Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is it possible to use Glonass and GPS in NAZA and A2
GLONASS is the Russian satellite navigation system that works similar to GPS.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLONASS

Many smartphone such as Apple iPhone and iPad using GPS and Glonass at the same time to get more satellite and thus to improve navigation.
Manufacturers of GPS devices say that adding GLONASS made more satellites available to them, meaning positions can be fixed more quickly and accurately, especially in built-up areas where the view to some GPS satellites is obscured by buildings.
The question is why DJI this can not make.

2015-1-10
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I honestly don't know why the Phantom 2's receiver cannot use GPS and GLONASS. I suspect it is because of the additional cost that it would impose on the Phantom. Personally, I think this is something that we will see in a future Phantom 3 as the Inspire 1 received both GPS and GLONASS.

I just came back from a couple of hours of flying, and according to my iPhone's GPS app there are only 7 GPS satellites viewable. As a result of the Phantom requiring at least 6 for GPS mode, when I only receive 7 satellites it is pretty marginal considering I drop 1-3 satellites when I enable video recording (that's why I fly ATTI mode 90% now because GPS is unusable for me).
2015-1-10
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't know is it possible to made it by software / firmware or need a hardware upgrade.Need to ask the DJI developer team.

2015-1-10
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting
2015-1-10
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

The Parrot Bebop uses both and it's smaller, lighter and cheaper than the P2V+.
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules