Vision Plus FPV Setup...Will it Work?
4013 6 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash015
New

United States

Hello! I am getting ready to purchase a Phantom 2 Vision plus and all of my accessories for FPV. Just wanted some opinions and to even ask if it will work the way I have it played out in my mind.

My Setup:
--Phantom 2 Vision Plus
--ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitter
--Plug and Play Cable
--iOSD Mini Cable
--Spektrum Teleporter V4 Video Headset with head tracking
--Fat Shark SpiroNET 5.8 GHz RHCP Antenna

Questions I have:
--Will this work? I have seen some videos on how to set this up for the Phantom 2, but cant seem to find one with the Vision Plus.
--Is it capable to tap into the camera already on th Phantom like they do with the Gopro's?
-- Does the headtracking control the Phantoms gimble?

I am kind of new at all this so any advice or opintions is greatly appreciated!
P.S. Still pretty new at this so I may not understand some high tech lingo. Thanks again for your help!

2015-1-9
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

A  Vision Plus already has FPV. You don't need any of the FPV accessories. All you need is a smart phone or tablet. The Vision Plus sets up its own wifi network, your iPhone/iPad logs onto the network, and you have FPV as well as telemetry, and being able to contol the camera. The reason you can't find any videos for installing the stuff on a Vision Plus is that it's not necessary, not to mention not possible.

If you want to install your own FPV, you would want a Phantom 2, Zenmuse gimbal, and a GoPro camera. You would then have most of what the Vision Plus has, except you wouldn't be able to control the GoPro from the air. You'd either have to start it recording right before you take off if you want video, or you'd have to start the intervelometer to take a series of still if you want stills.
2015-1-9
Use props
crash015
New

United States

So I wouldn't need the immersion transmitter , but could i still use the goggles? I know it comes with the fpv that puts it on your phone but i like the idea of the goggles and head tracking. is that a viable option?
2015-1-9
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

crash015 Posted at 2015-1-10 12:49
So I wouldn't need the immersion transmitter , but could i still use the goggles? I know it comes wi ...

It would be possible to use some types of goggles (Zeiss comes to mind) with the Vision plus by plugging into your iPhone via an HDMI adapter. The only control you have of the gimbal in any case is tilt up and down. Best accomplished via the tilt control on the transmitter. I don't think it's possible to slave it to head movement, and as I said, you'd only get control of one axis anyway.
2015-1-9
Use props
crash015
New

United States

So, if I went with the Phantom 2 (non vision) I could put everything on there (as stated before) with a 3 axis gimble and be able to do head tracking

OR

Check into the Zeiss goggles, but would need to remove them temporarily to use the tilt on my iphone?
2015-1-9
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to control the GoPro camera (no start/stop video, no stills).  As to head tracking, I'm sure there's some way to make it work, if you're willing to spend enough and go to enough trouble, but I'm going to say "not possible" with the Vision Plus or the Phantom2/Zenmuse.

It's easier to control camera tilt with the control wheel on the transmitter than to use the screen of the iPhone from the Vision app. You don't have to look at the iPhone at all, you can do it by feel.
2015-1-9
Use props
crash015
New

United States

Awesome information! I think I will go with he Vision Plus with the Zeiss Glasses and be perfectly happy! Thank you for your time and expertise!
2015-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules