Thumb Controller will not work with Ronin
4959 8 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
effects
New

United Kingdom

I Have had my Ronin for a couple months, I have never been able to get the thumb controller to work.  I have the latest assistant software on a macbook pro.  the ronin GCU and IMU are both up to date with firmware,   My thumb controller is dead, I can get the red light on by ressetting and have every conceivable way of connecting it to the mac.  The assistant will recognise the contoller if the Ronin is not connected via usb,  BUT assistant says that I need to update GCU firmware,  If I have the Ronin connected to the assistant then the thumb controller wont gwt recognised,  CATCH 22!!!!   If ronin not connected then it says GCU update needed,  If it is connected then the thumb controller wont be recognised by the assistant.  Again i repeat the RONIN IS UPDATED TO LATEST FIRMWARE!!
Can anyone help me

Is it possible the the assistant software is malfunctioning?

2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
If you doubt that the Assistant software is not working normally, please just download it from our official website and re-install it again.
Could you please show us the firmware version in the Assistant software? Have you upgraded the firmware of the Thumb Controller to the latest one? Their versions must be compatible.
2016-3-16
Use props
effects
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 07:52
Hello!
If you doubt that the Assistant software is not working normally, please just download it fro ...

I have the latest version. 1.8.
I have re installed software
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

effects@gmx.com Posted at 2016-3-17 21:50

Hi,
Do the indicators on the Thumb Controller and Receiver blink when you power on? If the indicators are dead, I'll advise you to follow below steps to upgrade the firmware of your Thumb Controller and the Receiver.
First, please download the Ronin-M Assistant software 2.2 at http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/info#downloads and intall it into your PC.
1) Upgrade the Thumb Controller
Please find below Thumb Controller picture, while pressing firmly the button in the hole (pointed out by red arrow), connect the Thumb Controller to the Assistant software in your PC via a micro-USB cable, when the assistant recognise the Thumb Controller, release the button in the hole, click 'Upgrade' to upgrade the firmware to the latest one.

2) Upgrade the Receiver
Please find below Receiver picture, while pressing firmly the bind button (pointed out by red arrow), connect your Receiver to the Assistant software in your PC via a micro-USB cable, when the assistant recognise the Receiver, release the button, click 'Upgrade' to upgrade the Receiver to the latest one, and then upgrade the Receiver Radio.

Thumb Controller reset.png
Ronin Receiver reset.png
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

effects@gmx.com Posted at 2016-3-17 21:50

Did you connect the Thumb controller and the Ronin to your PC at the same time? Please note that you should upgrade the Thumb controller separately via its own micro-USB port.
Please confirm if the GCU is with the latest firmware version.
I would know more details about how  your operate your Ronin, please.
Wait for your further information!
2016-3-17
Use props
baymon1984
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 20:03
Did you connect the Thumb controller and the Ronin to your PC at the same time? Please note that y ...

What is the latest firmware for the Dji ass. App and thumb controller
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

baymon1984@gmai Posted at 2016-4-25 00:46
What is the latest firmware for the Dji ass. App and thumb controller

Hello!
Please have a look at our official thumb controller firmware release note for your question at http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/r ... ase_Note_en_1.7.pdf
2016-4-24
Use props
nicolas jullian
New

Chile

I have the same issue. I upgrade the thumb controller and the receiver with asistant version 2.2 and 2.5 and nothing. both with red lights....what can I do?
2017-10-5
Use props
fanse1c192da
New
Flight distance : 18202 ft
United States

currently I am having issues Binding my Ronin and my Thumb controller, the receiver has a blinking red light the whole time even after following the steps listed in this thread.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules