Issues or No Issues out of the box?
1271 11 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

So Ive had my p3p for 3 months now and had loads of fun. Ive used most features with no issues and had no crashes. (either due to user error or part failure) I read the forum daily and so many moan about dji products but im thinking its a small percentage really of people that do fly as those that have no issues wont post or maybe even come to the forum at all as most come looking when they have an issue. So I thought it would be fun to start a vote to see how it ends up in time...

How was your phantom out of the box? Great? Wouldnt fly? Crashed due to part failure?

For most out there who complain about the phantom range they should go try 6 channel rc helicopters as they are notoriious for crashing due to part failure or just crashing due to no reason. Are a nightmare to service and can be on ther bench longer than they are in the air! I still fly them though and love the hobby. Being here now with DJI is a stroll in the park by comparison ;)

Single SelectVote, Total 57 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-3-16
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Well, since I can't vote twice...
P3P - 1. Worked Great and still is
P3A - 2.  Worked but failed after a few flights
2016-3-16
Use props
FlyForever
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

[ Being here now with DJI is a stroll in the park by comparison ]

I'm so glad you brought up the prior RC heli info...
(I thought perhaps I was the only one from that neck of the woods thinking how easy it was to fly and how could anyone crash all that stability, unless it was hardware related}

(Not trying to hijack your thread... just glad there's other heli people here too)
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FlyForever Posted at 2016-3-16 19:56
[ Being here now with DJI is a stroll in the park by comparison ]

I'm so glad you brought up the pr ...

yes didn't want to sound too over confident with the flying (and upset peps) but yes what a dream to fly lol ha ha ha
2016-3-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Also consider that;
1. Most people aren't going to post to say all is good.
2. The number of owners who even read this forum is likely very very small.
2016-3-16
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-3-16 17:28
Also consider that;
1. Most people aren't going to post to say all is good.
2. The number of owners  ...

Still, it's the best data we have so far...and a nearly 20% failure rate is *horrible* (based on the results so far).

Look, I worked in consumer electronics for a while, and we aimed for a return/failure rate in the *fractions* of a single percent, and even that the company watched like a hawk, because every return meant a) loss of revenue, and b) another unhappy customer with a mouth and a keyboard to drive $ to our competition.
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm sure if we ask DJI they would give us a more accurate % rate of repairs/ returns. Also unfortunately there isn't really any reasonable competition out there to DJI for this  product type. Yuneec are the closest and their quality is very fragile.
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

P3a broken camera out of box. P3p DOA out of box and waiting for dji to fix... 1 week in and dji still hasn't received my p3p.... DOA should be replaced with a new unit but I know it wont .
2016-3-17
Use props
Vermontflyer
lvl.2
United States

Bought P3P was originally going with an advanced even had it order after 3 back orders I changed it to a pro just wanted to go for it. Its almost a year and it's amazing love it !
     Yes I've had learning curves one resulted in a slight crash which was totally my fault  on a couple landing   luckily no damage.
The form helped me thru the curve though and still does  mostly reading posts / videos  and some select  members (Sploodge) Thanks again !)  who wanted to help people which was the best part of this .
I did start getting the feeling I was just getting lucky especially with the amount of bad press on the form,but now I think it's what you make it . if your risky then crap happens ! Not saying that's what people are doing but hey It does seem like people might be quick to bash DJI when it might be what they did on a firmware  upgrade or a risky flight. Anyway if I ticked anyone off sorry but like the original posts said you don't have as many people logging on saying much fun it is .....which it is !!

Anyway I would buy  it again maybe some day I'll upgrade to the p5p
2016-3-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Flawless Phantom 3 Pro and extremely proud of its prowess.  Hahaha
I can't imagine spending a few $K on a shiny door stop or modern paper weight. ;-)
Wish everyone of you, had this marvelous of a trouble free drone, to joyfully pilot.

Good luck all of you P4 pilots, here's wishing you only success and many memorable times aloft.
Have fun, fly safe, happy landing. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-3-17
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-18 01:22
Flawless Phantom 3 Pro and extremely proud of its prowess.  Hahaha
I can't imagine spending a few $K ...

Hey I did also thank you very much ;) and will be staying with my p3p too and not upgrading to the p4...
2016-3-18
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

The P3A has been one of the best RC purchases I've ever made, flawless and absolute pleasure to fly. I've added the P4 to the hangar and hope she'll be just as good if not better, I also fly CP heli's and definately find that background an advantage when fling these ultra stable quads.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules