Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN-M Angle Mode - Kinetic Controller
1764 3 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

Spain

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to develop a kinetic controller for the Ronin and Ronin-M using an Arduino board and some acelerometer an gyro, to control the gimbal movements just by using a handheld device instead of a RC transmitter. By doing this, I will achieve more "natural" movements and more easy framing options as the gimbal will "copy" the handheld device movement and speed. Just like the new MIMIC from Freefly ...

I have already built the rig but problem that I'm facing is that the Ronin doesn't have an option to control the angle of movement based on the PPM signal. Instead of that, for example, if you tilt the handheld device the ronin will start to move in a determined speed and will not stop until you move the handheld device back to it's zero position. So the imput on the RONIN D.Bus port translates into "SPEED" instead of "ANGLE".

Doing similar things with the Alexmos is pretty simple as the GUI has the option for "angle" or "speed", but the app for the RONIN doesn't ...

Any ideas? Any chances from DJI to get this option in a future upgrade? I think that this is pretty simple option that will allow the RONIN to do what others are doing yet, like the MIMIC from Freefly and the Alexmos gimbal controller ...

Thanks a lot!

2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,

The gimbal can response to your movement correspondingly during which reaction depends on the combination setting of SmoothTrack Mode, please refer to P16-17 of the user manual.

Thanks very much for your suggestion about the Kinetic controller, our engineers will look into it and take serious consideration.
Any other good ideas will be highly appreciated as well!
2016-3-16
Use props
info
New

Spain

Hi Adela.

Yes, I know the gimbal can response to my movements with the Smoothtrack option. But what I want is totaly different. I want that a 2nd camera operator to control the movements of the camera just by tilting or moving a separate handle grip with a gyro and an acelerometer, that will send the RC signal remotely to the RONIN, so that it will copy exactly it's movements, just like the Freefly MIMIC.

The kinectic controller I've built works perfectly with the Alexmos, but not with the RONIN as it doesn't have the "angle" or "speed" mode options ...
2016-3-16
Use props
saliduran
lvl.1

Turkey

info@cromatica4 Posted at 2016-3-16 16:15
Hi Adela.

Yes, I know the gimbal can response to my movements with the Smoothtrack option. But what ...

hi, do you succeed with arduino?
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules