wording because they don't specify what that means.  I did some searching and found it described somewhere as the purchase price, but that wasn't obvious. And by purchase price, it's what you paid for the drone, minus tax, not the extra you paid for the DJI Care.  And if you got it for less than full MSRP, it's what you paid, not what MSRP is.

You can also make more than one claim, but they keep a running tally of their repair costs and cut you off when the cumulative total equals your purchase price.  if the cost of a repair exceeds your remaining credit they will only cover up to your limit and you would have to pay the rest.  And during the last couple months of the coverage (on the full year, or last month on the 6 month) they discount your credit substantially, I think to 60% or something like that.
2016-3-14
Use props
denalidan66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183786 ft
United States

The limit is pretty clear in the DJI Care FAQs. It says the one-year coverage for $299 will cover P4 repairs accumulating up to $1399. So you have $1399 worth of repairs for a year. Should be enough for a couple gimbal/cameras which I figure is the most likely thing to break.
2016-3-14
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Much cheaper to add coverage to home owners insurance.  My coverage under State Farm is $34.00 a year and covers up to the total cost of the unit if lost, stolen, or crashed into a tree or mountain.  I had the company verify the coverage with the underwriter to make sure it covered my screw ups like crashing and it does.  And there is no deductible.  I also have AMA insurance which is secondary to home owners in the case of damage to other persons or property.
2016-3-14
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Allstate only covers for theft fire and liability
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

http://store.dji.com/product/dji ... year?site=brandsite
You can check this website, the $299 DJI care will give you a coverage amount of $1399.
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules