DJI-Suppled P4 Case has Room for 2 Spare Batteries!
2222 5 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picked up a shiny new P4 at my local Apple Store in Houston, TX (Memorial City Mall) at noon today along with 2 spare batteries. They had another 4 P4s on display and possibly more in storage in the back.

I was very pleased to find that the compact DJI-supplied carrying case actually has slots for two spare batteries (see photo below) as well as RC, AC charger, P4 with battery installed, all cables and two sets of props.

Granted, it's made out of Styrofoam and I would never try checking such a non-rugged case in airport checked baggage, it IS a very compact case and could easily fit in overhead bin or under seat of even the small United Express flights I often take (one seat on left side of plane - two seats on right side).

It spend the evening getting firmware successfully updated - not an intuitive process. And I even took a brief night flight 200 feet up in my back yard after confirming stable hover and all RC flight stick controls were working correctly.

DJI-Supplied P4 Case with 2 Spare Batteries

DJI-Supplied P4 Case with 2 Spare Batteries
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, you can also put the ipad mini in it.
2016-3-16
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about Ipad Air 2? will that fit
2016-3-16
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2016-3-16 17:39
What about Ipad Air 2? will that fit

No - unfortunately the iPad Air 2 will NOT fit in any available opening in the DJI supplied Styrofoam carrying case and my iPad Mini 3 (discontinued model) will just fit horizontally in the front opening of the Styrofoam carrying case only if it is "naked" with no plastic back protector installed.  

Edit - I just checked the specs for an iPad Mini 4 (current version, which I do not own) and the height is listed at 8 inches (203.2 mm), which is 3.2mm taller than my iPad mini 3, which has a height of 7.87 inches (200 mm).  I'll let someone that actually owns one confirm this, but I would think it would be a very tight fit getting even a naked iPad Mini 4 to fit sideways in the available front opening in the Styrofoam carrying case.

Also, DJI has not increased the max opening size of the mobile device holder for the P4 even a single mm. vs. the P3 or Inspire mobile device holder. So, as is true for all the mobile device holders for the Inspire, P3 and, now, the P4, a naked iPad Air 2 just barely fits in the mobile device holder when it is at its widest open position.  Forget trying to get an iPad Air 2 to fit in the mobile device holder if it is surrounded by a leather Apple Smart Case.  You can buy a variety of 3D printed DJI Phantom mobile device extenders from various eBay vendors to accommodate larger tablets or an iPad Air 2 with Smart Case installed.
2016-3-17
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

I received my Phantom 4 yesterday.
I ordered it from DJI  moments after launch on March 1st, and it was delivered on March 16th.
When I opened the case, there were 2 additional batteries, and an IPAD 4 Mini in the case as well !!
There was a note which read :

Congratulations !!  
Your order of the Phantom 4 was the 7th order placed, the first 10 orders were rewarded with extra accessories.
Enjoy your new Phantom 4
Sincerely
The marketing team at DJI
Free Batteries.jpg
2016-3-17
Use props
Lwc1496
lvl.2

United Kingdom

kjmarsola@gmail Posted at 2016-3-17 14:11
I received my Phantom 4 yesterday.
I ordered it from DJI  moments after launch on March 1st, and it  ...

Someone will.... Popcorn at side and waiting.....
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules