New Osmo Firmware v1.5.2.0: 50% More Battery, Reduced Fan Noise
123Next >
10743 97 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Time to upgrade your OSMO! Click here to learn what's new in the Firmware 1.5.2.0. Some big changes include reduced gimbal drift and significatly increased battery endurance.

Download link: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

1.     Firmware Version: v1.5.2.0

2.     DJI GO App iOS Version: v2.7.1

3.     DJI GO App Android Version: v2.7.0

Major Updates

1.     Consumption reduced, increasing Osmo battery life to 90 minutes for a total recording time of 70 minutes (80 minutes with Wi-Fi off).

2.       Fan turns off automatically when recording video. To keep fan off during video recording, tap Mute Fan
in the Audio Control menu. When activated, the fan will only restart to prevent critical overheating.

3.     Video downlink optimized for enhanced live streaming.

4.     Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in, or switch on Digital Zoom Control for fine control.

5.     Control of Osmo tilt and pan axis simultaneously added by setting the joystick control direction to Free.

6.     Added Portrait option to optimize portrait photography.

7.     Optimized D-Log and D-Cinelike colors.

8.     Downloading of videos and photos to mobile devices now three times faster.

9.     Continuous photo capture by holding down shutter button added.

10.  Added a key combination to turn on/off Osmo Wi-Fi. Pull down the power switch while simultaneously pressing and holding the trigger then release the trigger. Wi-Fi is off when the system status LED blinks twice. Repeat to turn on Wi-Fi. The Osmo will operate for longer when taking timelapse photos without Wi-Fi.

11.  Note appears in DJI GO when trying to connect to an Osmo that is already connected to another mobile device.

12.  DJI GO now displays the current photo instead of a live preview when shooting timelapses.

13.  Audio control optimized to avoid audio distortion when recording in noisy environments.

14.  Audio data loss when using some Micro SD cards under class-10 or UHS-1 fixed.

15.  Double capture of the same shot when shooting panorama fixed.

16.  Gimbal drifting reduced.

17.  Joystick control optimized.

18.  Horizontal calibration data saves automatically after powering off.

Notes

1.     If firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo and DJI GO app and retry. After update, auto calibrate the gimbal.

2.     If DJI GO on Android fails to display the firmware version after upgrade, restart it and connect your mobile device to the Internet before reconnecting to the Osmo.

2016-3-17
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Fantastic! Just bought an OSMO and this is perfect timing Thank you to the DJI team to listening to the issues and coming out with an update
2016-3-17
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Looks like a great update!  However, I'll wait until I see a few people post that they've updated successfully before I update mine...  I don't want to get bricked...
2016-3-17
Use props
Nithin
lvl.1

India

Is This The New Firm Ware ??

But The Date Shown Is Wrong !!!

Is It An Error From The Team's Side ?

Or Is It The Old Firmware Or Latest One ?
2016-3-17
Use props
corey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18802 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the OSMO firmware have updates for the batteries like in the Phantoms and Inspires?  I have 4 batteries and am not sure if they have to be updated also.
2016-3-17
Use props
tkramwinkel
lvl.1

Germany

How can i enable the free joystick mode? it doesn't work on my osmo. All other new stuff is working.  edit: reinstalled the app, now it works
2016-3-17
Use props
petarpix.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5241939 ft
  • >>>
Germany

after update the screen freezes during timelapse mode
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

corey@morreale. Posted at 2016-3-17 14:32
Does the OSMO firmware have updates for the batteries like in the Phantoms and Inspires?  I have 4 b ...

I don't think it does, the increase in battery life is more than likely from the fan not running most of the time.
2016-3-17
Use props
simler
lvl.2
Canada

I too noticed that the pan tilt function working in unison is not happening even after the update. I too tried reinstalling the App all other functions from upgrade seem to work but not this pan tilt imporvement. Help DJI!
2016-3-17
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For those who want the pan/Tilt do this

Settings>Gimbal> and enable "Free" mode for "Joystick control direction" - Enjoy
20160317_204213000_iOS.png
2016-3-17
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

that sound  exellent, great news !
i hope to be stable this time... and Huston we have a liftoff
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-3-17 16:51
For those who want the pan/Tilt do this

Settings>Gimbal> and enable "Free" mode for "Joystick co ...

Your the man splooge !!!!!!!
2016-3-17
Use props
simler
lvl.2

I can't pan in flashlight mode after update
2016-3-17
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

Finally!!!!!!!!!
2016-3-17
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Anyone use this firmware with the "black market" X5 adaptors? I wonder if DJI is "testing" X5 support. Any difference?
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nithin Posted at 2016-3-18 02:02
Is This The New Firm Ware ??

But The Date Shown Is Wrong !!!

Thanks for your reminder.
We've modified the date correctly. Please check again our official website at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

corey@morreale. Posted at 2016-3-18 02:32
Does the OSMO firmware have updates for the batteries like in the Phantoms and Inspires?  I have 4 b ...

The latest firmware is still compatible with former battery.
The battery endurance is improved by almost 40% due to the decreased power consumption.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-18 03:06
I don't think it does, the increase in battery life is more than likely from the fan not running m ...

The battery life is prolonged not only by muting the fun but also by optimizing the functionalities to decrease the power consumption of inner components.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simler Posted at 2016-3-18 03:44
I too noticed that the pan tilt function working in unison is not happening even after the update. I ...

Please don't worry!
I've seen you post the same problem several places, please follow up your own thread "Cant PAN in Flashlight Mode!!", we'll try our best to help you out.
If possible, could you please send us pictures or videos for our judgement about this issue?
Wait for your further response in your own thread "Cant PAN in Flashlight Mode!!" Thanks!
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

petarpix.gmail Posted at 2016-3-18 02:42
after update the screen freezes during timelapse mode

In the latest firmware, when shooting TimeLapse, it has been designed to only display the picture taken right before the moment so that the user can review the quality of the last picture always.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gybo102 Posted at 2016-3-18 11:59
Anyone use this firmware with the "black market" X5 adaptors? I wonder if DJI is "testing" X5 suppor ...

Please wait for the adaptor of the X5.
This project is on the way, please refer to our further update for your questions.
Thanks a lot!
2016-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-3-17 23:59
Anyone use this firmware with the "black market" X5 adaptors? I wonder if DJI is "testing" X5 suppor ...

I use an aluminum adapter I bought on eBay, the x5 works great, better with every update it's almost there
2016-3-18
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

How long does the battery last with the X5 camera attached? I imagine they're delaying it because they found the X5 only lasts maybe 20 minutes with the Osmo battery but I'd love to be wrong.
2016-3-18
Use props
mosborne76
lvl.1

United States

This firmware is GREAT.  Thanks DJI!
2016-3-18
Use props
danny.bolivar
New

Chile

I did the firmware upgrade, but I have problems with the video, freezes, with the previous firmware had no such problem, can you help me? I have iphone 6 and app v2.7.1
2016-3-18
Use props
egpgjacob
New

United States

Thank you DJI for fixing audio video sync problem with Osmo!!!!!!
2016-3-18
Use props
alibali1701
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Won't connect to wifi now after update! arghhhhh
2016-3-18
Use props
mazurlazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-3-17 23:59

Unfortunately, the update has the same 40% failure problem that the previous updates have had. I can't even update the firmware unless I borrow an X3 from a colleague. I shouldn't be surprised that this still doesn't work with the X5 a full 6 months after they first told us that these 2 pieces were "compatible" with each other.
2016-3-18
Use props
dannykatz7
lvl.2

Myanmar

Is it possible to update the inspire x3 without the craft with me? I am overseas with my OSMO handle kit + x3 from inspire but don't have the drone here. I would love to do this for this trip before going home!
2016-3-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Tim. Mine is done and what a list of fine upgrades.
2016-3-18
Use props
markbatey
New

United Kingdom

Audio sync issue still appears to be a problem for me after firmware upgrade. After 10sec audio is one frame out, after 60sec it's three frames out. Disappointing.
2016-3-18
Use props
shabbir.siraj
lvl.1

Palestine

I jumped when I saw these two words: More battery! I've just upgraded the firmware and will be taking the Osmo for a spin in the morning. These are the types of updates that give all Osmo owners confidence in going forth to create films and not worry about technical glitches and battery life. A big thumbs up Team DJI!
2016-3-18
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have tried to update several times.  I tried downloading to SD and installing that way.  Once it finishes, I connect to the app, and it goes through another update.  At the end it keeps going from COMPLETE to 99% and back continually.  When I restart, it seems to work ok, but it says the firmware is 1.01.19+.

What's wrong?  Do I need to update to 1.4 first?

UPDATE:  I FIXED IT.  IT TURNS OUT THAT I'M AN IDIOT.

I was using a specific SD card for the update.  Then after the update, I put my ORIGINAL SD card it.  But it turns out that my ORIGINAL (normal) SD card also had a firmware bin file, 1.04.  So I was continually upgrading to 1.5 and then downgrading to 1.04 over and over.

But now I am happily on 1.5.2.0
2016-3-18
Use props
patepoo
New

United States

I have been attempting to run the firmware update, but it is not working.  By which I mean, it won't even recognize there is one.  According the instructions, when upgrading through the DJI Go app "You will be reminded if a new firmware upgrade is available."  Nope.

I am :
1) turning on the osmo
2) connecting my Samsumg Galaxy Note 4 to the OSMO wifi
3) Opening the DJI GO app v.2.7.0
3) watching as nothing happens.

I have tried logging into the app when connected to the OSMO wifi and it says no internet connection
I disconnect from the OSMO wifi and can log in while on 4G
I reconnect to the OSMO and no internet...

How do I simultaneously connect to a WAN while connected to the isolated LAN of the OSMO?

Is there no way to perform this upgrade through a USB connection?

I would love to run this update so I can enjoy the reduced fan noise.

2016-3-18
Use props
Dhanny
New

Chile

Extract the micro sd card from de X3 camera, clear all data and copy .bin (Firmware), turn on camera with MicroSD inserted, wait several minutes and Ok, this procedure work fine in my OSMO. While your OSMO camera is in process of load firmware, the led will blink red and Green.
2016-3-18
Use props
Rick-Mattie
lvl.1

United States

New update has lowered the audio way Down. I use a Rode mic and now need to set it to +20 just to get audio. Is there anyway to make the audio adjustable?
2016-3-18
Use props
wilberggarmendi
New

United States

.        Video downlink optimized for enhanced live streaming. How you use this with the app cause I dont see live streaming fracture
2016-3-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

The zoom feature is pretty choppy...tried the finger method and the digital....the latter I don't get...mine doesn't zoom in, you have to tap tap tap which makes the video choppy...DJI?
2016-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-3-18 09:55
How long does the battery last with the X5 camera attached? I imagine they're delaying it because th ...

With the latest everything the battery life on the osmo x5 is around 45 minutes, it's better than it was 2 months ago.
2016-3-18
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-18 20:44
With the latest everything the battery life on the osmo x5 is around 45 minutes, it's better than  ...

Very pleased with latest upgrade of firmware.
I like the ability to turn off the fan  automatically when the recording starts. I have had some surprisingly decent audio from the little Fleximic because of this.
I liked the ability to digitally zoom the image as well. If you don't tighten too much, it's quite useable. It's a pity that this feature can't be implemented in 4K though, since if you were going to output the video in 2K, there would be a much greater margin of zoom.
2016-3-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules