Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Cell Broken
2238 4 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BManCan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

i have a TB47 battery with only 8 flights that reported an error (cell broken) during flight. Thankfully I was able to bring the Inspire back for a safe landing.
I contacted DJI to report the battery failure and they asked me to provide proof of purchase, photos of battery with serial number and several other details.
I provided all of this information and received a response that my battery was activated more than 6 months ago and as a result not covered under warranty.
I received this battery in August 2015 from my dealer, and the battery failure occurred on Jan 23, 2016.  In my opinion this should definitely be within 6 month warranty.
What makes it even more frustrating is that my Inspire 1 was with DJI for service for all of Aug and Sept 2015, and returned to me in October.  My first flight on this battery was in October 2015.
The response I received from DJI indicated that my battery was activated in April 2015. I am not sure how that is possible, since I received it in August 2015. I have asked DJI to provide more details on the April activation date including the serial number of the Inspire used to activate.
Is it possible that the dealer would have tested or activated the battery several months before shipping to me?

I am not completely sure what the Cell Broken error is reporting, but I am uncomfortable using the battery again. Does anyone else have any experience with this type of battery error?
image.jpeg
2016-3-17
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a T48 with a broken cell also and its newer then the one that came with it.  Its not safe to fly it anymore and am just going to trash it.
2016-3-18
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

they might replace them.....
2016-3-18
Use props
BManCan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Harb Posted at 2016-3-18 20:00
they might replace them.....

Finally received a response back from DJI regarding the battery activation from April 2015. They provided me the email address that was used to activate the battery and it is certainly not mine.  They also suggested that I contact my dealer since according to their records the battery is beyond its 6 month warranty. Frustrating.
I have sent an email to my dealer and hope to get this resolved.
2016-3-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you notice this error after the latest DJI GO APP update?  I have 2 of my packs displaying the same warning,  One with 30 cycles and one with 19.  The packs are both only a couple of months old and wonder what caused this.  

Thanks, please let me know if yours was after update-donnie

2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules