Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Advanced RC firmware issues
2820 15 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lunesme
New

United States

Hi All,
So, i've updated my copter with 1.7.60
Installed latest DJI Go app
Updated my controller through the app to 1.5.80

I sometimes still get the "Firmware Update Required" for my RC, but it looks like i have the latest version.
Sometimes i start my DJI GO App and it says that the firmware is up to date.

I tried updating the RC with the SD card that i used to update the copter with, but it doesn't seem to want to even attempt to read it and update. The remote just sits there with a red light on, and then after 10 min or so starts beeping one peep per 3 seconds or so...

Any clues?

2016-3-16
Use props
fusross
New

United States

I'm having same problem. Firmware update says successful and to reboot rc. Then I went out to fly later and got rc firmware update required. Could somebody PLEASE HELP? Thanks
2016-3-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Discussed in this thread
2016-3-27
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

samething happened to me , the only way i seem to get rc to update is thru wifi i think. i turn on phantom 3 advance go to app with rc. hit the update button and it starts to update. you should see blue light, an here beeps. Hint , make sure batterys are charged up on both before update.
2016-3-27
Use props
joencasa
lvl.2
Mexico

Hello, I have the same problem, I have a phantom 3 advanced, I'm using an iPhone 5s, I downloaded several times the firmware 1.5.80 RC,  after the installation says RC download completed was correctly. but when I turn off the phantom and turn on again , come the same issue (RC requires upgrade) , I try  reinstalling the app dji go 2.7.1 after downloading again the firmware and installed, and no works ,
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

joencasa Posted at 2016-3-30 11:07
Hello, I have the same problem, I have a phantom 3 advanced, I'm using an iPhone 5s, I downloaded se ...

Joseph, Make sure after updating You reboot the Device with the go app for starters ( Just turn off and back on) Now  be sure to Power Up using this sequence only!
1.  RC Transmitter on
2.  Aircraft  on
3.  Go App  on  ( The device itself can be on BUT do NOT open the Go app until Last !  Make sure you do not have any other apps running in the backround anyway.  

Turn off sequence, that will lock in changes.
1. Aircraft   off
2. RC Transmitter   off
3.  Go App.   off

Hope this helps- donnie
2016-3-30
Use props
robie
lvl.1

Philippines

Updated to firmware 1.5.8, the hdmi out does not work simultaneously with the usb. It will work only either with hdmi out or usb. In previous firmware, it works on both simultaneously.

Cant find the changelog and find out if this is normal
2016-4-2
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.2

My Dji Phantom 3 Advanced was working fine, I had just had a quick flight and then decided to update the aircraft and the controller to the latest firmware as the Dji Go app was prompting me to do so.
I have a new Ipad air2 which I had to purchase as my other tablet ( Samsung Tab3 ) wouldn't show me the video/camera feed.

Anyway after updating

Dji Go app to ios 2.7.1
Aircraft P3 advanced to 1.7.60 (I had heaps of problems getting it to load this, the report kept saying it was the same version 1.6 ? but when I look on the app screen it says its 1.7.60 )
RC to 1.5.8 ( even now it still keeps telling me it needs to update to version 1.5.8 even though in the (about page) it's version is 1.5.8)
My Ipad Air 2 is running 9.3.1

I now have control of the phantom but I cannot see any camera or video on my ipad screen.
I have reinstalled and restarted everything multiple times and I get the same results. ( have reinstalled the DJI Go app from your website and I now have lost all of my flight records also)
I am so disappointed with this Phantom.
After having to buy a new Ipad Air2 at the start just so it would be compatible to see the camera on screen I'm now back to where I started.
2016-4-3
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

I still have the problem with the rc constant update thing as well. Even though I know if I power the rc on before opening app it eliminates the rc update.
It still bothers me that if I turn app on first I get the update message.
There are a lot of people who have reported this, I do not understand why they have not released a update to fix the problem.  Nothing... You would think someone from DJI would at least come out and say, " we realize it's an issue and are working to come up with a fix. "  Instead they don't even acknowledge the issue.  Awesome!
If they have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix and I just don't realize it or have overlooked it, then I apologize and retract statement. However I have not seen it.
2016-4-3
Use props
joencasa
lvl.2
Mexico

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-31 02:49
Joseph, Make sure after updating You reboot the Device with the go app for starters ( Just tur ...

Thank you Donnie, I follow your recommendation and works very good.
2016-4-5
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

joencasa Posted at 2016-4-5 23:19
Thank you Donnie, I follow your recommendation and works very good.

Your Welcome , my pleasure

cheers- donnie
2016-4-6
Use props
jesse.bakke.00
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-30 11:49
Joseph, Make sure after updating You reboot the Device with the go app for starters ( Just tur ...

I was having an unrelated problem with the remote pairing (linking) ..... This is the first time I ran across this.  Working like a charm - Thank You, sir!
2016-4-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

jesse.bakke.00 Posted at 2016-4-6 13:05
I was having an unrelated problem with the remote pairing (linking) ..... This is the first time I ...

My  pleasure , Please send your love gift ( donation )  of amounts over $ 50.00 to donnie  c/o Dji

Thanks- donnie

Just kidding - happy to help and glad you are up and running - go fly and have fun !
2016-4-6
Use props
joencasa
lvl.2
Mexico

Donnie I'm having the following problem with my P3A, I have the new update and apparently works well in GPS mode but I want to change the mode of multiple flights, and will not let me access to that function and notifies me the following: enter flight data Mode ( connect aircraft to the computer using the on board USB port to export available flight data . Restart aircraft to exit flight data mode) do you know how can I fix this issue ?
2016-4-6
Use props
frias92
New

United States

For those who are having problems updating RC  firmware with IOS or iPads , try  with an android device, it seems like there's a bug in the iOS version as of today....
  If that does not work then downgrade to an older firmware and try the new one again.
2016-4-28
Use props
fansb243a202
New
United States

I've never been able to upgrade my DJI Phantom-3 Advanced. I’ve been flying with multiple upgrade warnings and increasing problems. I bought an Advanced, it came in a box labeled Advanced and the emblem on the copter says Advanced but the Advanced upgrade bin files never worked. Interestingly, the little bar code sticker on the gimbal mount says “pro” and the DJI Go app defaults to Professional when it links to the bird. In desperation I downloaded the “Professional” upgrade bin file and it installed and works great. For the first time I am flying with out upgrade warnings and its a joy. Somehow my copter has an “Advanced” label on the body but requires the “Professional” firmware. I doubt this problem is unique to me.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules