Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fredz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322290 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Ulysse Posted at 2016-3-16 16:02
Out of topic but can you tell me more about drone law in Luxembourg ?

Probably totally illegal. Can't even fly in your own backyard.
Only registered aircraft can fly, and you can't register a drone, hence you can't fly.

Only above a field approved for miniature flying it is allowed, but most clubs ban drones as well.
2016-3-16
Use props
Allen Lew SG
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 10:47
Hi, could you please export the LOG file in the app by iTOOLS. It's abnormal that you get a 199% h ...

what is itool and what is log file?
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

brian.bradac@gm Posted at 2016-3-16 22:17
Ken did DJI pull the .0288 update?  I was unable to update the download just sat at 0% earlier thi ...

The 0288 is the current version,Here is a detailed copy from a user. And yes, there will be a Mac version.
1. Connect iPad to RC using an Apple-certified USB-Lightning cable.
2. Power on RC - iPad automatically turns on (that's new)
3. Start DJI GO app
4. Power on P4
5. On main screen of DJI GO app - the one where the P4 picture is displayed, you should get a message that a firmware update is available. (Note: If you enter the DJI GO app and go to Camera screen, you will also get a message that a firmware update is needed, BUT you cannot update firmware from this screen or by tapping on the message.  Instead, go BACK to the main screen with P4 picture.)
6. Tap on the DOWNLOAD icon at bottom of screen.  Firmware took 7-8 minutes to download even though I have 30-50 kbps high-speed Internet service, so BE PATIENT. If download pauses, just tap RESUME DOWNLOAD.
7. When firmware download completes, DJI GO app will instruct you to connect cable to P4 aircraft using adapter cable.  OK this is a little complicated. Here's what I did that worked.
8. Leave P4 and RC powered ON.
9. Disconnect full-size USB connector from the back of the RC leaving Apple Lightning cable attached to iPad.
10. Plug USB connector into DJI-provided adapter cable that has a female USB connector on one end and a micro-USB male connector at the other end of 4-inch cable.
11. Plug micro-USB connector into micro-USB port next to microSD slot on the side of the P4. Do NOT turn off the RC!  (NOTE: The first two attempts, I turned the RC off and the firmware update failed to proceed.) So, now your iPad or iPhone will be directly connected by USB cable to the P4 (the RC is now connected only wirelessly to the P4).
12. If you are lucky like I was, the firmware update will start within 15 seconds of plugging micro USB cable into P4.
12. P4 firmware update progress will be displayed as a percentage at bottom of DJI GO app screen.
13. When firmware update completes, you will be instructed to disconnect and then reconnect USB cable to update the firmware upgrade status. (Note: I disconnected the micro USB cable from the P4 and plugged it back in.)
14. DJI GO app should now display message indicating update is COMPLETE and instructs you to reconnect RC.
15. Leaving RC and P4 turned ON, I disconnected the cable from the P4, disconnected the 4-in USB adapter cable, and plugged the USB connector back into the full-size USB connector on the back of the RC. (Note: iPad or iPhone is now cabled directly to the RC (normal cable configuration).
16. I clicked on CAMERA on DJI GO app screen and this brought up the live video screen from the P4.  At this point, you can power everything off and back on again, if you wish.
17. No more "firmware update required", but now I got a message indicating COMPASS ERROR, so I took P4 outside and performed COMPASS CALIBRATION.
18. Powered OFF P4, RC and iPad.
19. Powered ON RC (iPad turned on by itself) and restarted DJI GO app.
20. Powered on P4 - after a minute or so DJI GO app indicates aircraft is connected.
21. Press CAMERA icon on DJI GO main app screen and camera screen with live video image from P4 is displayed.
22. BE SURE TO GO THROUGH EVERY MENU AND SET ALL OPTIONS TO YOUR PREFERRED SETTINGS INCLUDING:
     - Set Return to Home Altitude
     - Imperial vs. Metric Units of Measure
     - Camera Photo and Video settings
     - Enable Hardware Decoding
     - Enable Multiple Flight Mode
     - Set Maximum Flight Altitude (20-500M)
     - Smart Go Home (ON or OFF)
     - Set new Visual Navigation System Settings

2016-3-16
Use props
fredz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322290 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken: there have been reports of the P4 descending at 30-20% of battery (far away) even though battery levels are set to minimum (10 & 15%). Is this the Smart Go Home in action? On P3 you were always able to cancel this, but not on P4, it seems, why?

And thanks, DJI-Ken, Nospelt is a beautiful area!
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fredz Posted at 2016-3-16 23:49
DJI-Ken: there have been reports of the P4 descending at 30-20% of battery (far away) even though ba ...

I will look into it, I have not experienced that with the P4. I condition all my batteries so I have not taken a P4 battery under 50% yet.
2016-3-16
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

brian.bradac@gm Posted at 2016-3-16 14:17
Ken did DJI pull the .0288 update?  I was unable to update the download just sat at 0% earlier thi ...

this happened to me until i shut off the P4 then it updated through the APP fine, so once you start the download turn your bird off until it finished
2016-3-16
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fredz Posted at 2016-3-16 16:20
Probably totally illegal. Can't even fly in your own backyard.
Only registered aircraft can fly, a ...

Thanks for your answer ;)
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Another cool feature on the P4 is the 2x zoom. It goes from 1.0 to 2.0 in .1 increments.
P4 Zoom.PNG
2016-3-16
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-3-16 11:14
OK - I figured it out.  This is the procedure that worked for me. Detailed firmware update instruc ...

I followed your step and was stopped on step 12.. the firmware update progress didn't start on my P4.

Instead of going through all these steps, I installed the DJI Assistant2 (download from DJI website) and do the upgrade via my computer .. The process is a bit like updating a P2 machine but only simpler .. All you have to do is to installed the DJI Assistant2 and follow the on screen instruction.. Pretty straight forward..

2016-3-16
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-3-16 10:49
I have 6 Phantoms ranging from the Vision+ to the P4.  Three of them don't have RTH buttons so, in ...

Totally agree.  Similar to my post a year ago on the complaints about CRC on the P3.  The basis of my argument:  It is much more difficult to "accidentally" perform a CRC than it is to simply fly your Phantom at full throttle into a brick wall.  What keeps you from doing this?  Your piloting skill which is controlled by your brain.  And if there is loss of control there, well, sorry but you probably should find another interest.  Another way to put it - IF you are bothered that you could "accidentally" perform the CRC, then you should be VERY AFRAID that you might fly full throttle into a brick wall, or worse, another person.  The argument about actually recording video wih the control sticks in the CRC position is absurd to even discuss.
2016-3-16
Use props
dji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 592103 ft
United States

In case this helps anyone: I couldn't get my P4 to update - when connected to my iPad or Android tab with the included Micro-USB OTG cable, the app kept saying that the drone was not connected and the upgrade process just wouldn't start. Tried everything including different start-up sequences, rebooting the tablet, killing the app, etc.

I eventually discovered that you have to upgrade the RC unit first. Only after the RC was upgraded would the drone connect to the tablet via USB to perform the upgrade process. The app doesn't tell you this. It could of course just have been luck, but it seems like updating the RC was what got things working.Also, can you change your screen name, If you are not affiliated with DJI then your screen name souldn't be dji. It will confuse people.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dji@matthewlloy Posted at 2016-3-17 09:19
In case this helps anyone: I couldn't get my P4 to update - when connected to my iPad or Android tab ...

That's not the case, I updated a P4 the other day and I didn't know there was an RC update until after I updated the aircraft firmware then the app told me there was an RC update.
2016-3-16
Use props
sfcordova
lvl.1

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-15 22:17
So your logic is don't make changes for people that deserve it?? Lol.

A large group of people hav ...

What is CSC and OCD?
2016-3-16
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

fraggdya Posted at 2016-3-15 23:57
I've updated the RC, have the 2.7.0 app on my iPad and iPhone but the GO App is saying firmware upda ...

Same exact thing happened to me. I was going back and forth from iPad to 6 plus and one was fine and other said needs update.

So I deleted the app and reinstalled it on the bad one and all was fine. Seriously though, I haven't had one straight forward firmware update yet.

It said it was "paused" on the one that didn't work so I have this fear that it's not fully updated but in sure it is.

BY THE WAY, the IMU calib is in a slightly different location. Like advanced in sensors. Make sure you calib both IMUs outside on level play.
2016-3-16
Use props
sfcordova
lvl.1

I tried upgrading my P4, the RC upgraded no problem.  It then asked me to go to the DJI Go home page and update the aircraft.  I clicked on the update and it downloaded 100% to my iPhone.  It then told me to use the adapter cable to connect to the aircraft.  I disconnected my iPhone cable from the RC and connected it to the adapter cable.  The DJI Go app says "Aircraft Not Connected."  I've repeated this process several times... nothing.  I then used the Micro USB cable and connected it to the RC and the other end to the adapter cable... nothing.... Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong??
2016-3-16
Use props
sfcordova
lvl.1

sfcordova Posted at 2016-3-17 11:54
I tried upgrading my P4, the RC upgraded no problem.  It then asked me to go to the DJI Go home page ...

It worked after the 5th or 6th attempt.
2016-3-16
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

icsrz Posted at 2016-3-15 23:38
I think this new two step process of stopping the motor will be difficult if we chose to catch the P ...

This new procedure is only for killing the motors in an emergency you can still stop the motors with the left stick fully down to hand catch
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jeffmcrae52@out Posted at 2016-3-17 12:54
This new procedure is only for killing the motors in an emergency you can still stop the motors wi ...

Correct, lowering the throttle after on the ground or in you hand will stop the motors.
2016-3-16
Use props
redzs13
New

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-3-16 11:14
OK - I figured it out.  This is the procedure that worked for me. Detailed firmware update instruc ...

david.p.mann (David P4.You're the MANN) Great procedure ,only thing I did not do was remove and plug again (the phone and aircraft) I did unplug to get it to start the download.after update is said complete,press complete and it said plug phone to RC,Good tips to set up the flying style !!!!
2016-3-16
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-17 04:45
Same exact thing happened to me. I was going back and forth from iPad to 6 plus and one was fine a ...

Compass calibration has to be performed in a clean environment.... for IMU, it doesn't matter and can be done inside (only requirement is the craft to be on a level surface).
2016-3-16
Use props
tommypc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787480 ft
United States

Why does the Phantom 4 not have the wireless connection between the controller and the unit that you are using the DJI software on? The Phantom 3 standard is wireless but not any of the 3 pros or 4, what's the deal?
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tommypc Posted at 2016-3-18 00:43
Why does the Phantom 4 not have the wireless connection between the controller and the unit that you ...

The P4 is a whole different animal with tons of computer processing to do so it cannot be updated wirelessly.

And if your asking why only the Standard is wireless (P3 4k is as well) it's because those two models are controlled with 5.8 for the RC and 2.4 WiFi for the video.
The Inspire, Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced, and the Phantom 4 use Lightbridge. That's why the range is so much more.
2016-3-17
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Visual Air Posted at 2016-3-16 14:28
Ok well think about this for a minute , if you pull the right stick in and to the bottom the aircr ...

The new method of CSC is safer. don't you think? lolz
2016-3-17
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-3-17 02:49
I have 6 Phantoms ranging from the Vision+ to the P4.  Three of them don't have RTH buttons so, in  ...

Sorry but I don't agree with you. The new CSC method is safer.
2016-3-17
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

I m not able to start at all.. Big fat mc data error in the middle of the screen. Logging error, system errors when u I open it... Dij support wasn't helpful said return back to store. Not possible when I am in Tahiti for a month and wanted to use it here. Aircraft 01.00.0288 and the RC on 1.5.8
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

geierdmtr@gmail Posted at 2016-3-19 00:09
I m not able to start at all.. Big fat mc data error in the middle of the screen. Logging error, sys ...

I'm sorry for your issue.
Have you tried an IMU calibration?
2016-3-18
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 07:01
I'm sorry for your issue.
Have you tried an IMU calibration?

Yes, of course.. Spent hours on it.. Event connected it to a pc.. Mc data error on main screen. When trying to lift of says logger errors prevent this. Inside status status says logger errors. Propellers never start. Calibrated all 3-4 times.
2016-3-18
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-16 12:48
Another cool feature on the P4 is the 2x zoom. It goes from 1.0 to 2.0 in .1 increments.

Zoom.... awsome!  Is it just zooming in the screen and still recording the bigger image, or is it recording the zoomed in image?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

geierdmtr@gmail Posted at 2016-3-19 03:10
Yes, of course.. Spent hours on it.. Event connected it to a pc.. Mc data error on main screen. Wh ...

It's doing this from new, it's never been flown?
Are you able to post a video starting from the aircraft powered off and the app and RC turned on and then power the aircraft and show exactly what you are seeing in the app.
If indeed it is an error that power cycling, calibrating the IMU, and all other troubleshooting steps cannot eliminate the errors then it will need to come in for service.Also, what does it
If you provide your email, I can have someone contact you.

2016-3-18
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

4StateFlyer Posted at 2016-3-18 14:19
Zoom.... awsome!  Is it just zooming in the screen and still recording the bigger image, or is it  ...

Anyone been able to test the zoom?  

I really want to know if it is recording the zoomed in footage, or still recording regular and just letting pilot see closer.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

4StateFlyer Posted at 2016-3-19 07:12
Anyone been able to test the zoom?  

I really want to know if it is recording the zoomed in foota ...

The zoom is on screen and in the recorded video.

2016-3-18
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for posting Ken! I wanted a zoom that is great to have one.  Big points for adding.  

If you keep adding features like this the Typhoon H will have to drop its price even more .
2016-3-18
Use props
chiupolini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196755 ft
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-15 22:57
Yes, you are correct.

Well, as far as I see, there is still a bug in the xxx288 firmware. I transferred my HDMI module from the P3 RC to the Phantom 4 RC. The HDMI connection shows the OSD but not the camera view. On further checking I find that whenever I connect the HDMi device (which is a Carl Zeiss Cinemizer goggles) to the output of the HDMI module, the signal between the RC and the Phantom 4 is cut. I have raised the issue with DJI and still awaiting their reply.
2016-3-18
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 09:53
It's doing this from new, it's never been flown?
Are you able to post a video starting from the air ...

Thx Ken. I will do it tomorrow.. My email is dgeier@apple.com.. I didn't try power cycling, how does that go?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

geierdmtr@gmail Posted at 2016-3-19 15:32
Thx Ken. I will do it tomorrow.. My email is dgeier@apple.com.. I didn't try power cycling, how do ...

Power cycling is turning the aircraft on and off.And screenshots of the MC Data Error would be great too.
One more thing to try as well. Hook it up to the computer and downgrade the firmware to .0170 and then see if the MC Data Error is still there.
When it's finished downgrading the firmware it may not say it's downgraded but after 10 minutes or so (may see the image below), power off the aircraft and then power everything up and igo to the General Settings and scroll down to About and it should say the aircraft is on .0170.
Let me know if the MC Data Error is still there. Either way, try to update to .0188 and and see if the error is still there after updating to the latest firmware.
P4 finished update.jpg
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

chiupolini Posted at 2016-3-19 14:52
Well, as far as I see, there is still a bug in the xxx288 firmware. I transferred my HDMI module f ...

There is no bug.
Your remote has to be on 1.5.8 (which I'm guessing it is because the app makes you aware if the RC needs updating)
And you have to have Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI enabled.
Trust me it works, I used my P3 Pro RC and bound it to the P4 and it works just fine outputting video to a monitor.
Simultaneuos.jpg
2016-3-19
Use props
paysoproduction
lvl.1

Doing this update is TERRIBLE, im trying to enjoy NCAA and go flying and this update is a PITA!
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

paysoproduction Posted at 2016-3-20 01:35
Doing this update is TERRIBLE, im trying to enjoy NCAA and go flying and this update is a PITA!

Did you get it completed?
If it gets stuck at 99%, leave it for a few minutes then power off the aircraft and power it back on and you should get the update complete notification. If not, look in the General Settings and scroll down to About to verify you are on the latest update.
2016-3-19
Use props
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

icsrz Posted at 2016-3-15 21:38
I think this new two step process of stopping the motor will be difficult if we chose to catch the P ...

Totally agree. I normally catch my P3 with one hand and power down with the other.
2016-3-19
Use props
paysoproduction
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-20 02:52
Did you get it completed?
If it gets stuck at 99%, leave it for a few minutes then power off the a ...

It finally went through. The controller updated fine it was when I connected my iPad to the drone it took 3-4 tries of power cycling the drone and closing the app and re-opening it on the iPad.
2016-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules