Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteadyFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all,
I'll be posting a comprehensive video on Friday, however here are a few tips and thoughts.
As always, DJI delivers an excellent looking product. It's sleek, has a great feel to it, and the extended battery life is a game changer.
As I've said elsewhere, I do not think the lens is much of an upgrade at all.  If you are thinking of buying this drone specifically for higher video or picture quality.... Don't waste your time. The pictures and video are an insignificant upgrade. One thing I noticed, is that the lens was filthy.  Not sure why, but remember to take a lens cloth, take the ND filter off and wipe down both sides.

However, this drone has some great additions in functionality.  The active track is incredible.  I'm a little confused as how DJI got this tech because I thought another company had been working on the same technology for the last year...?  Anyhow, the Smart mode features and the the Active Track allows you to do some really cool stuff.   It works great too.  I ran all over the park today and the drone followed me perfectly.  One thing you notice is that in certain modes (P),  your drone will slow down significantly.  Not a bad trade off though for the cool funtions you get.

Some tips:

I have heard more than one person mention having problems with their smartphone not working with the initial upstart of the drone.  It may be due to the DJI-GO ap not being updated or some other reason.  However I found that even with the upgrade I had to "Activate" my drone via an ipad.  I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue, just something to be aware of.  (You can't just fly this drone, you do need to activate it and upgrade the RC (I had to do it 4 times).
Happy flying
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules