Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 battery hack
5079 6 2015-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Did anybody else see the article on MultiRotor Pilot Magazine back in July about "The Phantom 2 Battery Hack You Have Been Waiting For…"

It looked like the "head" of an Intelligent battery modified to accept stand LiPo batteries.  I couldn't find it anywhere on the Motor City Drone Company website.  Was that just a case of a idea that went nowhere and just died on the vine?

MotorCityDroneCo.BatteryHack00.jpg
2015-1-10
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

too much weight, too much cables, too much space, what about the gimbal?
2015-1-10
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Feel sorry for those little motors
2015-1-10
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems extreme , where you trying to fly to?
2015-1-10
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can use the NAZA V2 PMU for the Phantom2 / Vision. Then you can use any brand of  LIPO
2015-1-10
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

If it were cleaned up, and the battery head end hacked more so the wires went into the push button switch, then Yes I think its a winner, in its present configuration like others have said - too many wires - no gimbal or camera.

Weight wise I have seen Phantom 1 modded with similar battery setups and it performed OK.  It just looks messy IMHO.
2015-1-10
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yeah, it looks like it could do with some more tweaking but I was just curious.  If this little gadget wasn't too expensive I would be able to dust off the batteries from my Phantom 1 (which hasn't gotten a lot of since I got all the Phantom 2's)
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules