Can't use the Flight simulator when you live in a no fly zone- Why!
1531 7 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live right next to an airport and as you know I won't be able to fly my Phantom 4 in my backyard because of this. When I want to use the flight simulator, unfortunately I'm not able to use this feature and I'd like to practice with this simulator. Is there any way around this no fly in the simulator? I like the fact that I can't physicall fly my P4 within my 5 mile radius BUT why can't I be able to use the simulator? Is there any work around to this?
2016-3-16
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Only way I can think of easily, is to shield or isolate from the GPS signal either indoors or using the aluminium foil method some describe. You'd think the software would see simulator and skip that check.
2016-3-16
Use props
rickallen1231
New

DJI, this is an important fix.   Basically, anyone who lives in or near a metropolitan community is going to be within 5 miles of some form of no-fly-zone.    I would think you want all flyers to frequently refresh themselves with their copters.   By disabling the Flight Simulator, you are unwittingly increasing the probability both of accidents and of bad publicity for DJI.  This should be a really simple upgrade, just simply look for the simulator mode prior to proceeding with standard routines.
2016-3-17
Use props
CodyHumphrey92
lvl.1

United States

I went to an open field to fly today, when I was getting prepared to takeoff it said I was in a restricted area (<5mi from airport) so I clicked on 'OK' and it let me takeoff and fly around (was only flying 10-15ft to get familiar with the aircraft). Is it supposed to not let you fly at all when less than 5mi from an airport?
2016-3-17
Use props
Pkovacs92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26532 ft
United States

You can go here for more info on airport area fly zones. Depends on the airport. I've noticed my airport is not even listed in the no fly zones area (small airport) I wonder if I ever do get a drone, I'll be able to use the simm mode also. It should since it's over the 0.6 mile range of small airports. Click on the airport no fly zone map for a video and map of no fly zones.

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/
2016-3-17
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

With the most recent firmware update, I can now fly the simulator even though I'm in a no fly zone. Thanks DJI for fixing this!
2016-4-8
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 2016-4-8 14:22
With the most recent firmware update, I can now fly the simulator even though I'm in a no fly zone.  ...

I still cannot fly the simulator in a no fly zone but wish I could,
2016-4-8
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-4-9 08:11
I still cannot fly the simulator in a no fly zone but wish I could,

Did you updated your firmware properly? I live right next to an airport and can now fly the simulator with ease.
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules