1707 12 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darickyeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4108688 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Sorry if I missed it in the manuals.... what exactly is this cable for?

Is it for charging the Transmitter from the Inspire battery?   If it is... not sure how many of us would find that helpful- already we don't have enough power for the flight.  

Maybe a USB to Transmitter cable would be more useful?   

Cable

Cable
2015-1-9
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charge tx via a flight pack. Sure came in handy at CES.
2015-1-9
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Do you mean you can charge the RC (tx) by plugging it directly into a battery? I was wondering the same thing about this cable.

Also, what's the 2nd white USB --> microUSB cable for?
2015-1-9
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

it is for u to use aircraft battery to charge ur RC in case that u r outside and ur RC is lack of battery.
2015-1-9
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just as I said you can charge the tx with a battery pack. 2nd micro usb is for anothe tx if you get a dual setup.
2015-1-9
Use props
darickyeo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-10 09:07
Charge tx via a flight pack. Sure came in handy at CES.

Just curious- did the power in the TX run down so fast?

I would think in most cases the Flight batt would run down faster compared to the TX.... :/
2015-1-10
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It can also be used to discharge the battery. Dji suggests that if the battery (for the Inspire itself) is going to be stored and not used for a long period of time that you do not store it fully charged. You will notice that when you get your Inspire that the battery is about 50% charged. That is because they don't know how long the batteries will be in their inventory before use. Mine actually came with about 40% in it. Could be on the low side because it is very cold here in the northeast right now.
My practice with my Phantom Vision is to run the battery down by letting idle until it shuts off. When I get the low battery alarm I bring it back in close to me and just hover and make little short passes, etc. until it brings itself down.
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Darickyeo, no we just had the imspire in the air for 10 hours straight each day. Only stopping for battery replacement.
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

@Rodger

No need to even worry about this. The batteries have a built in discharge, just select the rate of discharge in the app under the battery screen.
2015-1-10
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-10 23:55
@Rodger

No need to even worry about this. The batteries have a built in discharge, just select the  ...

Thanks, didn't know that. I have not loaded the App yet as I just received my Inspire so I have not had the chance to go through it piece by piece. From what I keep seeing in the Posts on here. I am very impressed, a lot of thought and obviously input from the field has gone into the Pilot App.
2015-1-10
Use props
darickyeo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-10 23:53
Darickyeo, no we just had the imspire in the air for 10 hours straight each day. Only stopping for b ...

Wow - how many Flight Batteries did you have??   

So anyway instead of Flight Battery to TX cable, I think most people would have preferred a USB to TX cable if it was possible....

2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This was at CES.. we had many batteries. I don't fully understand your request, the unit should have came with a micro usb to usb.
2015-1-10
Use props
darickyeo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Not a request... just a comment...

Instead of using the flight batt to charge the TX.... wouldn't it be more useful to have any standard USB portable charger to charge the TX?  

Just a thought anyway.  Thanks for your info.
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules