Using Lightbridge with A2 and Graupner PPM problem
2642 6 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I am in the process of a S900 build.

I am using the A2 flight controller with a guapner PPM radio signal going in on the X2 port of the A2 controller, everything works and sets up fine.

my question is this

I am connecting a lightbridge to my system and it has a cable from the trasnsmitter that also wants to go into the X2 port as well (s-bus) now i am guessing that this is used to send the flight control data to the screen on the  Lightbridge reciever.

I dont want to use the lightbridge remote system using the trainer cables so that is out,  i also dont want to use the built in reciever (i use Graupner so not compatiable) or the satelite reciever option.

How do you use the A2 with the lightbridge and a PPM signal if there is only 1 s-bus port ??? can you make a y split and use this to connect both to this port ?? dosnt sound right to me hence asking the question

anyone got any ideas or am i just missing something here blindingly obvious..... please tell me i am missing somrthing

look forward to the reply and thatnk for your time to read this.

Gary

2015-1-9
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lightbridge GS is connected with 3,5mm klinke to Graupner transmitter
On the Air-end you don't need an Receiver from Graupner
2015-1-9
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-10 09:03

Lightbridge GS is connected with 3,5mm klinke to Graupner transmi ...

Read the question and don't be rude,  i DO NOT want to use the Lightbridge radio link, i think i spelt this out  in the question clearly but you obviously don't read things thoroughly ducpeter so to quote you RTF Question.
The reason for not using the lightbridg radio link for TX control is simple, i do not want to be dependant on using a link cable out of my transmitter, the transmitter and HD monitor will not be used in the same location and i do not want to be dragging cable around after me,

1 point to add, if the trainer link cable is detached from the transmitter are you now in a fail safe mode ? yes you have lost radio control but you still have a carrier signal from the Lightbridge

look forward to any sensible answers
2015-1-10
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

if you wanna use the lightbridge only for video transmitting you don't need the SBus connetion, it works stand alone.

For SBus you only can split Futaba with an HUB and Expander but this is not working for PPM. The question is how strong is the 2,4 Signal from Graupner and no problems with the 2,4 Signal from the LB.

we are using Graupner MC20 Trainer port -> Lightbridge for flight control and video transmitting. For Gimbal control with second MC 20 TX bind two receivers  GR12  (no telemetrie signal is importend, the last binded receiver send telemetrie signal)
For Video an secound Groundstation LB.  

or you can use a different RC like 35MHz for Gimbal control
2015-1-10
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply, on further investigation it seems the GH3 gimbal does not provide HD video even though the camera is outputting 1080, is there an upgrade for this on the GH3 gimbal or does it mean buying the GH4 gimbal just to do this, If this is the case it negates the complete idea of using the light bridge in the first place.

I am using the Graupner MC32 and it supplies a solid signal and also gives me a signal strength and quality reading at the transmitter via telemetry from the receiver.

How does the flight control information from the A2 get onto the Lightbridge display, What i want the light bridge to do is the HD video signal and the overlay of the flight control data, if i have to use a iOSD then the lightbridge is pretty useless to me if it is the case of SD video out of the GH3 gimbal controller and then no iOSD.

If this is the case is there an upgrade to the GH3 for full HD ? I havnt tested it yet but looking at the cabling and the manuals it defiantly seems to be SD but this could defiantly be me missing something.

granted having a second Lightbridge ground station would work with the video transmission but this is a hell of an expensive way to get rid of 1 cable.

Any idea on the failsafe situation with the lightbridge if the trainer cable is disconnected as you still have a carrier signal.

thanks for your reply.
2015-1-10
Use props
panos.argyropou
New

Greece

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-10 19:35
if you wanna use the lightbridge only for video transmitting you don't need the SBus connetion, it w ...

hi!

I have the lightbridge and Naza m V2, my transmitter is the Graupner MC20. the problem is that when lightbidge ground system is on, I lose transmitter signal after 50m.
if I will pass transmission through lightbridge ppm, do you think that I will solve the problem? what settings I have to do?

pls help!
2015-12-7
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

light bridge groundstation is D_bus and not PPM, you can use only the 3,5mm klinke wire
not the Hott HF signal -> GS is stronger
2015-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules