Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi all

I am considering buying an OSMO, but horizon tilt issues are putting me off.

Please post here if you experience horizon tilt issues whereby after a period of time the gimbal tilts to one side so the picture looks off-balance.

Any further info would be appreciated. For example under what circumstances does it happen, how often is it easily corrected etc.

To DJI - are you aware of horizon tilt issues and is there a fix in the works?

Thanks for any feedback.
2016-3-15
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, on first start up the osmo has tilting/horizon issues, and after sleep mode, mine dose come good after around 30secs or so, dji say you need to do gimble calibration every start up! Next update is supposed to rectify this problem, we will see!
2016-3-15
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-3-16 09:42
Hi, on first start up the osmo has tilting/horizon issues, and after sleep mode, mine dose come good ...

Thanks for the reply.

How long does gimbal calibration take? Surely they could add an option for it to auto calibrate on every startup?
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

This issue has already been reported to our engineers and is expected to be improved in the next update. Please wait for more further information in our official website.
2016-3-16
Use props
pablotibis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50932 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I also have the problem of the tilted horizon, even if manually adjusting the app after inclinarse back, hopefully in the next update, see the beautiful video that makes the osmo though many inclined is not good
2016-3-16
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-16 10:42
This issue has already been reported to our engineers and is expected to be improved in the next upd ...

Thanks, I really hope you have good news or at least an update for us soon!
2016-3-16
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

ari_za Posted at 2016-3-16 15:50
Thanks for the reply.

How long does gimbal calibration take? Surely they could add an option for ...

Hi,gimble calibration takes less than a minute, like dji said next FW update should rectify this problem
2016-3-16
Use props
Hendrikvw
lvl.1
Canada

After the latest firmware update this is still a problem. Even if you just keep the Osmo stationary, the horizon begins to drift.
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hendrikvw Posted at 2016-4-15 23:01
After the latest firmware update this is still a problem. Even if you just keep the Osmo stationary, ...

We've received many positive feedback about the horizontal issue in the latest firmware.
Can you give me an example? Our engineers will look into it and find out the cause.
2016-4-15
Use props
Hendrikvw
lvl.1
Canada

The horizon slowly tilts with the osmo standing still on a table until it is about a 45 degree angle.
When walking with the osmo, as soon as you turn away from the original direction you walked, the horizon tilt hapoens.

The only remedy at thisstage is to put the Osmo in sleep mode and when it wakes up, it resets the horizon.

We are living with this flaw, but it is making a great product almost useless.

Don't even try to use the Osmo in a car. When the vehicle change direction, the horizin tilts massively again.
2016-4-24
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thankfully ,

havn't had any issue with mine .
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hendrikvw Posted at 2016-4-24 21:32
The horizon slowly tilts with the osmo standing still on a table until it is about a 45 degree angle ...

Hi,
We would not recommend using the Osmo in fierce movement.
Each axis has it's own mechanical endpoints, please review the specification of the Osmo in our official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs
2016-4-24
Use props
jeffcon1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i think drifting adds to the art making a video noticed it drifts on mine a little bit but i quite like it
2016-4-26
Use props
Hendrikvw
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-25 16:02
Hi,
We would not recommend using the Osmo in fierce movement.
Each axis has it's own mechanical e ...

Really?? It drifts standing still on a table. Either my unit is a dud or DJI is making a big thing of a product with a material flaw...
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hendrikvw Posted at 2016-5-24 15:27
Really?? It drifts standing still on a table. Either my unit is a dud or DJI is making a big thing ...

Hello.
Generally speaking, the Osmo is designed to be used in movement and it performs better while walking thanks to the stabilization system.
As for the issue of drifting in stationary, our engineers will try to improve it to the most in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-24
Use props
Hendrikvw
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-24 21:26
Hello.
Generally speaking, the Osmo is designed to be used in movement and it performs better whil ...

This is not acceptable. The horizon drifts when stationary and when moving. It makes the Osmo unusable.
We are a professional production company that invested money in this. I think we will cut a video and show the world how flawed your product is.

Else, time to give it back and hope DJI owns up the problem...
2016-5-25
Use props
Hendrikvw
lvl.1
Canada

Osmo is useless. No fix for the tilt problem DJI needs to own this!
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I just got my osmo+, can someone provide a little more information on the issue.  Not looking for DJI bashing but more an understanding of what this issue is.

thanks
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules