Tips??
1127 9 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grantfbrooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 887054 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, having owned my P3P for 7 months and covering 100 miles i had my first crash, totally user error, i decided to treat myself to an inspire 1 pro black edition, it should be arriving today (fingers crossed ) any tipsyou think will help with the transition? ?
2016-3-14
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Keep an eye on your batteries, make sure they a fully charged.....don't just assume 4 lights is fully charged if it has been a few days.....recharge them to make sure.
Then just go out and fly......you will be totally stoked.....they are such a good thing.
Don't take to much notice of the doom and gloom threads on here.......a lot more of us have had Zero issues than those that have.....and a lot of the time its op error anyway.
Enjoy, and post up your results here.

Harb
2016-3-14
Use props
grantfbrooks
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Excellent thank you. ..
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I made the Same Jump from the P3P to Inspire 1.  ( Did not get the X5 though, lucky you)  Very similar, a much faster aircraft though.  Just be careful as with this speed the braking is a liitle more intense.  And as Harb said, watch the batteries carefully, be aware of there charge state, place used batteries in separate pouch or something, and dont get "doom and gloom " syndrome.

Make sure when updating with the X5 that you do the proper  firmware uploads as well.

Welcome to the Dark-Side Grant- donnie

..........If I think of anything else, I will let you know, pretty seamless transition.  
2016-3-15
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Best tip of all?.......check your mod values before each and every take off and DO NOT calibrate your compass every time you move or change location! You run the risk of introducing an erroneous calibration. Get a good one and stick with it.
2016-3-15
Use props
grantfbrooks
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Some good tips coming through, keep them coming, cheers...
2016-3-15
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

DONT calibrate? I was under the impression you needed to anytime it was a new location to pick up any bad objects or metals?????
2016-3-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

americanrawlins Posted at 2016-3-15 11:17
DONT calibrate? I was under the impression you needed to anytime it was a new location to pick up an ...

Only if the new flyin point  is over 125 miles away from original calibration point.  Tharg is right, do it right the first time then only after Firmware Updates or Hard Landings.  ( Or of course the 125 mile rule)

also here is my tip page on updates, coming from a Phantom this is just a refresher:
-Always update the aircraft first.
-Make sure you download the proper firmware.  If you have the Pro make sure not downloading for the Advanced or standard. Double check!
-Make sure you only download the Bin File to the FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD Root Directory.
-Make sure transmitter is NOT on when downloading Firmware to aircraft ( VERY IMPORTANT)
-When installing SD with fresh  firmware to the   Aircraft, make sure it is off. Then turn on aircraft, the firmware will then begin  load.
-You can jump FROM 1.4 TO 1.6.  BUT if you have any difficulty you must stair step from current firmware to get to the latest firmware.   If at 1.3 must install 1.4 then you jump or stairstep to 1.6.  
-All the firmware numbers for the RC - aircraft- Go App - Camera WONT BE THE SAME. For example the current aircraft firmware is 1.6.0.40 but the RC Firmware is 1.5.70.  A LOT OF FOLKS GET CONFUSED ON THIS   (Including Yours Truly when first starting out.)
-Sometimes only the aircraft gets an update and not RC Transmitter   Read the pdf on the downloads page so you know what’s going on for example 1.6.0.40 is only for the aircraft and batteries.
-Make sure to read what each update is effecting. For example 1.6.0.4.0 will require each battery to be updated as well. Keep Informed.
-Macs’ sometimes do not format SD cards well.
When Formatting  Success is in doubt  FORMAT ON THE AIRCRAFT, go to camera settings on dji go app , open the tool icon , on bottom is Format SD  card option.
-Updates sometimes take a while, wait for the tone to change to d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd  or the solid  green light even better.
-If you hear a long steady "No count just steady"  dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd   it has failed.
-When updating it is a " steady 4 count" dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-
-When updating is finished it is " a one two count"  d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd-d-dd
-Updating is not an option for just the aircraft, IF there is also an update at that time for the Transmitter you MUST do it.

-To find out your current Firmware: Make sure The Aircraft, Transmitter, and GO-APP are all on. Now go to the “Main Video Flight Screen” , Tap the right hand corner for “ Settings” on the Very Left Bottom of  tab icons  you will see -  - -  this is the “ General Settings   Go to  “About “  Here you will find current Firmware on each device.  If you only see the “App Version  it is because you did not turn everything on like I told Yawl’.  : )

- You cant Rollback the Battery Firmware once installed. Once Installed that’s it.  ( Battery Only)

-When doing a Rollback, confirm the Current firmware on the Aircraft and then Rollback Firmware in Order.  If at 1.6 you can only Rollback to 1.5.

Hope this helps you - donnie

2016-3-15
Use props
grantfbrooks
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you all for your replies...
2016-3-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

grantfbrooks Posted at 2016-3-15 16:08
Thank you all for your replies...

When placing Inspire in  travel Mode, be sure you are on a hard Smooth surface.  The Inspire uses the VPS sensor to gauge how high to raise or lower the gear and it needs a hard surface, this also makes it easier for the legs to slide out when entering travel mode.  

Also if you have The "Self Adaptive  Landing Gear" set to enable, make sure you are flying over surface with different texture.  If you fly over sand or water for instance the VPS sensor can get confused and drop the gear suddenly .  I turn my VPS (Variable Position Sensor) off or the Adaptive Gear  off so I dont have the gear cycling up or down over these type surfaces.

Have Fun Donnie

2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules