Compass calibration fails.
1658 17 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi everyone! I recently had to change my Phtantom 2 H4-3D PCB because the cam part of it was burned (cables bat + and bat - was touched between them). So now, I need to recalibrate the compass but it always shows red/yellow light after the process. I don’t know why, because the compass (raw) parameters are OK; the IMU calibration was completed successfully; the Phantom shows green light when turn on indicating Ready to Fly; and I have no magnetic devices close the Phantom when I’m calibrating it. All seems to be OK but the compass calibration process doesn’t work.

Could you help me??

Thanks, Ivan.

2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it does not calibrate and you were always able to get it to calibrate before in the same locations/situations then I would say that you have some kind of unseen internal damage.
2016-3-14
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-15 04:47
If it does not calibrate and you were always able to get it to calibrate before in the same location ...

Thanks for your response! How can I figure out that problem?? Perhaps, after change the PCB I had to do something that I didn't do. I mean, I have change de PCB and then I calibrate de IMU (OK) and then tried to calibrate the compass but this didn't work. I don't know what to do...
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ivanzimerman Posted at 2016-3-15 04:51
Thanks for your response! How can I figure out that problem?? Perhaps, after change the PCB I had  ...

You can try reapplying the firmware, and also downgrade then upgrade again. Don't know if that will fix it but worth a try before having to send it in for repair. And you sure everything was plugged in and all solder joints looked ok.
If you have tried absolutely everything an the compass will not calibrate then you will need to send it in.
2016-3-14
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-15 06:05
You can try reapplying the firmware, and also downgrade then upgrade again. Don't know if that wil ...

Thank you very much! So I'll try it.
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ivanzimerman Posted at 2016-3-15 06:31
Thank you very much! So I'll try it.

I don't know what else to think of. Also do the IMU calibration again after the firmware update.
2016-3-14
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-15 06:05
You can try reapplying the firmware, and also downgrade then upgrade again. Don't know if that wil ...

Sorry, but the only way for doing that is to do a hard reset of my PT2? I'm not sure how to downgrade the firmware.

Then, it is possible that the compass is damaged instead of its good parameters?? Sorry for all my doubts, but I'm just a beginner.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ivanzimerman Posted at 2016-3-16 00:30
Sorry, but the only way for doing that is to do a hard reset of my PT2? I'm not sure how to downgr ...

Sorry, I wasn't remembering it was a P2, best suggestion is to send it in for repair.
OR, there's some really great prices on a P3.
http://store.dji.com/?site=brandsite
2016-3-15
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-16 00:36
Sorry, I wasn't remembering it was a P2, best suggestion is to send it in for repair.
OR, there's  ...

In the PT2 Assistant, I have the Phantom MODE instead of NAZA-M Mode. Is it important? Could this be the problem?
2016-3-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

ivanzimerman Posted at 2016-3-16 03:08
In the PT2 Assistant, I have the Phantom MODE instead of NAZA-M Mode. Is it important? Could this  ...

Should not matter the mode you are in..NAZA-M is nice and offers different flight options...Are you doing the compass dance correctly?

I would first try a new compass if that is the error symptom you are getting from the flashing lights...inexpensive possible solution...

Option...try hard reset....instructions here...http://www.hazarapoint.com/dji-v ... sion-naza-light-v2/
2016-3-15
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-16 04:17
Should not matter the mode you are in..NAZA-M is nice and offers different flight options...Are you ...

Thanks for yor answer!! I could complete the calibration process when I'd just bought my Phantom and I had no problems. Now I repeat the process a lot of times and always is wrong. This happened since I replace the PCB for a new one, after tha CAM part of it, near ZENMUSE connector, was burned...

I have no courage to do a hard reset hahaha. I think that sending it in for repair would be the best option...
2016-3-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

ivanzimerman Posted at 2016-3-16 08:02
Thanks for yor answer!! I could complete the calibration process when I'd just bought my Phantom a ...

The hard reset is harder than it loosk, if you have already had the shell off that is more than half the battle...Frankly it could still be your compass also,
If it were me, i would order compass, try that (easiest) , if not, hard reset, if not...send it back...Just my opinion....
2016-3-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

If you had cable that burned before and after that you can't get the compass to calibrate, I would do some more investigation. Sounds like you may have some more damage. Would be cheaper to replace the compas cable befor sending it in. You m sure it's out of warranty now and the cost would be on you.
2016-3-16
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2016-3-16 17:11
If you had cable that burned before and after that you can't get the compass to calibrate, I would d ...

This is the burned PCB. As you can see, it is burned the CAM part, near ZENMUSE. All the rest seems to be OK. Perhaps the compass was damaged too but it is not seen. Those who have replaced the PCB said me that it is possible that some of the voltage inverters has been dameged too. Is it possible??
2016-3-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

ivanzimerman Posted at 2016-3-16 23:56
This is the burned PCB. As you can see, it is burned the CAM part, near ZENMUSE. All the rest  ...

Anything is possible, this is all a gamble now, no one can tell you for sure...
not sure how much a compass is but it is likely the least expensive item to try prior to sending it in for repair or sending it to the recycle bin...New compass, give it a try!!!!!
2016-3-16
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

Guys!! I sent my Phantom in for repair and they say that the problem is the GPS board. They say that it was burned when I had the problem with the PCB as yo can see in the photos I show you last week. Is it possible??? I mena, is possible that the GPS board is burned and the Phantom shows green light when I power it on???? Thanks!!
2016-3-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When it comes back, you can smile again.
Until then, relax, sit back while enjoying YouTube videos or refreshing yourself by RTFM, to spend some drone time. ;-)
Hopefully you have other drones or heli's to help occupy your flying time, during these quiet solemn moments...

RedHotPoker
2016-3-22
Use props
ivanzimerman
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi everyone! Finally I could solve this problem sending it in for repair. Now I have othr little issue. The gimbal returns to the original position when I release the dial. I don't know why. This worked fine before sending it in for repair. The MC firmware is 3.14. The Gimbal firmware is the H3-3D 1.0.0.12 but my gimbal is H4-3D!! I reset the gimbal but nothing changed.
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules