Phantom 3 Series firmware update
29877 273 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

quick test fly all looks good. It did have trouble locating enough sats for gps assisted flight and reached 9 max. Which normally I get around 17. I will go to another location and try again as it could just be due to location.
2016-3-16
Use props
prio
New
Flight distance : 161 ft

I have attempted the upgrades several times without success!!! The RC update was perfect but the Copter just sits there with a flashing red light on gimble, solid red on front arms with flashing yellow lights on rear arms. It does do the initial startup tones but then goes silent and just sits there. This is my 3rd attempt with fresh download, unzip, etc...

HELP!!!!! Have a gig today!!!
2016-3-16
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

prio@fielddomin Posted at 2016-3-16 08:16
I have attempted the upgrades several times without success!!! The RC update was perfect but the Cop ...

This may be obvious (And if you did this ignore the post),.....because it was required of other updates, but did you make sure to have the RC off when you did the aircraft update?

It is an important step.
2016-3-16
Use props
lheft
lvl.4
United States

So, Are people still having problems with the compass with the GoApp?

Which version is stable?
2016-3-16
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

Help!! Just before the update on my Standard everything was great. I then did the upgrade and continually losing connection both rc and camera. As it is now dangerous to fly how can i go back to the previous  version
2016-3-16
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Australia

Help!! Just before the update on my Standard everything was great. I then did the upgrade and continually losing connection both rc and camera. As it is now dangerous to fly how can i go back to the previous  version
2016-3-16
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Australia

2016-3-16
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Australia

Sorry hit the post button to many times. Shows how frustrated i am
2016-3-16
Use props
waynegknott
lvl.1

Canada

daverower Posted at 2016-3-16 22:21
Sorry hit the post button to many times. Shows how frustrated i am

DJI admins please respond to the growing list of people having issues. we are all grown ups and can be patient just want some acknowledgment that there is an issue and you are working on it, like many our phantoms are grounded since the last update. . on average all we have now is a 1000 dollar plus paper weight sorry to sound frustrated but I am
2016-3-16
Use props
uskaper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155581 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Yesterday I've issued a RMA about RC Signal loss and tomorrow the courier will pick it up (i hope).

Email from the DJI Repair center DE:
"This is a hardware issue and we need it here for service."

So that means it is something wrong with the Standard hardware I think... Maybe something with limited expiration date? We will see, I think...

Best, Uroš
2016-3-16
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-15 16:37
yes, delete the bin file. Sometimes there is a battery update too. So if you have a bunch of batte ...

I'm lost. Why delete the BIN file? What is the purpose?
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-3-17 00:07
I'm lost. Why delete the BIN file? What is the purpose?

There's no reason to keep it after the aircraft and batteries are updated.
That BIN file will never get used again unless you will use it on multiple some aircraft needing the same update.
You can leave it or delete. When the next update comes out, what if you forgot to delete it and then you install two BIN files on the SD card.
So, it's up to you if you want to leave it on the SD card or delete it.
2016-3-16
Use props
mdowney58
lvl.2

United States

I don't know which update caused this but, after upgrading my Go app to v 2.7, and upgrading the firmware version for the P3 Standard,
the first person view (FPV) screen is not wide screen anymore. The left side where the "Auto Takeoff" & "Auto Land" buttons are is no longer
displaying the camera view.
This results in the FPV being squished looking, and not realistic.
Everything is taller than in real life.
I hope this gets fixed.

Mike
2016-3-16
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

mdowney58 Posted at 2016-3-16 12:51
I don't know which update caused this but, after upgrading my Go app to v 2.7, and upgrading the fir ...

The new 2.7 app only shows 4:3 and it is really annoying. Hoping dji will fix this problem.
2016-3-16
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just updated my P3A,the RC and the DJIGO App,all good,no probs......The app alerted me to the new firmware
2016-3-16
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As I am a bit of a noob P3A owner I was dreading my first firmware update.  I have just done it and it worked OK.  I thought I would tell you what I did and in what order (so any other noobs out there can benefit)

1.  Upgraded my DJI Go app to the latest (2.7.1) on my iPad mini 4.
2.  Turned the aircraft, then the RC then the app and it prompted me to update the RC firmware via the app.  This took a couple of minutes and then it said I had to reboot RC which I did.
3.  The status then showed that my aircraft and camera firmware needed updating, but no option to do this via the app.
4.  Turned off RC.  Removed battery from the Aircraft.  Downloaded the zip file from the DJI site for (in my case) the P3A.   Extracted that to an empty micro ssd. (At this point there should be just one .bin file on the ssd.
5. Put the micro ssd back in the aircraft.  Put the battery in and then turned on.  After a few seconds, there is a light beeping sound from the aircraft with 4 equal pulses (d-d-d-d).
6.  I then waited for just under 10 mins and the tone changed to one long D  and two short ones.  This meant it was complete.
7.  I then checked the ssd card in my PC for the result and it showed a sucess.
8.  Switched on aircraft, RC app and went to about in the app and these are my latest version numbers.

Hope this helps someone out there.  Sorry to hear some are having issues.

IMG_14691.jpg
2016-3-16
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-16 09:19
There's no reason to keep it after the aircraft and batteries are updated.
That BIN file will neve ...

I personally leave the BIN on the card so that I don't have to roll through all 6 of my batteries right away (and assume that they'll get updated over the next several flights). But I wonder if leaving it there won't add some few seconds of needless delay, once everything is already updated.

In other words, does the craft check for the BIN file on each restart and if it exists, checks to see if the internal craft firmware is up to date? A check that would not occur if the BIN file did not exist on the SD card?
2016-3-16
Use props
Karthik Raju
lvl.2

India

Those who are having issues like me after going to the v2.7 for Android you can uninstall the app. Download the 2.6.1 apk from any apk repository (use Google to search) after going to v2.6.1 video feedback seems to be fine. So until dji comes with fixes for the screen resolution bug and the blank screen bug you can stay with older version. I however updated the aircraft to 1.7 and rc to 1.5.8. Test flight was good, I got a better range and no other issues. As of now only GoApp is giving me headaches.
2016-3-16
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-16
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft

my RC type B for my Phantom 3 pro is now useless .. is there a reset on it .. updated all ..bird ferm-ware ..air 2 go app .. all check out readme file .. seccess then updated my android mobile device .. Galaxy Note 5 with the new go app .. when I started the go app in forced me to try to update the RC from with in the go app .. it fails now it will no longer connect to the air craft .. or the air 2 ??? .. no reset the RC .??. .. HELP .. no HELP .. HELP PLEASE
update .. ok ok so here it is: the RC is updated to 1.5.80 via the DJI go app on the iPad air 2 failed on the Galaxy Note 5 starting this battle of man versus sUAS .. so the de-brief is as follows .. the DJI go app is updated on the air 2 and the galaxy note 5 all functions checked and passed added all notes to the sUAS log and small note in the pilot flight log referencing the notes in the pilot log .. to cover all needed info with redundancy .. thank you Glenn Goodnight for ringing in on the official DJI owners Group Face Book page and offering what info you had .. I appreciate your efforts .. back up and ready for safe flight / business with the DJI Phantom Pro 3...!!! ;-)

A big thank you .. to all that rang-in and tried to help .. I needed my sUAS to be up and running .. ready for safe flight .. so I was working on this issue most of the day .. I wanted you all to know I appreciate your efforts and all you do for your fellow Pilots...!!! ;-)

2016-3-16
Use props
prio
New

prio@fielddomin Posted at 2016-3-16 20:16
I have attempted the upgrades several times without success!!! The RC update was perfect but the Cop ...

Yes, I turned off the RC. I did successfully update firmware the day I received the drone last Friday. Its yesterday when I tried to do the new firmware (03.15.16) that it does not take or even remotely replicate the previous process.
2016-3-16
Use props
claudebriere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781690 ft
Canada

where can I find the new firmware? On the DJI website the latest available firmware is v1.6.0040 from 2015-12-22.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-3-17 02:10
I personally leave the BIN on the card so that I don't have to roll through all 6 of my batteries  ...

The 60-80mb left on the SD card for the BIN file is not a big deal and probably not going to be an issue if your not filling up your SD card.
and if the startup is longer because it's checking the BIN file and making sure everything is updated, it's probably not even noticeable if that even is indeed how it works.
You can test it, get your stopwatch and time the startup, then delete the BIN and do it again.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

claudebriere@ho Posted at 2016-3-17 03:23
where can I find the new firmware? On the DJI website the latest available firmware is v1.6.0040 fro ...

For P3 Pro
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

For P3 Advanced
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads

2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mdazel Posted at 2016-3-17 03:11
my RC type B for my Phantom # pro  is now useless is there a reset on it no updated all bird air 2 g ...

Your RC is fine, the latest update for the RC is 1.5.8, up from 1.5.7
Here's the linkiing instructions, they are also in the manual that's in the Academy section of the app.

Manual linking Pro-Adv.jpg
2016-3-16
Use props
prio
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 03:44
Your RC is fine, the latest update for the RC is 1.5.8, up from 1.5.7
Here's the linkiing instruct ...

DJI-Ken,

Can you please help with my updating issues???
2016-3-16
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-16
Use props
ivygarcia02
New

United Arab Emirates

So this is the new firmware I just installed that totally wrecked my newly purchased DJI Phantom 3 Standard Edition. I just got it 3 days back and had set it up today, downloaded your app, and was advised to upgrade firmware which I did. Only to find out that it doesn't work, there's no live video feed, i cant even preview the video i shot. I thought I had a good buy on this one, it costs more than the seeker I originally got.
2016-3-16
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

hahahah, yall fall for this every time.... every single time....
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

prio@fielddomin Posted at 2016-3-17 03:15
Yes, I turned off the RC. I did successfully update firmware the day I received the drone last Fri ...

Here's a better explanation, try this.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45542-1-1.html
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-17 04:32
Ken, I know your busy sorry ,  say folks that have a Phantom advance or pro and are at say 1.4 and ...

Hey Donnie,
It's probably totally fine to skip to 1.7 but since the update is so new it may be better to stop at 1.6 then go to 1.7.
2016-3-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-16 15:42
Hey Donnie,
It's probably totally fine to skip to 1.7 but since the update is so new it may be bett ...

OK thanks, I will make a note of that in my tips

Cheers- donnie
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-17 04:55
OK thanks, I will make a note of that in my tips

Cheers- donnie

Cool, and thanks again for all the assistance.
2016-3-16
Use props
jmesq32
lvl.1

Portugal

GQ. Posted at 2016-3-16 08:39
This the results I have after upgrade. I did have 2 RC update in the last hour.

Hi GQ are you using IOS because at android dos not show that info only: Version and RC
2016-3-16
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Aside from the newbies, what short memories you all seem to have. Every DJI f/w update is plagued with bugs and early adopters always suffer.  To read this thread you'd think all these problems were a bolt from the blue!

The level of sympathy available to you is inversely proportionate to the speed with which you update.

No additional features, no safety updates, no reason to rush.
2016-3-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mdazel Posted at 2016-3-16 14:11
my RC type B for my Phantom # pro  is now useless is there a reset on it no updated all bird air 2 g ...

mdazel,  did you also update your aircraft with the latest firmware upload?  If not please do so.  Make sure your Transmitter is off when updating the Aircraft.

Place the SD card in the aircraft with the firmware loaded, then turn on aircraft, it will begin to load all by itself.  

I am assuming you loaded 1.6 to your aircraft now load 1.7.  If this is not the case let me know.

good Luck - donnie
2016-3-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2016-3-16 15:16
hahahah, yall fall for this every time.... every single time....

Hey Gusto - say something constructive or dont say it.

Capish- ................thanks- donnie
2016-3-16
Use props
waynegknott
lvl.1

Canada

ivygarcia02 Posted at 2016-3-17 04:12
So this is the new firmware I just installed that totally wrecked my newly purchased DJI Phantom 3 S ...

I does not seem to be a concern to DJI , looks like the update affected allot of standards. I went back to the previous DJI go app and everything is now fine. I don,t think anyone will mind if DJI just comes out and says we are working on it.
2016-3-16
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-3-16 11:09
As I am a bit of a noob P3A owner I was dreading my first firmware update.  I have just done it and  ...

So I was having the same issues as this.  I couldn't get the sd card to read in the drone UNTIL I REMOVED the battery .  Then the drone took the firmware.  But had to do it via the sd card as the app only updated the rc controller .
2016-3-16
Use props
fcalba78
New

United States

In my case, I did the update for the RC from the App. Right after the installation was done, my gimbal went crazy, and would not stop moving. I can't even update the aircraft, because the damn gimbal is moving so much that I have to turn it off. I could unplug the gimbal, but then I wouldn't be able to update, since the card reader is on the gimbal. I have a P3 Pro.
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules