Apple Store vs online order
1418 9 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What are your thoughts. Would it have been faster to buy it at the Apple Store as opposed to online?
2016-3-15
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I would say it is about the same.

For me it was the first very bad experience with Apple since so many years as everything went wrong with my order.
I ordered on March 6 on the Apple online store and everything was fine till yesterday when the order status changed to "preparing for expedition". A few minutes later I got a mail telling me the credit card was refused. I immediately called the Visa card company and they told me there was an active and valid authorization for Apple since March 6 and everything was OK. Here in Europe, credit card authorizations are valid for 14 days (by law). An idiot at Apple decided to charge my Visa card a second time and this fails of course (due to the max amount in a month).
At the Online store support, they told me the authorization code was expired, which is false. So I had to cancel my online order.

Then I called the Brussels Apple Store and they told me it was on stock and available. So I did the trip to Brussels (120km) and arrived 10 minutes before the closing yesterday... no chance, I was told it was not possible to sell the Phantom 4 until today !!!
I go back to Brussels today and I have the only P4 that was on stock !!!
2016-3-15
Use props
Kirtus
lvl.2

I walked in this morning and walked out with a shiny new DJI Phantom 4 after 5 minutes. If you live near an Apple store I recommend the store highly.
2016-3-15
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

I heard that during one month is faster if you buy it in Apple
2016-3-15
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

What he said^^^ 5 minutes of waiting as opposed to a couple more days.
2016-3-15
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

More importantly, if it goes wrong, where are you more likely so get a satisfactory & timely repair/replacement?
2016-3-15
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

I ordered mine from Apple online using the employee perk discount program (for non-Apple employees).  It arrived today as scheduled.
2016-3-15
Use props
rwjorgensen
lvl.2

citivas Posted at 2016-3-16 02:31
I ordered mine from Apple online using the employee perk discount program (for non-Apple employees). ...

How much did you save?
2016-3-15
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

$140 off, plus CA tax =~$100 or ~$1361 out the door. So really only saving $38 from ordering through DJI, but being able to pick up the same day is a bonus.
2016-3-15
Use props
gswilder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18409 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mine on 3/2, and was told recently it would ship on the 17th. Last night I cancelled the DJI order, and placed with Apple. Will be here Thursday. Also just checked and my local apple store has them in stock and available for pickup today. Pretty bad on DJI's part if you ask me.

2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules